ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 17TWO Project

I've won another Recaro seat on eBay today (possibly from a CS member having looked at their other items)

RecaroFurious-1.jpg

RecaroFurious-2.jpg

It's not a Pole Position but isn't too bad a match for a passenger seat

Well the car's now been declared SORN as the the MOT and Tax have both run out. Engine's coming out over the next week to diagnose the new problem, which appears to be in the bottom end.

I'm rapidly losing interest in the car now :(

Not updated this for a while as i've changed my mind a few times about what to do with the car.

After my last post about the bottom end knocking i decided i'd had enough of walking and getting lifts everywhere and that i was going to sell the parts off the car, put it back to standard, drop another engine in and sell it.

So i sold the OZ F1's, cage, flocked dash, wheel stud kit, Trophy Recaro's, Recaro Pole Position, Recaro Furious, cobra subframes, whiteline ARB, carbon splitter and Yozza race exhaust. I then got myself a Ford Puma, to get me around, and i began collecting standard parts for the car (seats, suspension, steering wheel).

Next job on the list was to sell the APD modified head and inlets and Schrick cams. I tried them on here and had no interest, i then put them on eBay a few times and had no interest (even at very low starting prices). So i decided that i'd rather not lose that much on the parts, and also i'd probably end up modifying another car anyway, so i decided to stick with what i know and keep it.

Just before christmas i found a garage to rent and moved the car, so that i could start getting it up and running again.in the new year. For the engine rebuild i'm relying on my brother's help as i wouldn't know where to start on my own.

This weekend is the first chance either of us have had to get going on it, this is how it's been left for the last few months

IMG_0580.jpg

Before i moved it to the garage it had been sat in my brother's mate's yard with all the removed parts chucked in the back for nearly 18 months. So the first job yesterday was to chuck everything out, it's a real mess inside.

IMG_0581.jpg

So the first job was to remove the driver's seat, carpets, door cards and steering wheel. That's all that happened on the inside this weekend. I'll be ordering a few bits i need tomorrow and hopefully i'll get the carbon doorcards in and the rest of the tar removed this week.

Then today my brother was around so we got the front locking wheel nuts off (brother's mate has lost the key !) and started removing some bits from the engine bay. Got quite a bit done so the next job for the two of us will be to get the engine out.

While the wheel nuts were being removed i used chrispy's hammer method on a spare set of headlights to make up some light covers. I then gave them a few coats of satin black paint on the inside.

IMG_0592.jpg

They came out okay, just need to give the outside of the lense a good polish. I still need to cut out a hole for the cold air feed but i gave them a quick trial on the car.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

And that's it for a couple of weekends now. With the evening's getting longer i'll hopefully be making progress during the week on this as i want to get back out on track this year.

182 track, Mk7 ST
Love the look of this mate and how its progressed over the years, its good to see that its getting some love again lol :p

Love the headlight blanks, ive been thinking of doing these myself but is it much hassle to get the light units in and out all the time cos id only use them for when on track?

And with the rear tow strap, ive put it through rear bumper trim on my 182, just masked it up and drilled through the strip and the bumper foam etc and fitted it behind there :)

Not made too much progress on this recently, apart from getting the engine out. I've collected all the bits ready to rebuild the bottom end but after getting it apart i've decided it'll be easier (and quicker) to just get another engine and put my head and inlets onto it.

I think i've found a low mileage engine a couple or hours away so hopefully i might have it by the weekend and possibly get it running.

My K-Tec engine mounts turned up today

e856bdbd.jpg

Other than that i'm just waiting for a response back from Tom at JMS about an air con and pas removal kit and i'll have all the bits i need to get it back up and running.

I can't do any interior bits like painting or fitting the doorcards until the engine's back in and i can move it out the garage.

My new clutch and cambelt kit turned up yesterday, i also got a call from Tom @ JMS yesterday morning about the air con and pas removal kit and then it all turned up today :)

9c919c72.jpg

Should be collecting an engine Saturday morning, am i right in thinking a Ph1 172 engine will be fine as i'll only be using the bottom end ?

Nothing exciting to update really, not even been to the garage since we collected the engine.

These 15" Speedlines arrived today though

dfdf2b32.jpg

They were advertised as just "Speedline Competition wheels" but from looking them up they seem to be Chrono's. They been freshly refurbed in Honda Championship White, i just need to get some decent track tyres to stick on them now

Spent all day yesterday at the garage and made quite a bit of progress

We managed to get the head off the new engine, fitted my head onto it, got the cambelt on and put on most of the PAS removal kit

Going to be a couple of weeks before we can both get back up there again now though

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I have a set of them speedlines on my old corsa B dont think there chronos ,there pretty rare the ones u have
think they maybe called speedline rally 7

Been very slow progress but never the less some progress has been made. Today we went up to the garage and got a few jobs done so we're almost ready to put the engine back in.

Jobs done :

• PMS AC and PAS kit fitted
  • New clutch fitted
  • Gearbox fitted
  • DCi steering rack fitted
  • Loom re-attached to engine and gearbox
And a couple of pics

4fdb4006.jpg

22a54115.jpg

2e5a4798.jpg

985b4c6c.jpg

Hopefully we can get back up there this week and get the engine back in and running

Been up at the garage the last couple of weekends made a fair bit of progress

Managed to get the driveshafts, brakes, wheels, inlets, catch tank, radistor, oil cooler and headlights fitted. So we can get it in and out of the garage easily now, next job is to get the Odyssey battery charged up so next time we're there we can get it running.

8d79038d.jpg

22d62e0a.jpg

Been back at the garage today

Tried fitting the Milltek exhaust but it wasn't happening, looks like it's for a Ph1 so i need to try to get hold of an exhaust before next weekend now

I forgot to bring the battery back from the garage last weekend to charge it but we managed to get it jump started off my Ph1

That's it for today, only got next weekend left to finish the engine bits off then my brother's away for a few weeks

Hopefully we get what we need done and i can start on the interior while he's away

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a major update, just a list of new bits i've picked up over the last couple of months

• Alternator (mines on it's way out)
  • TRS 4 Point harnesses
  • Sparco seat runner kit
  • Safety Devices rear cage
Hopefully we'll make some progress over the Christmas break on the following jobs so it can be MOT'd in January :

• Refit the exhaust to try and get it to sit right
  • Oil and filter change
  • Brake fluid change
  • Swap alternator over
  • Fit carbon door cards and handle spacers
  • Fit seats and harnesses
I'm so desperate to get it back on the road now

I really like the look to those group N systems.

What does or sound like, and how loud are they fella?

Not really had it running yet since i put it on, i'll make a quick vid when i get a chance

It might just be me but it doesn't seem to fit very well, i need to get my brother to take a look now he's back.

I'm wondering if there's two versions of it though, one for Ph1 and one for Ph2 (the decat only has one lambda hole)

Did you get the exhaust from K-Tec?

Yes i did