ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kieran's 172 Cup

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You need a "special" cs tax disc holder in there ;)

SAM_1008.gif

BlackGold 182
Good progress mate! Sounded like a bit of a state tbf!

TwoTech's will sort you out :) Matt and Terry really know their stuff!

yeaaa it was to say the least! yeaa when i spoke to them over the phone they seemed like they new what they were talking about!

BlackGold 182
Update

I had the morning off work and made use of it and tidied up more bits on the car, have been meaning to do this for over a week now.

Started off with the 'new' rusty hubs that will be going on monday, gave them a good going over with a wire brush and then a couple of coats of black hammerite and look near enough new :)

c1512cf5.jpg

58e244cd.jpg

7c0bdbba.jpg

Then onto the brakes, ive previously had silver on my berg and just didnt stay looking clean for long so used more black hammerite

Before

74f91771.jpg

also got a bit carried away and ended up doing the axle etc too

5924d930.jpg

63388e78.jpg

Also i then got more carried away with a can of high temp black spray and started spraying insides of arches and underneath, not much difference but better than before

d893bfab.jpg

272d534f.jpg

9ad6842b.jpg

e910fd46.jpg

After that i moved on to the engine bay and finished that off, sprayed a few more bits matt black

Loads better than before

8bac0bbd.jpg

f244df12.jpg

BlackGold 182
Fair play dude your flying along with the progress! Guna look even better on 2118s

Thanks dan! yeaa i cant wait to get them on, tired at looking at the car with pro races on lol thinking about carbon splitter but after my last one i no it wont last long before being smashed up lol

clio 172 phase 2
Thats the reason why i didnt get that splitter . To nice and cost to
much to damge lol the fabia one i got has taken a hammerin and is still goin strong haha

BlackGold 182
Haha exactly, been there done that! Lol

Now I'm thinking of a full respray, the bonnet, roof and half the spoiler are all in satin black, not to my taste so for them all to be resprayed and blended in to the rest of the car im looking at a fair amount, so now thinking it shouldn't be tht much more for a full respray.

I have a colour in mind that I want to go, but don't want to say just yet.

Any colours that people would fancy on a 172?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I knew you were looking at swapping, hadn't seen what you'd bought. Looks a really nice car, if I buy another RS it'll be a cup I think.

Anyhow, why are you changing the hubs mate???

It really doesn't matter AT ALL if the disc retaining screws are there or not. Some cars/discs don't even have them.

You've got the four wheels bolts screwing the wheel to the hub, with the disc sandwiched inbetween.

Edit: Painting, do you know someone?

If you're going to go full respray, after seeing that one earlier, go grey!!!

BlackGold 182
Thanks rob! Well One of the hubs has half a wheel bolt in it and no retaining screws and makes an awful noise so can only assume its that, the wheel bearing is fine so I don't no what else it would be. Seems too much of a Coinsidence.

And I sort of know someone and im only thinking about it at the moment, not 100% by any means. That does look epic that grey but I just think its been done already now and would like something were Im the first to have it.

182, 6r GTi
Update

First i sprayed the bits i wanted silver including the alternator

644ed7fb.jpg

then matt black on all the rest and the polished Renaultsport

f007be8a.jpg

So the car is finally getting all the attention it needed, looking loads better now and soon she will be on the road!

your last car looked awesome and im sure this one will do to but ^^^ come on

BlackGold 182
Update

Well got round to painting calipers on front ready for when new discs, pads and hubs that go on Monday. I also sprayed all inside the arches gloss black

41540bd5.jpg

47a740d3.jpg

7b09d4df.jpg

b1f59a8c.jpg

Grill before

4bf74938.jpg

After
6784ce7e.jpg

ce0ec7e0.jpg

ef564c77.jpg

Once the car is back on the road and the 2118s are on then it's going to be very slow moving progress due to finding out my other half is now carrying my baby :) so priorities and all that now lol

BlackGold 182

Now For Sale

Didnt want to sell this so soon and had big plans for her but as said in previous post im going to be a dad and want something that im not going to mod and with 5 doors so found that an alfa romeo 147 fits the bill.

So spec :

172 Cup
2003 53plate
1 years MOT
6 Months Tax
88k miles

Vmaxx Coilovers
Stealth Yozza
OMP Trecento 300mm steering wheel
15'' pro race 1.2s
fairly new toyo proxes t1r's all round
Brand new discs and pads all round

Looking for £2100 ono

Will put up Advert shortly in for sale section

BlackGold 182
Cheers mark! I'm still torn between an Alfa and a bora tbh, bora seems more boring but would be a bit cheaper to fix if goes wrong?

Now sold pending collection

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I would imagine so. A work colleague of mine has just had he's cambelt go on he's 147 and has had 2 quotes of £1600! Surely cheapness would overrule as you need to more money for baby gear etc?

BlackGold 182
How about 307 2.0hdi? Cheap to run, just didn't want to go French again, they look decent enough I think and would be even cheaper to fix if did go wrong, which I no the chances are higher obviously lol

BlackGold 182
Well i picked this up from two techs late afternoon yesterday, and i must say the car feels great! feels exactly how it should, i did have a couple of second thoughts on keeping but i cant really. So the last drive of her to view the new car was a nice one i must say, the new owner wont be disappointed.

The car is going to be owned by another member on here from sunday so i no it will be looked after. Then monday the Leon Cupra should be with me :)