ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup has been STOLEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
B*stards!

At least your family was out of the house at the time.

I think most of these scumbags just go through peoples back gardens all the time, trying their back doors to see if they are open or if they can see any keys.

One of my mates had a £4k Motorcross bike stolen from his garage during day when he was in the house, I just can't believe how cheeky they can be.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Could be you car was targeted for parts to repair another car , possibly just bought from an auction ie universal salvage ect.

Ring the salvage auctions in your area to see if they've sold a cup recently or keep an eye on ebay/pistonheads parts for sale to see whats comes up.

It wont be anything that complicated.Its just random scum who break into houses and take the car keys for an easy getaway

It is. It was.

There's been 3 others recently. The last in a village 2 miles away, the day before. BMW, Cavalier, and something else.

BMW 320d SE
Gutted for you Mark. I'm not sure there's anything I can say really. I would feel sick to my stomach and very angry. :mad:
Of course I will keep an eye out for it in this part of Hampshire and up and down the A3 on my patrols.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Could be you car was targeted for parts to repair another car , possibly just bought from an auction ie universal salvage ect.

Ring the salvage auctions in your area to see if they've sold a cup recently or keep an eye on ebay/pistonheads parts for sale to see whats comes up.

It wont be anything that complicated.Its just random scum who break into houses and take the car keys for an easy getaway

I disagree. Randoms would have taken alot more stuff and taken the car to carry their findings. In my opinion it was the car they were after, they took the other stuff as it was easy pickings and quick to lay their hands on. You have to consider all the valuable stuff they could have taken if they had wanted it, but they left it all behind.

Scum like these have specific goals. The car is the ultimate prize. If they get other stuff in the process then they will class it as a bargain. Car thieves know that most cars can not be stolen without keys as they won't start because of immobilisers, they therefore have to plan things well in able to get their target.

BMW bus
Unlucky chap, hope the scumbags who did it get what they deserve.

I'm just down the coast so will keep an eye out for you.

P

phill172

Mark i will be keeping my eyes peeled for it....
That really sucks...my car got broken into last week..more gutted then anything......
anyway, low life scum hope they get whats coming to them......hope you do get it back

clio 197 cup
just echoing what everyone else has said,marc.feel really sorry that this has happened to you and your family.i have been an avid watcher of the various vids that you have posted here and there.
in some small way,it must feel that a family member has gone missing....

regards
steve

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
harsh dude! if i hear anything i will be letting ya know! dirty bas**rds.....
im on lots of lists for spare parts for my car so if anything suspicious comes my way will be on their case! cant sympathise enough as i know how i'd feel. mine is getting sniffed at all the time here dont know how many times ive come back and theres marks on it where the dew is missing around the door handles on a cold morning..... etc etc

i hope it hasnt been ragged around and then broken
it doesnt seem the car to nick in terms of a resale value or breaking for parts as there are so many other cars out there that would be worth more in money terms, and yours is fully stripped, it doesnt make much sense (no offence). wouldnt surprise me if someone has taken it for the engine or to make a track car.... (just my thoughts)

also got me thinking if they could of found it via youtube or such websites as i've noticed you have lots of videos.

its a hard thing to deal with but im sure they will have their comeuppance whoever has done this.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
harsh dude! if i hear anything i will be letting ya know! dirty bas**rds.....
im on lots of lists for spare parts for my car so if anything suspicious comes my way will be on their case! cant sympathise enough as i know how i'd feel. mine is getting sniffed at all the time here dont know how many times ive come back and theres marks on it where the dew is missing around the door handles on a cold morning..... etc etc

i hope it hasnt been ragged around and then broken
it doesnt seem the car to nick in terms of a resale value or breaking for parts as there are so many other cars out there that would be worth more in money terms, and yours is fully stripped, it doesnt make much sense (no offence). wouldnt surprise me if someone has taken it for the engine or to make a track car.... (just my thoughts)

also got me thinking if they could of found it via youtube or such websites as i've noticed you have lots of videos.

its a hard thing to deal with but im sure they will have their comeuppance whoever has done this.

This is why I say it was nicked for a specific reason. On thinking more about this, I am of the opinion it was the shell they were after. They may well have, or know someone who has one the same colour but is in a bad bodily state. The fact Marks is fully stripped could have made it alot easier for them, therefore being their ideal target. Of course I could be wrong, but it does not make sense to nick a stripped one when there are fully equipped ones about.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear your car's been nicked. Can't imagine how I'd feel if it were me, I've got my fingers crossed it'll turn up soon, undamaged.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
W**kers . So gutted for you Mark :(

Hope its recovered unharmed, as i know it would be very difficult to replace even with another cup.

I just hope they get what they deserve, scum.

172 cup TT
fcuk sake, another lovely cup potentially gone for ever... hope you catch the scum.. sorry to hear this..

'92 172, Lotus Elise
just seen this on another forum!

gutted for you Mark, it's unbelievable! :(

I'll keep a look out round here, but who knows where it could've gone :(

RS 172
I'll keep an eye out this way just incase. Feel so s**t for you. I've had fully preped mx bikes stollen before, I know its not on the same level as a car but its heart wrenching.

Hope you get it back, seen some of your videos and it looked like a lovely machine.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
Gotta agree that they took the car cos it's what they were after.. it's all to common ppl get in the house specifically for the keys, they may grab a bit of cash layin around but nothin major

i expect u been told but make sure u change the locks on the house (assuming ur house key was with ur car key)

let us no if there's any news.. hopefully good

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Sorry to hear that lad, Had my house broken into and car keys stolen a few years back but luckily they could not get into the garage it was in. Reading this makes me evil :mad: .

Mk3 SX
Mate that is a real shame. I caught a couple of w@ankers breaking into my nexr door naighbours car a few years ago, i ran out there ready to crack some skulls but they ran off. Can't stand car thieves, i think if i caught one of them i'd probably be in jail by now. Tossers!!!!

Iceberg 172
Utter b@stards! Absolutely gutted for you. Hope you get it back somehow but it's a horrible feeling that people have just forced their way in to your home to take your things.

This very nearly happened to us just before Xmas. Wife woke at 5am hearing a bang at the back (kitchen) door. Half asleep, she put the light on and went down thinking it was the cat or one of the kids. All quiet, so [stupidly] she opened the back door, saw nothing and shut it again, only to hear running footsteps. Looked out the front window to see 3 blokes pegging it away up the street. So then she came to wake me up.....! Thank god they froze and hid instead of confronting her.

They were trying to pull the backdoor lock out with some grips and I'm convinced they were after the 172 keys. All keys are now locked away at night. Think we were very lucky that my wife's a light sleeper tbh.

Fvcking scum of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.