ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car (200 deals)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for summing that up Daniel, really appreciate it mate!

Definitely getting interested in these cars, just a shame the front bumper looks a bit hideous.

Anyone care to comment on the actual MPG they're getting in the cup? (I'm off to do a search now)

edit. Also does this have a mileage cap, been searching around and some threads on here seem to suggest you can only do 6k a year?! I'd obviously speak to Lookers direct but I think they're closed now.

Yep its a millage cap at 6k. But lookers quoted me an extra 8 quid per month to increase it from 6k to 8k. tbh im happy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its only 6p per mile!

10,000 miles over is £600! Its not the end of the world! Plus, if you buy it at the end, they're not interested in the mileage.

Clio 172 & Toyota Verso
LOOKERS DEAL!

Looked at the Clio deal £999 Down £199 24 Months.

You can get the Megane 250 Cup £1999 Down £199 24 Months.

Ordered the Megane Delivery Sept/Oct

Its a STEAL, I was looking at Contract Hire anyway and the Cheapest I found was £375 a Month all in and you have to hand the Car back.
With this deal you get the choose and mileage over 6K is 6p, Thats nothing!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
LOOKERS DEAL!

Its a STEAL, I was looking at Contract Hire anyway and the Cheapest I found was £375 a Month all in and you have to hand the Car back.

Depending on ins quotes im tempted.

Golf GTD
Anyone know if this deal is likely to be around over the next couple of months? I'm a bit short of funds for the next couple of months but don't want to miss out on a cracking deal.

The megane deal is sweet too!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
LOOKERS DEAL!

bloody hell 3-4 month delivery

what spec did you get dude?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Always been told finance is a no-no but looks like everyone is getting excited about it lol

Clio 172 & Toyota Verso
REF: LOOKERS DEAL!

I've ordered a completely standard 250 Cup in White, They are well stacked anyway.

3/4 Months, I can wait. Never had a new car before. I was informed that this applies to the Clio Cup too. Something about a production slot.

Insurance will go up a little for me, but I am 43.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I am looking at this trying to get a storm grey cup with black speedlines :D

Alfa 159 / TVR Sagaris
Hi, just joined up to ClioSport as I am looking to order a Cup. I have always been a big fan of RenaultSports and have decided to grab one of these as a little pocket rocket for getting to the train station car park, seems perfect for the job.

The Lookers deal does seem good but I have a few questions before putting my money down...

1. Has anyone dealt with Lookers before? What are they like?
2. I assume the deal is for a basic car, does anyone have a quote once options have been added? (Recaros, Glacier White, Mats)

As this will be my first Renault I also have a few general questions aswell...

1. Does the Cup come with a stereo/CD player as standard? It is in the standard equipment list but also on the option list (£280) I have also seen some footage of Cup's with no stereos at all....

2. What do the Speedline alloys offer over the standard 5 spokes? Is it just for 'looks' or are they lighter therefore reducing unsprung weight?

3. Is ISOfix available on the Cup? Is it not listed as an option, but I guess this should be easy to retrofit?

4. What peoples opinion of the Cup Spoiler? Im not too sure on it...

5. Anyone here without AirCon? Is it a must? (I am after as basic Cup as possible)

Sorry for questions off topic.

Thanks
Lee

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Hi, just joined up to ClioSport as I am looking to order a Cup. I have always been a big fan of RenaultSports and have decided to grab one of these as a little pocket rocket for getting to the train station car park, seems perfect for the job.

The Lookers deal does seem good but I have a few questions before putting my money down...

1. Has anyone dealt with Lookers before? What are they like?
2. I assume the deal is for a basic car, does anyone have a quote once options have been added? (Recaros, Glacier White, Mats)

As this will be my first Renault I also have a few general questions aswell...

1. Does the Cup come with a stereo/CD player as standard? It is in the standard equipment list but also on the option list (£280) I have also seen some footage of Cup's with no stereos at all....

2. What do the Speedline alloys offer over the standard 5 spokes? Is it just for 'looks' or are they lighter therefore reducing unsprung weight?

3. Is ISOfix available on the Cup? Is it not listed as an option, but I guess this should be easy to retrofit?

4. What peoples opinion of the Cup Spoiler? Im not too sure on it...

5. Anyone here without AirCon? Is it a must? (I am after as basic Cup as possible)

Sorry for questions off topic.

Thanks
Lee

1. They have a great rep but each dealership may vary.
2. Nothing extra as far as I know, I actually prefer the 5 spokes, much better in the flesh!
3. No idea, check the options list on www.renaultsport.co.uk
4. Gross and looks chav, get the smaller lip one IMO
5. I specced A/C on my Cup, but then I'm mostly in south of france and need it.

Alfa 159 / TVR Sagaris
Just phoned about 4 of the Lookers dealerships and they are all saying that there are no Cups in the country for immediate delivery... and a factory order is a 3-4 month wait!!

Does anyone know of any dealership that has a pre reg Cup in stock?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Just phoned about 4 of the Lookers dealerships and they are all saying that there are no Cups in the country for immediate delivery... and a factory order is a 3-4 month wait!!

Does anyone know of any dealership that has a pre reg Cup in stock?

You won't be able to get that deal on a pre registered car as there is extra support on the subsidised 4.5% (2 yr) and 5.9% (3yr) APR deals from Renault only on New car orders.

Has to be new, and yes current del is around 17th Sept.

Even demonstrators are more expensive!

Last edited:

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
say if you give the car back and dont wish to settle the balloon.. Does it have to be handed back in show room condition.. and if not, do they charge extra to do so?

Anybody know?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Folks;

The Renaultsport Megane range is having an 'Update to offers' from 1st July.

The extra support for PCP, 0% finance and Cash is all being cut due to the demand for the car.

In addition to this, popular options are being increased in price:

19" Alloys will be............................£750 (Currently £500)
LED's will be................................. £250 (Currently £150)
Visibility pack will be.......................£915 (Currently £750)
Recaros will be..............................£1000 (Currently £870)
Leather Recaros will be...................£1050 (Currently £960)

Anyone wishing to place an order should do so by 30th June in order to take advantage of the current levels of discount.

This roughly means £2000 extra (!!!) after 1st July on a 250 Cup on a 2 year PCP.

I'd strongly advise anyone thinking of ordering to do so before 30th June!

Clio support remains unchanged at this time!

Rich
(Crawley Down Renault)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
say if you give the car back and dont wish to settle the balloon.. Does it have to be handed back in show room condition.. and if not, do they charge extra to do so?

Anybody know?

The condition needs to be relative to miles. As long as theres no actual damage, its fine. ie stone chips, just legal tyres, bit of wear on the seat bolster is all wear and tear for a used car and will be acceptable.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
So drove both today and to sum it all up

meg 250 (with cup) - Was quicker, felt more planted although you couldnt really feel the extra weight. effortless power delivery making overtakes easy. Looks nice too. Makes an awesome cruiser. awesome recaros. But it was lazy, experience felt a bit numb, it depreciates at a quicker rate than the 200 i think and it had a quiet exhaust. Overall very impressed.

Clio 200 FF + cup (the 21k clio london west) - immediately felt more exciting to drive. Looks better than the meg imo. Lovely recaros.

ALthough i think the meg is a more capable car, the 200 is a more exciting one.

woop woop. 200 it is then

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Brisa, did you find out if you can just return the car at balloon payment point and what condition. Personally I thought if you had paid over X% of the car you could at any point just take it back. However, if you were going to do that would leasing not work out a better option? Have you looked into that?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm pretty sure leasing a 200 would be a lot more expensive than £1k deposit and £200 per m onth!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Brisa, did you find out if you can just return the car at balloon payment point and what condition. Personally I thought if you had paid over X% of the car you could at any point just take it back. However, if you were going to do that would leasing not work out a better option? Have you looked into that?

Yep you can just return the car if you wish not to pay off the 8725. They allow for some wear and tear although this is quite vague. deep scratches, significant dents and wheel kurbing will be charged for (although i have no idea how much).

To avoid that hassle though i would just buy it (either on 0% credit or cash) then sell it privately or to another dealer. The GFV is alot cheaper therefore allowing for a profit or deposit on a new car. Its easy to sell the car privately or to a garage then giving it back otherwise you could have to fork out an on forseen amount.

Also, another reason why im going for the clio is that i think the future value of the meggy is to high. Looking at 2008 megs they seem to go for 12/13 k http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1739323.htm . GFV with lookers is about 14k. so therefore you have to give it back leaving you suseptable to an unforseen amount to correct the car defects. IMo more risk and possibly negative equity if you decide to buy.

Ive briefly looked into leasing and found them to be too expensive. Servicing and maitenance is pretty low for a new car so i couldnt justify the extra cost for the peace of mind.

Im just reading over the terms and conditions of the lookers deal for more info.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
terms and conditions on the deal regarding the condition of ther return car is still vague. You have to make sure its been serviced correctly and in good condition. It was going ok up untill one point.

It makes economical sense to pay the optional final payment if the car is less than market value. IF you decide to give it back, the difference will not be used as a deposit for another car. In fact, the finance company or lookers sell the car on your behalf and keeps the profit as commitsion. Not to worry.

Last edited:
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
Care to put the Twingo deal into laymans terms for me? lol

Would it still be as good of a deal if I were to buy it at the end then sell it privately? Would I have money left over for a deposit? What if I were to hand it back for a new one, would I have money for a deposit or would I have to fork out another deposit from my savings?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
terms and conditions on the deal regarding the condition of ther return car is still vague. You have to make sure its been serviced correctly and in good condition. It was going ok up untill one point.

It makes economical sense to pay the optional final payment if the car is less than market value. IF you decide to give it back, the difference will not be used as a deposit for another car. In fact, the finance company or lookers sell the car on your behalf and keeps the profit as commitsion. Not to worry.

Well in 10 years of selling cars, I've never EVER heard of that. Ever.

Da

Less
I was talking to a dealer about PCP today and he said the equity in the car when handed back counted as the deposit on a new car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I was talking to a dealer about PCP today and he said the equity in the car when handed back counted as the deposit on a new car.

Thats the way it works in every garage i've come accross.

I'm just wondering wether this Brisa chap has confused himself...