ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 17TWO Project

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
mint mate, what does removing the acoustic valve actually do? and where issit?

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the steering wheel from and how much did it cost?

Here's the link to the one i bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-TARGA-330-STEERING-WHEEL-COMBO-RENAULT-CLIO-182-CUP_W0QQitemZ390039286717QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item390039286717&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Im their shop there's one title "Mk2 98-", "Mk2 CUP", "182 2.0" and "2.0 16V". I presume they're all the same but don't quote me on it.

Did a bit more painting when i got in from work, also fitted the C2 aerial i've had lying about for the last few weeks.

Before

DSC_0017.jpg

After

DSC_0019.jpg

Apart from RSTuner logs i've not really done anything on the car for a few weeks. So today i decided to remove the window tints which is a job i've been putting off for ages as i wasn't sure how easy it would be. Turns out it was really easy and only took an hour and a half to remove the film and the glue.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Could do with a clean but it's going into the bodyshop Monday after an incident with a Royal Mail van (not my fault)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
pmsl! I'm on about the car and the trips to Mark fish/all your mods! Not the fuggin lid! lol.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice little project mate, How you finding the OMP steering wheel compared to standard? thinking of going back to a race steerig wheel again but the OMP comes in alot better priced & looks just as good from your pics, Have you found the boss kit has moved it much closer to your self at all?

Nice little project mate, How you finding the OMP steering wheel compared to standard? thinking of going back to a race steerig wheel again but the OMP comes in alot better priced & looks just as good from your pics, Have you found the boss kit has moved it much closer to your self at all?

Love it, really nice. I'd say it's the perfect size for me as i'd heard that some find the 330's too small.

Not sure on it being much closer to be honest, i hadn't driven the car for a while before it was fitted so it felt strange anyway.

Good work on the car mate :) I'll be at brands on the 27th too so I'll look forward too seeing the car!

I have also picked up exactly the same helmet as you today!

nice one chap, I have both types in the car so you can have a sit/feel in both :)

I had evo Recaros, moving to buckets was one of the best things I did ;)

recarosincar.jpg

Did you order your helmet from YBracing? How long did it take to come chap?

Got some new wheel nuts off eBay to replace my rusted ones. Don't think 16 brand new wheel nuts for £7.99 is too bad ?

Old Ones

DSC_0027.jpg

New Ones

WheelNuts.jpg

Will get them swapped over at the weekend along with doing a few other bits before Brands

Fitted my Yozzasport Exhaust yesterday that i bought off Crustys172Cup, was such an easy job. I've had 2 K-Tec exhausts before this and both times i had fitting issues (knocking etc) but this went on and was fine straight away.

Just need to sort something out with cut in the bumper from the old exhaust.

Yozzasport-1.jpg

Yozzasport-2.jpg

Got the car back from Mark Fish today after having the AST's fitted and setup.

It has gone very slightly lower than the H&R's were though and he's set it up with 2.5 degrees of camber this time (think it was about 1.5 before). He's left it on softest all round so i can play about and decide which settings suit me. He has recommended i run it half way at the front and hardest it'll go at the back to start with on track though.

AST-1-1.jpg

AST-2-1.jpg

AST-3.jpg

AST-4.jpg

AST-5.jpg

Not updated this for a while, still having issues and it's been using alot of oil :mad:

So the car's been off the road for the last 4 weeks so the engine can come out to find out what the problem is. In the meanwhile i've been using my brother's Dci 65, which actually isn't too bad.

Anyway i've been collecting a few bits and pieces :

Gaskets.jpg

CatchTank.jpg

ITG.jpg

SamcoStraightHose.jpg

Also got some DS2500 pads from Fred and bought 2 15" OZ F1's which will be my track wheels and i'm about to start refurbing them red (R26R style). Just need to find 2 more now :approve:

Should have some more bits coming next week

A quick update

Got an oil cooler

OilCooler.jpg

I also refurbed one of my track wheels, i used the DIY refurb guide from the guides section. I wasn't too bothered about paint on the tyre as i won't be using it anyway.

Sanded down

Sanded.jpg

Primed

Primed.jpg

Painted

Finished-1.jpg

Finished-2.jpg

Looks alot more orange in these pics.

Just got to do the other one (oh yeah and also get two more)

Silver 172
awesome, loving this mate.. exactaly what i want to do to mine when i get my silver 172, wanted same wheels and half cage like yours and after seeing this im deffo going to do it mate

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Looking good that mate - got a nice list of parts now!

The guy who sold you that must be a right diamond ;)