ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uno Turbo or Renault 5 GT Turbo?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
So this week I'm going to be viewing both these cars with a view to buy. Both in good nick, the Uno is immaculate and running 180bhp. The 5 has had a complete repaint last year, needs standard wheels, amber indicators, and decals put back on.

both want the same money.

Uno is rare, but even rarer in this condition.

Any thoughts?

image_zps4724d6f9.jpg

image_zps92999197.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I was 19 when theses cars where racing about the street's.

I had a R5 and loved it, id imagine the 5 will be alot easier to get the part's for.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
R5 for me... but that UNO is bloody tempting.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The uno was full restored 10 years ago nut and bolt upwards, 3 owners from new and not even 1p
size of rust anywhere. Interior is like new!

My head is saying go for the R5 but heart is going for the Uno..... Arhhhhhhhhhh

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Within 2 minutes of searching, I can find 10 R5's for sale.

I cannot find uno Uno. (geddit??)

You know it makes sense.

Arctic 182
Bloody hard decision! My 2p's worth;
Don't get me wrong I love R5's & that one looks mint, but we've seen them so much, in the sense that they pop up frequently on the forums, or have been extensively restored by enthusiasts & shown off. It's always nice to see one but that Uno..... It's old school cool!!! I reckon it will turn more heads (if that's your thing) than the R5. Plus it's the rarity factor isn't it.
"Is that an UNO TURBO? God I've not seen one of them in forever/at all"

Vs

Is that an R5, yeah that looks nice.

So for me it's the Uno lol.

But as I said, just my opinion! Good luck with it

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Its more of a weekend hobby i can play with, these are the hot hatches of my youth if you take the RS turbos out of the equation.

i love the uno but the front end is f**king ugly lol.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Is there a full photo file on both car's?
They both suffer with tin worm, dont want to be buying a car full of filla and newspaper.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Is there a full photo file on both car's?
They both suffer with tin worm, dont want to be buying a car full of filla and newspaper.

No but I will be under them having a good luck around, that's part of the sale which I have already requested. I don't mind welding, as
long as it's been done right.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Hard choice!
I think the Uno though, not seen one in person before!

Difficult one, and I am a soul believer in the Renault 5 GT Turbo, hugely capable car!

I kind of like the Fiat, however the cage puts me off a bit? Given you say they are similar price.. Has to be the 5, latest year for a GTT, would look great with a couple changes and parts still pretty available bar a few OE items

Do it..

5d5cab1556f8a81e6a31b96930534d5b.jpg

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Am one usually for exclusivity but the R5 is the winner here.. Best colour and one of the very few j-platers! Looks exactly like my first car also was a j plate.

maybe just get both? It's not like there gonna depreciate.

Uno looks great but it has to be the gt turbo.

Plenty of parts out there for it and gt turbos are just so cool.

Arctic 182FF
I'd be happy with either car personally, and I'm sure you would too. That being said, I'd go for the Uno.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Uno!

I miss mine :(

Edit:

Just realised that's the Uno from Turbo collective! Buy it!

clio dci , ren8
Would have to be the 5 gt turbo for 2 simple reasons , if you think French electrics are bad don't go near Italian they are loads worse lol & fiats of that era did have worse rot problems than Renault , saying that finding ether in good nick is hard now . Got to still be a few old cup cars floating about :rofl:

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Uno. Always loved the look of them since I'd seen a project thread on fiat forum years ago.

Only ever seen one in person

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Go for the Uno. I had one and a mate had a track focused one. Loved the car, wish I could have another

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I'd definatly go for the Uno. If the car was restored10 years back and is still in good condition its a sign it was done correctly and very well. You say the 5 has been resprayed recently but how much work was done and will it last. if it was a wuick blow over to sell on then expect problems in the future. Every man and his dog has a 5 gtt aswell.

Every man and his dog lol ^^ ??

How many 5's do you see on the road now? Granted more than Uno Turbo's I bet but I think the only way to settle this is for you to drive both cars and make your choice from that :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Uno for a bit just to say you've owned one. god awful things though, mate of mine is restoring his currently, engine hands out the front like no-ones business so handling is.....interesting. (especially since he's now fitting a coupe 16v turbo lump into it)

then sell it and but the 5 and chuck it round the bends and enjoy :)