ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uno Turbo or Renault 5 GT Turbo?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not worried about throwing it around, it's a weekender that I can tinker with. I will enjoy some traffic light Grand Prix granted, but that's it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Uno - purely for the rarity factor.

However, unless that has had some serious attention to the suspension thrown at it, it will be a handful getting that power down. And in the corners, god-shockingly bad.

I had the Punto GT successor for nearly 7 years and mine wasn't even making 140bhp. In the wet, it was a handful - damp grids and manhole covers could be a hairy experience under even mild acceleration. This supposedly has an extra 40bhp and appears to be on standard rims too?

That said, on the right roads, it was a rewarding challenge to get 'right'. And you're going back to the old days of proper turbo-lag - another aspect to allow for when driving it with some commitment. None of this modern day seamless power delivery crap..... ;)

D.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
My mates with a 2.0 16v turbo from a Fiat Coupe in it!

10440812_10154185307410524_9000518498228345450_n.jpg

Its a little bit mint underneath....

1980360_10154062007960524_6449019125435740880_o.jpg

For the sheer rarity factor it as to be the Uno!! But I just can't get on with the look of them! I know the 5 GTT is a square block too lol, but even so!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Every man and his dog lol ^^ ??

How many 5's do you see on the road now? Granted more than Uno Turbo's I bet but I think the only way to settle this is for you to drive both cars and make your choice from that :)

Ok granted they aren't common but they aren't particularly rare. If I wanted one and had the money, I could with in a day or two own a nice one. That's not the case with the Uno. I do agree though that it should be purely down to which one you prefere not what others think.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
My mates with a 2.0 16v turbo from a Fiat Coupe in it!

Its a little bit mint underneath....
And still working on it!

i gave him a rear cage to fit in it as well!

Agree with the comments about them being a handful but that's the appeal the lag is the best bit!

i had one running 200bhp with nitrous at 18 and someone managed to survive I guess it helps it was mostly broken all the time.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
You might find when you go and view them if one isn't as described that makes your decision for you

Agreed, going to see the uno tomorrow as it's forming a viewing que, I was 1st to get in going by Facebook. If I leave it 24hrs it won't be there if as described. I really want a 5 but the uno is rare and very different.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
£128 FOR insurance!!!!!! f**k I must be getting old........

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Rebuilding it for the 567th time iirc? Was out boozing with him the other week

sort of Duncs problem really, to much boozing, not enough building. think ive completed about 3 projects in time its taken him with his uno

however he has finished an entire house, so que sera sera I guess

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Some more of the Uno.

It looks very clean but I can improve on this 10 fold.

1888770_10203363422382034_4092109333177725440_o_zpse7da28f6.gif

10439493_10203362382316033_1004688600624569061_n_zps6cb2ccdf.gif

10371710_10203363418381934_6336276614913442314_n_zpsbe0ea119.gif

10428241_10203363412701792_3920221449623813452_o_zps6769f516.gif

1465728_10203363427062151_8578864771048668325_o_zpsfe1980d3.gif

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Get the one with scorpions on it obviously.

Loving the steering wheel lol. Needs some black/red, none punto mats.

Vw caddy tdi
These are both cars from my era the uno is nice in my day there used to be a tunned j plate phase 2 black with yellow bits rocking arround w-s-m did seem to go well! Needless to say I had 2 r5's and always prefered them tbh that white j plate non sunroof model is far too tempting!!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I actually forgot about the throttle pedal being twice the size of the brake and clutch.

Dammit I want another now!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Uno - purely for the rarity factor.

However, unless that has had some serious attention to the suspension thrown at it, it will be a handful getting that power down. And in the corners, god-shockingly bad.

I had the Punto GT successor for nearly 7 years and mine wasn't even making 140bhp. In the wet, it was a handful - damp grids and manhole covers could be a hairy experience under even mild acceleration. This supposedly has an extra 40bhp and appears to be on standard rims too?

That said, on the right roads, it was a rewarding challenge to get 'right'. And you're going back to the old days of proper turbo-lag - another aspect to allow for when driving it with some commitment. None of this modern day seamless power delivery crap..... ;)

D.

I knew you'd post in here!

Uno for me. I too had a punto gt3 for about 4years, loved it to bits!

at the time I used to lust after a mk2 uno turbo in red. Subtle drop, nice zorst done.

Bet most of us in here are 30+.....

:(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not far off then old 'un

;)

get some pics up.

I'd love an old 5 or uno to tinker with.

I saw an awesome 5 last year, tungy, nice drop, scorpion. Looked bloody awesome out in the sun. You can't beat old wooooshy turbo'd cars

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lovely uno but they never had the abarth on the back did they.I thought it was just the badge.? you know the scorpion on he bonnet

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I knew you'd post in here!

Uno for me. I too had a punto gt3 for about 4years, loved it to bits!

at the time I used to lust after a mk2 uno turbo in red. Subtle drop, nice zorst done.

Bet most of us in here are 30+.....

:(

Hehehe! Too right! :p

And I'll be the big 40 at the end of this year too!

D.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hehehe! Too right! :p

And I'll be the big 40 at the end of this year too!

D.

39 this year.

I had an electric blue R5 when i was 19.

Id love another but it probably won't happen, that's why im holding onto my PH1.

I met my misses in that car, 20 years later and 2 children where did them years go?!?!?!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
f**k it, just had a call from the seller saying he has been loaned the money so does lot need to sell. Gutted ain't the word.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
f**k it, just had a call from the seller saying he has been loaned the money so does lot need to sell. Gutted ain't the word.

I can't believe for someone who obviously has lots of money and is not afraid to buy cars, you took so long over it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe for someone who obviously has lots of money and is not afraid to buy cars, you took so long over it.

Really? It I contacted him on Monday night 8pm, had to work yesterday, and than was set to drive there this morning, 24hrs lol!!!

'05 BG RS182 FF
I've had 2 ph2 5's in the past (a tungey and a raider), both never failed to put a massive smile on my face. A friend of mine has had 4.

Great little cars, i'd love another one but i don't have the room.. :(