ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
jesus that does seem expensive compaired to what ive been reading online but most of the ones ive been reading into are just straight 3-5yr finance where you own the car at the end

RB182cup&golf gti
I've not got the exact figures yet it won't be that much and I think the balloon payment is less. I got just over 1k off the basic price, added a couple of options plus you've got stuff like arrangement fee and interest which is 4.9% APR as opposed to the HP which was over 7% so it was the cheaper option. There's also the 250 contribution from Ford.
Will confirm once I have the info in the next couple of weeks.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
#Fiesta #ST orders are double what we expected, and 1 in 3 are placed in the UK. As a result, we're increasing production! Ordered yours?

RB182cup&golf gti
Just checked my order form. Total price (excluding interest) = 17.6k for ST2 in met blue with sat nav. Also chucked in is style pack, mats and diamondbrite paint protection. I dare say you can do a lot better but I'm happy with that price given the APR.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just read that at lunch Mark. They make such a sensible and good case for the ST.

Fiesta ST
I'm tempted by the mountune kit but with me only having the car 2 years I'm not sure it's worth it.

if I was keeping it longer I would have booked it in by now !!

If I had one I'd be 100% going for the Mountune kit. There's literally no reason not to get it. It's not even expensive.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We plan to go and discuss some figures on Sunday with the possibility of putting a deposit down on one of these.

Emma has a few tests to do first though. She's going on Friday (When I'm at work) to test that we can fit the pram in the boot and the wee man and his car seat in the back. If it fails these tests then its a no no, however if it passes and the numbers are favourable/acceptable I can foresee us ordering one.

​I really hope it passes the tests lol.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
We plan to go and discuss some figures on Sunday with the possibility of putting a deposit down on one of these.

Emma has a few tests to do first though. She's going on Friday (When I'm at work) to test that we can fit the pram in the boot and the wee man and his car seat in the back. If it fails these tests then its a no no, however if it passes and the numbers are favourable/acceptable I can foresee us ordering one.

​I really hope it passes the tests lol.

I sat in the back of one comfortably and I'm 6'2 so u won't have a problem with the wee man. The boot is also plenty big for a pram, much bigger than the clio boot

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Saw my 3rd possibly 4th ST today, it was Orange like yours. Looked epic! best colour I have seen so far.

A woman at work has a white one, that looks good but not as good as the orange.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I bet Renault are sitting there thinking 'what the f**k have we done? Ford are selling their ST at 50 to our RS Clio's 1'. And there's one guy sitting there with a smug look on his face thinking 'I told you to make it 3 doors with a manual box'.

When finances dictate a bit more I'll be popping down to Ford methinks.

RB182cup&golf gti
My plan was to get a Golf GTI 7, but I asked myself do I really want to spend £10k more when I can have just as much fun in the ford which will also be cheaper to run. The Clio is just too expensive for a Clio IMO and the slow box is the big gripe.

I bet Renault are sitting there thinking 'what the f**k have we done? Ford are selling their ST at 50 to our RS Clio's 1'. And there's one guy sitting there with a smug look on his face thinking 'I told you to make it 3 doors with a manual box'.

When finances dictate a bit more I'll be popping down to Ford methinks.

My thoughts exactly.

Suzuki Jimny
That will either mean that Renault come out with an updated clio 200EDC and it's really good, or they'll just ignore how well the ford is selling and continue to be a bunch of knobs.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
That will either mean that Renault come out with an updated clio 200EDC and it's really good, or they'll just ignore how well the ford is selling and continue to be a bunch of knobs.

Not that anyone will buy one anyway because they're not allowed to test drive it.

Evo 5 RS
Very nice. Never been a fan of Fords recent interior styling though. Always very tacky / plastic looking. Still, awesome little cars. Remap required.

Homo spec mazda
Had a drive today, now baring in mind I'm a Jdm fanboy and I love my rwd I wasn't expecting to be converted quite so much!!!

I drove a molten orange st1 and loved it I don't think il be buying orange and have instead decided il order spirit blue just waiting on a call to see if il be accepted for finance. Expected end of September.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL - that's about 10 people across the forums I frequent that have test driven one and then gone on to order in the last week...and that's versus NO new Clios ordered.

I guess people are starting to see the point I've been trying to get across all along...and that is simply that they just feel RIGHT. Exactly as you would want it to feel.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
LOL - that's about 10 people across the forums I frequent that have test driven one and then gone on to order in the last week...and that's versus NO new Clios ordered. I guess people are starting to see the point I've been trying to get across all along...and that is simply that they just feel RIGHT. Exactly as you would want it to feel.

Make that 11. Ordered ours tonight after test driving.

The demo was the same colour as your's Mark. Looks bloody awesome in the flesh. I went for blue though lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Might try and get a test drive of one at the weekend see what all the hype is about.

Evans Hallshaw on Cumbernauld road in Glasgow have a demo to have a play with.

Ask for Ross if you go. He encourages you to go for it/give it the beans on the test drive.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
For those that are interested ive been snooping over on fieststoc and this was announced by a forum memeber who is a Ford salesman: hooray i deffo want one now! I need cruise in my life!

"Hi guys,

I've received some news today that will excite people who are looking at trading their Fiesta ST's in after 9 months & in the future, along with other people who are looking at ordering a Fiesta ST in the not to distant future...

As from next months wholesale build. Ford are introducing an exciting option that will help fill some requests in the 'I wish my car had this/that & the other gadget)

You can probably guess what's coming next.... Yes that's right, as from September 2013 Ford are adding the Convenience Pack on both the Fiesta ST1 & ST2.

What this consists of:
Powerfold Mirrors
Rear Sensors
Auto Lights
Auto Wipers
Cruise Control
Keyless Entry (to be confirmed, not 100% on this yet)

At the moment I haven't got any pricing information, but once I know, you'll also be the first to know.

For people who already have Fiesta ST's on order it's too late to add this to your vehicle, however people looking to order cars that require a factory build, so long as the car is physically built from September onwards, you will have the option to add a Convenience Pack.

What are your thoughts on how quick Ford has added these much requested features? For me I don't care too much for anything but the Auto Lights / Wipers. Seeing as the Focus ST2 has these as standard and it's not even the top model. The Fiesta ST2 I thought should of had it standard, but the fact Ford are now allowing us to add this to future cars shows they are listening and acting quick
).gif
"

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Not sure what to do tbh. I could easily cancel the current car and re-order later when this becomes available. Though I'm not entirely sure I want all that stuff. The only thing I can see of real benefit is the folding mirrors.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Not sure what to do tbh. I could easily cancel the current car and re-order later when this becomes available. Though I'm not entirely sure I want all that stuff. The only thing I can see of real benefit is the folding mirrors.

Bet their might be a few cancelled orders and pissed off early adopters!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Think I'll ring my dealer tomorrow and quiz him about when my car is getting built.

Ibiza FR Edition
Cruise control makes this even more appealing than it already is!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mondeo TDCI 130
There is a blue one at my local dealer.....looks great!

I would love a go, but then I will want one.

Of all the cars Ive had over the years, I must have used cruise control a handful of times (mainly on the quiet Scottish roads)

I wouldn't miss it if I don't have it, our roads are way too busy to use it safely most of the time anyway.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Of all the cars Ive had over the years, I must have used cruise control a handful of times (mainly on the quiet Scottish roads) I wouldn't miss it if I don't have it, our roads are way too busy to use it safely most of the time anyway.

I agree.

I called my dealer this morning and as expected he knew nowt about this "convenience pack". He's getting back to me at some point today.

My car has a build date of 28th August so looks like October delivery for me.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
It's an internal memo they would have been sent. Yeah cruise isn't for everyone however I do a fair amount of motorway miles and I love it!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For anyone interested I can report that the ST's on track capabilities are at least as good as the 200.

2 sessions done so far at Goodwood today and it's doing everything well, brakes have held up here like my 200's Brembos never did.

Videos to follow and I can run some back to back comparisons with my 200...my money's firmly on the ST

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Good to hear Mark. Being honest, the brakes were my biggest work for taking the ST on track though I dont know how had Goodwood is on brakes? I know Knockhill has one very big stop where they get punished quite hard.