ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I saw one of these today in like a yellow colour??? Even the girlfriend commented how awful the colour was, no relevance on this thread I know.

RB182cup&golf gti
Booked for a test drive this Saturday. Had a sit in one at my local ford dealer this week I really fancy one in blue with the mountune upgrade. I asked what discount they could do and he said nothing??!!!

What car reckon a grand off list so they will.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Booked for a test drive this Saturday. Had a sit in one at my local ford dealer this week I really fancy one in blue with the mountune upgrade. I asked what discount they could do and he said nothing??!!!

Problem is, at launch they were giving fairly healthy discounts to get them out on the road and seen. Now they can't build them quick enough for buyers, they know they can charge 'full' price.

E92 325D
Apparently Ford have realised people walk straight in and ask "whats the best you can do?" so they've dropped the prices.

I looked at a new ST-2 Focus last weekend and before i said anything there was a £2000 contribution from Ford, and another £1900 off from the dealer.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Saw my first ST on the autobahn yesterday for a fraction of a second, was molton orange? Looked good!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They should be careful using that image ^^^ to entice Fiesta ST buyers...4-pot calipers?!

I managed to just over £2,000 off in total compared to the full list price of everything I walked out with.

My mate order one six weeks ago and considered himself lucky to get £500.

They've closed ranks and discounts will be hard to come by...especially if demand is so high they've had to up their factory output to meet demand.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Someones quick comment on Pistonheads who has the Mountune Kit.

"The upgrade was well worth the money, much more low end grunt. It feels far more torquey than before. I spent my afternoon on various country b-roads in Suffolk and the more I drive the car the more I like it. As it stands now I think the performance is ample, although a chap I was chatting to at Mountune said they will be releasing a stage 2 in the future, so I might be visiting them again!"

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, there's a couple on fiestastoc and early reports are good. One had a dyno run done before and it produced 204bhp...so he's booked to have another in a week or two to see how it compares.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
  RB182cup&golf gti
Will see what I can negotiate off one of these tomorrow. I'll go armed with my latest whatcar mag and still prob be told to p.. off :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Go to the dealer with the drive the deal or other alternative.

I did similar, made the salesman realise he could deal with me at the lower price and get some margin/commission out of me, or, he could let me walk and give it all to an internet retailer instead.

Took a bit of time but got there in the end.

RB182cup&golf gti
Go to the dealer with the drive the deal or other alternative.

I did similar, made the salesman realise he could deal with me at the lower price and get some margin/commission out of me, or, he could let me walk and give it all to an internet retailer instead.

Took a bit of time but got there in the end.

Just returned home from Ford. Nearly talked myself out of going over night as in the last 2 yrs I've nearly bought so many different cars and changed my mind last min. Took my magazine in (did look on drive the deal) and said I want to pay this price and at first the salesman said no due the demand. He eventually agreed. Have gone for an ST 2 in blue with sat nav on a PCP. Hopefully getting mid September which suits fine. They chucked in the style pack, mats and paint and interior protection. I did ask for mats but wasn't overly bothered about the other two options so quite surprised they did that.
Never thought I'd PCP but the APR is 4.9%, so it was the cheapest option and I'm not p/xing or putting a large deposit down which also suits.
They had a demo car in what I think was the colour as yours Mark - looked red but sparkling orange in the sun. Was a close call between that and the blue.
Was really impressed with salesman and Ford.
I've pampered my 182 cup from new and its only just hit 20k miles. This one is going to be used and abused as it should be :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb mate. Your 182 is on 20k?

Oh what are the monthly figures/final payment etc on the ST. Sounds like my kind of spec.

RB182cup&golf gti
Cheers. Quite excited (sad, I know!)

I put 1k down. Not got the finance agreement yet as need both parts of my driving licence, which I didn't have on me, and the car chassis number. It was about £390 a month with a £500 deposit so it will be marginally less having put 1k down. Initially intended to put a lot more down but nothing to be gained as the interest was fixed. Got the option to purchase in two years for 9.5k from memory so will hopefully do that. If I went down the HP route it would have been dearer on interest so went for the cheapest option for me. Will confirm figures when I get the paperwork.

Yep 182 is mint on 20k which is why this one is going to be driven!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Cheers. Quite excited (sad, I know!)

I put 1k down. Not got the finance agreement yet as need both parts of my driving licence, which I didn't have on me, and the car chassis number. It was about £390 a month with a £500 deposit so it will be marginally less having put 1k down. Initially intended to put a lot more down but nothing to be gained as the interest was fixed. Got the option to purchase in two years for 9.5k from memory so will hopefully do that. If I went down the HP route it would have been dearer on interest so went for the cheapest option for me. Will confirm figures when I get the paperwork.

Yep 182 is mint on 20k which is why this one is going to be driven!

Blimey That's v. Low mileage, wouldn't be suprised if RUK would want to buy that back! Does it have recaro's?

Oh and congrats on your new purchase

RB182cup&golf gti
Blimey That's v. Low mileage, wouldn't be suprised if RUK would want to buy that back! Does it have recaro's?

No it's everyone's favourite, the 182 cup with the crap chairs LOL. RB inc stripes though. Standard and still on original tyres (which are not perished!) apart from the recent addition of an rs192 catback. It's a pain being so mint as I hate parking it anywhere and it has been garaged from new so still showroom condition more or less. That's why the fiesta is going to be used and parked wherever and I'm even going to insure the wife on it. Prob change my mind when I get it!!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
No it's everyone's favourite, the 182 cup with the crap chairs LOL. RB inc stripes though. Standard and still on original tyres (which are not perished!) apart from the recent addition of an rs192 catback. It's a pain being so mint as I hate parking it anywhere and it has been garaged from new so still showroom condition more or less. That's why the fiesta is going to be used and parked wherever and I'm even going to insure the wife on it. Prob change my mind when I get it!!

Wow unusual car to keep in that condition but fair play! Are you selling it when the ST arrives?

RB182cup&golf gti
Wow unusual car to keep in that condition but fair play! Are you selling it when the ST arrives?

Nope it's staying! Contemplated selling it but I know later down the line I'd regret. Anyhow, best of the 182's bar the trophy (IMO of course)

Back on topic, that molten orange colour looked awesome in the sun. Was a tough call between that and the blue

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Yep but you made the right choice! ;) I'm very tempted by one myself. Popped into my local dealership (where incidentally I used to work) and my usual salesman was on leave. To say the rest of them was an utter waste of my oxygen was untrue. They couldn't even find the keys to the demo. Needless to say I left sharpies, and will return when matey comes back.

RB182cup&golf gti
I do like the spirit blue. I was pleasantly surprised at the dealer and salesman. Not my normal experience of being fobbed and ripped off.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
How much is it totalling roughly??

roughly at a guess

1000 deposit + 370/month for 24months. = £9880

To buy the car is the Garanteed future value + fees. So 100-200 + 9500. so total cost to own and buy = £19380 - any equity.

the car most likely will be worth more than 9.5k after two years (probably not much more considering new would be 15-16k). At a guess probably 1-2k equity.

So total cost to own over two years. would be 9880 - 2000 = 7880 (+ servicing).

Does seem very expensive to me tho.. perhaps ive got my maths wrong.