ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup has been STOLEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mini Cooper S sport
f**king hell Mark, can't believe this has happened to you..

So sorry to hear it, what total w*****s.

At least you and your family are ok, but the fact they got into your house... just.. f**king hell.

*big hugs*

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've just emailed loads of pictures to the five-o showing the stickers and stripped to the metal interior - will be hard for them to make it blend in.

Makes me think it was just taken for a thrash, and knowing what they're like, I'm expecting a call tonight to say it's been wrapped around a lamp post.

LMAO though when they talked about the ANPR checks...

"We've not picked it up today but have yesterday...did you drive it yesterday."

"Yes, I picked my Daughter up from my Mother's in Southsea."

"That explains it then - we've got you at Butlins Bognor Regis at 13:12, then at the Esso in Berested at 13:18. Hang on a minute, that's six minutes between those cameras - how did you do that?"

"Err, there wasn't much traffic".

He he he.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
You are f*cking joking!!! Motherf*ckers!!!! Im sat here open mouthed....seriously! I can't believe it.

Shall keep my eyes open....

Last edited:
  APR LCR225
pmsl!classic that mate, not much traffic!:rasp:

Totally gutting that tho but, good luck, hope she comes home in one piece:S

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Shame you didn't have one of those electrics isolation switches fitted.......that would really have confused the little scrotes.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
:eek: f**king hell, what total w*****s! Like you say Mark, either micked to order or they were disturbed. Unfuckingbelievable! I hope they find it soon. It's not as if there will be many like yours about. Makes me soooo mad. If caught the little f*****s won't get much of a punishment either. :mad: Really gutted for you.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
"Err, there wasn't much traffic".

Seriously is that what you answered?

Yup. The main bloke had already spotted my IAM Observers certificate on the wall and was chatting to me about it beforehand - nothing wrong with making progress I said!

Turns out they've had £200 from my wife's netball kitty, and my Garrard watch; I'm really pissed off about that - I only wear it once or twice a year.

SOCO can't get here until tomorrow so we can't touch anything and the conservatory's got to stay unsecure with the floor covered in glass.

100_3313.jpg

This makes me sad...no matter how hard I try, I won't be able to get used to this look...

100_3314.jpg

That useless thirsty barge shouldn't be there!!!

Just had more info. on the phone too - apparently there's been three other similar break-ins and car thefts in villages nearby over the last two days - some c**ts are obviously on a roll.

Mini Cooper S sport
If that's the case there should hopefully be some local media coverage about it soon..

I am so gutted for you Mark :(

Were you in when it happened but didn't hear anything?

Bloody hell! I don't believe it. Gutted for you Mark.

Theres a "Stolen Cars" Wiki/sticky on the Pistonheads forum at the moment. Its at the top of the "General Gassing" sub-forum. Gets quite a few views I expect, might be worth a go.

It takes the piss, without being rude what did they intend on doing with it iirc it was stripped out and not in the best cosmetic condition as well as knocking on the door of 100k. Hardly a very sellable proposition and surely they wouldn't bother to ship it.
Perhaps you've upset a 911 owner on a track day so he's abducted it to see whats under the bonnet.

It takes the piss, without being rude what did they intend on doing with it iirc it was stripped out and not in the best cosmetic condition as well as knocking on the door of 100k. Hardly a very sellable proposition and surely they wouldn't bother to ship it.

More likely chancers than professional car thieves.

M

mini-valver

Stunned.....

Chin up mate, maybe it'll be found in one peice or wrapped around a tree with the theiving little b*****d still behind the wheel. Either way, just be thankful you little-un wasn;t downstairs making a drink when it happened. As has been said, cars can be replaced....Not that it's excusable!

A4 Avant
Feel for you Mark, I got broke into pre Christmas, I went through the anger stage and it's not a nice feeling.

Were the keys in the door?

Hope it all gets sorted. Does sound like they knew what they were going for though.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
sorry to hear this mate, theiving w*nkers!!

a lot of hassle for a chancer tho, large risk of getting caught too especially with smashing a double glazed door! then again with the theiving f*ckers around.
i hope they pull over for some reason, get out of the car and get mowed down by a big truck!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If that's the case there should hopefully be some local media coverage about it soon..

I am so gutted for you Mark :(

Were you in when it happened but didn't hear anything?

Nope. Happened during the day.

Sarah got home at 1815 and our bedroom light was still on. She thought I must have come home early and swapped cars...but then couldn't understand where the Omega was.

When she opened the front door it was still dead-locked and the mail was in the letterbox...so she knew I hadn't been home. She then sensibly went next door and called the police.

Neighbours have confirmed my car was gone before 1315 - so the bedroom light being on is confusing. That could mean they were in as soon as we left this morning while it was still dark.

Megan's a bag of nerves, but very glad all her ELC play money is still here. I'm still numb. Sarah's phoning relatives with all the news.

Civic Vtec y0
Sorry to hear this mate, never happened to me personally but can imagine how gutted you must be

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
if your car is as stripped is i think it is then the only likely out come is either a breakers yard/ebay or a burning shell in a field, not that there's be much to burn. Or less likely than it being returend withe fullt retrimmed interior, would be someone using it for racing.
but i hope for a "happy" resolve to this. would you take it back, if they found it? and o
your pay out wouldn't be that great either. do tthe "market" value of one with those kind of miles. its one of the reasons why my car key is always on me, have one of those retractibe clip things on me belt and the spare is well hidden,......................................... so well i cant remember where it is infact but ive got ideas. just incase some t**t for what ever reason decides to try and fish the keys out from the letter box, or does break in, cox even if the dont take the car then they could come back, have you all the spares for the other cars??

fingers crossed mate.

Shhh
does that mean if the insurance pay out, they pay out for all the bits that were stripped..

' the damn *****s have stripped it'... :)

Shhh
on the positive side, if they were to steal the 182 from me.

i would rather them break in and steal the keys when i am out, that whilst i am in my sleep.

We have 2 small children in the house, and last thing we need is armed people running about the house demanding car keys.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Were the keys in the back door of your conservatory? If so, thats a prime reason for the insurance NOT to pay out im sorry to say.

However im sure your very gutted indeed and i am sorry for the lost car.

PS - Just spoke to my dad, he said some insurance companies would NOT pay out as keys were in door, maybe take them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.