ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car (200 deals)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
-Regarding PCP's or similer.

is it me or is this just a waste of money? As you end up with nothing after the 2years of ownership, your besicly just renting it out..??

Personally I want to build up a car base of money to slowly grow over the years so I have money in the car for when income to sell etc?

Maby I'm just confused but I don't see sense in "renting" a car? Because let's be serious, people will just give the car back n get another.. So your constantly renting..

Wouldn't the more sensible thing to do is just finance the Whole payment of the car over 3/4years then sell it and have 7-10k to put into a new car and so on making the car base saving slowly grow ..... If you get me??

PSJ.

I'll use my Audi as an Example.... (I lease it, costs me £460 per month)

If I'd have bought it, it would have cost £29,000. After two years, it would have been worth £15,000 there or there abouts. So effectively, if i'd have paid cash, i'd have LOST £14,000 in depreciation.

I leased mine for 2 years and paid a £1000 deposit. Therefore that cost me £13,000. Plus I haven't got the aggro of selling it. And i'm £1000 up than if i'd have bought it.

See?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Thinking of ordering the 200 cup, I don't even need one but it seems like a mega deal! Plus if I got board of it even a year in ive always got enough capital laying about to pay it off and sell the thing on!

That in mind, I would prob want the ac, recaros and speed lines etc

Just stick it in the garage and rag it round track every now and again!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thinking of ordering the 200 cup, I don't even need one but it seems like a mega deal! Plus if I got board of it even a year in ive always got enough capital laying about to pay it off and sell the thing on!

That in mind, I would prob want the ac, recaros and speed lines etc

Just stick it in the garage and rag it round track every now and again!

You and your bright ideas!! You're worse than me!!

182 & Porsche 986
i wished i'd never looked at this thread, my cars going into harrartsrw tommrow morning and there matching the 199 pm on a 200. tempting..

Golf GTD
Anyone ordered one yet???

I was close but the Megane 250 offer has put a spanner in the works so investigating that now.

Just need to talk this missus round!

Out of interest how good are other Renault garages at matching these deals?

Da

Less
The end of the quarter is approaching so they'll want to secure any deals before the end of June.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I was close but the Megane 250 offer has put a spanner in the works so investigating that now.

Just need to talk this missus round!

Out of interest how good are other Renault garages at matching these deals?

s**t tbh.. ive phoned 3 renaults just outside greater london. phoned all the london ones and not one of them can match any lookers deal. Harret ones in manchester area are doing the same deal

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Do remember that there's the ballon payment/give it back with nothing to show at the end of it, you dont get something for nothing!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Have a look on the RS forum, the dealers post up I they have a "rare" spec in stock.

I phones about 14 dealers to only find 2 that had one twingo each!

Nick, text you in a min :)

Da

Less
ordered one of these today, wont be receiving it until september :(

wasnt lookers but renault harrats who have the the same deal.

On PCP?

The current wait is a ball-ache but not helped by the factory shutdown in August.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
tbh, £1000 down and £200 a month is a rediculous bargain. Way too cheap to miss out on imo.

Similar to the deal I did on my 197 cup tbh, mine involved a bit more cash down, but that was because I paid for the options, if I had ordered standard 197 cup then it would have been similar deposit, £225 a month, but 3 year PCP not 2.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
on a 250 cup its even more rediculous

Ah yes, but I saw a 250 today (Yellow one) and nearly ate my own eyes in disgust.

At least a 200 is just ugly. A 250 has been beaten around the head with an ugly stick and then some!!

Da

Less
The blind spot in the 250 is rediculous too...it might as well not have rear quarter windows for all the use they are.

Still, an awesome car though in a lot of ways.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
brisa, I thought you were a doctor??

A Doctor Needs a Montego or something. Maybe a Volvo 740 GL??

Meg 250/E36 Touring
The blind spot in the 250 is rediculous too...it might as well not have rear quarter windows for all the use they are.

Still, an awesome car though in a lot of ways.

Very quick and the Renaultsport moniter/adjustable throttle response is great to play with on the move!

Da

Less
All very true, such a shame Renault held back the RS Monitor on the 200 until very recently.

clio 172 cup
i wsh this month would slow down so i could make my mind up! problem i have is i want recaros,AC,speedlines,cup spoiler so then it starts getting a bit high plus ill go over 6k miles per year

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yes, but I saw a 250 today (Yellow one) and nearly ate my own eyes in disgust.

At least a 200 is just ugly. A 250 has been beaten around the head with an ugly stick and then some!!

your wrong. :rasp:
Saw my first 250 on the weekend. Nearly had to go for a sly one off the back of the wrist. car p**n tbh

Italian 3.2 V6
So it's acceptable to lose £2.4k a year on a car..? Which you don't own.

I suppose iv spent as much on insurance ... :(

PSJ

197 Albi Blue
That lookers deal looks like a steal!!

have i miss understood it or does it really only cost £5775 over a 2 year period including the deposit. Then after 2 years you can simply hand the car back or pay £8000 to keep the car if you want it?

If that is how I understand it, I will be better off buying a brand new 200cup rather than paying £5500 or so for a 182 which i will have to pay in one lump and have to obviously pay for MOT etc and things going wrong as no warrenty

Have i understood it right?