ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car (200 deals)

Mountune Tractor
That lookers deal looks like a steal!!

have i miss understood it or does it really only cost £5775 over a 2 year period including the deposit. Then after 2 years you can simply hand the car back or pay £8000 to keep the car if you want it?

If that is how I understand it, I will be better off buying a brand new 200cup rather than paying £5500 or so for a 182 which i will have to pay in one lump and have to obviously pay for MOT etc and things going wrong as no warrenty

Have i understood it right?

£999 deposit then £199 a month for 2 years.
You then have the option of giving it back or buying it for £8,725
You haven't misread. Offer ends 30th June.

clio 172 cup
just to let u know whatcar have the future value of a clio 200 cup at £9000 and the megane 250 cup at £11000 after 2years so u might break even with the clio but be up to 3k negative with the megane

Lotus Exige, 182
Have pretty much decided to bite the bullet on this and do it, subject to my local dealer agreeing options (I want to go with the 0% hp deal and use my 182 as the deposit).

Maybe someone on here will know - if you specify recaros, do you lose the option to disable the passenger airbag? I am rather likely to have a newborn baby at some point while owning the car, so not having that option is a no-no!

Also, does anyone know the price of the monitor pack for the 200 - I note it's £300 for the megane...

clio 182
Having a test drive sat now in the meg,if i buy it october is such a long time to wait for the car to arrive:dapprove:

Will Renault match the Lookers deals?

Was just wondering as there doesn't seem to be any Renault Lookers dealers up in Scotland?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
it is a renault deal not a lookers one. storm grey and black speedlines ordered :)

Da

Less
gashead -

The RS Monitor is a £120 option, however you MUST take the Bluetooth upgrade adding £280 to the price - total is £400.

The airbag option - Deactivation of front passenger airbag (not with Renaultsport Recaro front seats). I believe this is due to the fact that you lose IsoFix and can't have lateral airbags.

it is a renault deal not a lookers one. storm grey and black speedlines ordered :)

What dealership did you order from and what will your monthly payments be if you don't mind me asking?

Was it just the speedline option you went for?

RB 200 Cup!
200 cup - went for racing blue as it was the free colour and my favourite.

wanted options but recaros, spoiler and speedlines woulda made my monthly payment 260 which is quite a lot more

RB 200 Cup!
i must admit the meggys are growing on me but the 200 is nicer - but thats just my opinion which prob isnt worth much ;)

Clio 172
Parks in dunfemline matched the lookers deal for me.

I am really thinking of going through and seeing what the score is, If i can sell my motor and maybe put down a £5k deposit i wonder what the monthly payments would be.

Really do like the 200

I am really thinking of going through and seeing what the score is, If i can sell my motor and maybe put down a £5k deposit i wonder what the monthly payments would be.

Really do like the 200

I wonder if either the repayments will go down or whether it will just lower the final optional payment?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Really do like the 200

You'd be mentally insane to put down any more than the minimum. The end value (£8k or whatever it is) will remain the same. The only thing to change will be your payments.

I've got to go out, i'll explain when I get back in a hour....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You'd be mentally insane to put down any more than the minimum. The end value (£8k or whatever it is) will remain the same. The only thing to change will be your payments.

I've got to go out, i'll explain when I get back in a hour....

I'm back!

Right. Basically the scheme isn't designed for large deposits. Think of it like this, if you put in £5k and your payments go down to £100 per month, your car is still worth £8k at the end. If you put £999 deposit in and your payments are £199 a month, your car is still worth £8k at the end AND you've still got £4001 sat in the bank earning interest.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Got my Twingo in the end with zero deposit :) I'm not sure what I'll do at the end but I don't care, still seems like a great deal to me!

Cayman S Edition 1
200, in silver, black speedlines.

Schaweet.

Damn straight!

SAM_0018.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I do hate them. Which is a shame as I loved the 197. Just can't get to grips with the styling unfortunately.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They are f**king hideous looking things. Hasn't stopped me sending an enquiry in.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i must admit i didnt to begin with but hey ho - def cant wait now!

The fact is, they look bad. You cannot deny that. But what they lack in looks they more than make up for in ability.

Cayman S Edition 1
I remember when I bought my 197 a few years back and CS was full of haters. Now ppl love it and the 200 is the next target. IMO Renault are always ahead in each car they design, taking their cars to new levels and thank god they do.

I just feel fortunate to have owned several different models!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I remember when I bought my 197 a few years back and CS was full of haters. Now ppl love it and the 200 is the next target. IMO Renault are always ahead in each car they design, taking their cars to new levels and thank god they do.

I just feel fortunate to have owned several different models!

No no no no no.

The 197 was bloody awesome looking! The 200 is just wrong. As is the new Megane.

I'm right, you're wrong. ;)

197 was always good, it was just a big change from 1*2 shape.

200 is foul.

250 is another that will grow on people, I like it tbh. Just cant get over the price tag!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
250 is another that will grow on people, I like it tbh. Just cant get over the price tag!

I saw a yellow one earlier in the week and thought it just looked chavvy and blingy. Stupid running lights, yellow, those hideous wheels.... Its terrible!

And those pointless 3/4 windows are a joke! lol.

But anyway, back on topic, a 200 for £199 a month is a bargain.