ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 17TWO Project

pics of wheels on! :)

Few problems there

1) I've still not got the car back
2) Only one wheel is painted
3) I've still only got 2 OZ F1's

I won a set of 15's on eBay but i've been waiting over 2 weeks for them to arrive :(

Should have the car back in a week or so, just waiting for the head and inlets to come back at the start of next week. Then i'll just need to get it mapped.

Quick update

Still waiting on the head and inlets to come back, hopefully by next week i'll have the car back and get some pics of the new bits and pieces fitted.

Took delivery today of some 15" Anthracite Turini's from wogger. The marks on the wheel are just a bit of dirt (didn't notice it until i took the pics off the camera).

Turini-1.jpg

Turini-2.jpg

I've had grief on here about the Pro Race 1.2's becoming common now so i'm sure i'll be getting alot more about these :approve:

He also kindly chucked in a set of worn R888's (2 legal, 2 illegal), not sure if i'll be using these yet. I might end up sticking them in the for sale section later on.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I can't be arsed to do anything at work today so I've just read this whole thread.
Great project. Looks really good.
I want a tow eye for mine now!
How are you finding the AST's? Was thinking about a set myself.

I can't be arsed to do anything at work today so I've just read this whole thread.
Great project. Looks really good.
I want a tow eye for mine now!
How are you finding the AST's? Was thinking about a set myself.

AST's feel good, i didn't really get too much time driving with them before it went off the road. Once it's all back together and the ARB is fitted i'll be able to spend a bit more time playing with the damping settings.

I might have a spare towing eye once i've fitted the red one (depending on how the red lasts on it)

A couple of updates, should get the head and inlets back today. So hopefully i'll be driving it again by the end of next week (for the first time since July !)

Also my Recaro Pole Position i won on eBay turned up today

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Will get some decent pics next week, i've only got my iPhone with me today. I just need to get the subframes ordered now.

A nice big box arrived this afternoon

Head-1.jpg

Head-2.jpg

My head back from Craig @ APD

Just waiting for the inlets now and it can start going back together. Although it won't be mapped it might still make it to the Surrey rolling road day.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oooo some nice goodies you have been collecting/buying.

You know the bit on the rocker cover to the right which is missing. Do you know if you can just take it off the engine whilst its on the car?

You having it mapped with the Schricks on the Dyno when its all back together?

Was the RSTuner map causing all the aggro?

You having it mapped with the Schricks on the Dyno when its all back together?

Was the RSTuner map causing all the aggro?

Don't think it was the RSTuner map, the head seemed to be the problem. It has been rebuilt now with new valves, guides, uprated springs and headwork.

I'll be taking it to Matt at Tour De Force for mapping once its back together.

Couple of small updates

I've collected a few more bits. My stud conversion kit arrived from Rare Rims and my dash top arrived from Get Flocked. I have fully unwrapped it yet but the little i've seen looks good.

Also grabbed another eBay bargain, OMP 4 point harnesses for £40

OMPHarness-1.jpg

OMPHarness-2.jpg

OMPHarness-3.jpg

Hopefully if all goes to plan this weekend i might have the car back on Sunday :race:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
How much was the stud conversion kit matey?

Something I've fancied for ages!

I think this is actually starting to get somewhere

I got a text on Wednesday from the guy who's putting it together for me, he was missing the terminals for my Odyssey battery and also the spark plugs didn't come back with the head.

First thing Thursday I got on the phone to K-Tec to order some NGK plugs and Magnecor leads. I then phoned Merlin Motorsport and ordered the missing bits for my battery.

As promised all the bits arrived today. So I've just got back from dropping the bits off to him. He's fitted the head, cams, oil cooler, catch tank, battery and checked the clearance for the airbox. Now he has the missing bits he's hoping to finish it Sunday.

I'm not getting my hopes up too much though as something always seems to come up which stops it getting done.

While the weather has brightened up i decided to paint the other 3 wheels. Then today i took them down to get the R888's fitted.

trackwheels-1.jpg

trackwheels-2.jpg

Pics were done on my iPhone, they're nowhere near that colour. They're a similar colour to my powdercoated tow eye.