ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
For anyone interested I can report that the ST's on track capabilities are at least as good as the 200.

2 sessions done so far at Goodwood today and it's doing everything well, brakes have held up here like my 200's Brembos never did.

Videos to follow and I can run some back to back comparisons with my 200...my money's firmly on the ST

This is what I've been waiting to hear mark. Look forward to the vids. Are you on standard wheels and tyres too. Going to start looking into brake pads for these soon, sure their just from another model!

if true that pack would solve my problems i'm really finding it hard not to want one it does also sound like ford are listening to consumers

their were suggestions about a 5DR model as well

320d
The convenience pack sounds great. Lack of cruise would put me off a lot of cars. I've become very used to it, though for the right car I could do without it.

Interesting comments regarding the brakes. I thought the brakes on the 200 were awesome?

RB182cup&golf gti
If it was an option I'd have gone for it but for the auto wipers and lights. I never use cruise in my car tho so not bothered bout that

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
:D Was going round very well

9478601325_6fefc743df_z.jpg

9478595537_3b3abc9253_z.jpg

9478588883_7de0dfebfb_z.jpg

9478580887_1d88a4518f_z.jpg

9478572721_384e2d6e55_z.jpg

9481356456_08d1c0be69_z.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for putting those up Christopher.

Looking at my wheels this morning my tyres have worn a little (measurements to follow) but after a full day of pounding around, there's barely any brake dust on on the front wheels. I measured pad thickness beforehand so will see where they're at now, but I suspect there's barely any wear at all. Remarkable performance! By comparison my 200's wheels were black after a day there.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I do take my hat off to you for taking your new motor on track within a few weeks :)

225 Cup & Williams
Went into my local ford dealer today and the deal they offered me was mighty tempting I have to admit. Just not a lover of fords though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Went into my local ford dealer today and the deal they offered me was mighty tempting I have to admit. Just not a lover of fords though.

Which one did you go to? When I asked Ross (The salesman I ordered with) @ EH on Cumbernauld road what the EATC option was he said it was something to do with the traction control. So therefore I didnt spec that option as it didnt warrant spec'ing I thought. After finding out this morning it means climate control I called to have it added to my order.

Spouted some nonsense about the car being super delayed as a result and that as a result of the delay could potentially give me less for my trade in. I've to phone tomorrow and ask how he got on with finding out just how delayed it'll be. Can see me cancelling the order and going elsewhere to order (If he tries it on).

225 Cup & Williams
Which one did you go to? When I asked Ross (The salesman I ordered with) @ EH on Cumbernauld road what the EATC option was he said it was something to do with the traction control. So therefore I didnt spec that option as it didnt warrant spec'ing I thought. After finding out this morning it means climate control I called to have it added to my order.

Spouted some nonsense about the car being super delayed as a result and that as a result of the delay could potentially give me less for my trade in. I've to phone tomorrow and ask how he got on with finding out just how delayed it'll be. Can see me cancelling the order and going elsewhere to order (If he tries it on).

Just went to peoples in sighthill. Couldn't be arsed driving thought to Cumbernauld.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Looks great, I still want a go in one. I never really noticed the seats before... not keen.

Tbh they are better than the 200 Recaros. A lot more supportive and hold you in a lot better.

​Also half leather and heated so win win.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just went to peoples in sighthill. Couldn't be arsed driving thought to Cumbernauld.

Peoples? Peoples Falkirk is also worth a shout. I could get you a discount of sorts although they're offering good deals already.

225 Cup & Williams
Peoples? Peoples Falkirk is also worth a shout. I could get you a discount of sorts although they're offering good deals already.

Not looking to buy one I was just after a test drive to see what all the fuss was about. But their Pcp deal was pretty good on an ST2.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to hear all went well on track :)

What tyres and pads were you running?

They reviewed the Mountune kit in the latest Top Gear mag and loved it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to hear all went well on track :)

What tyres and pads were you running?

They reviewed the Mountune kit in the latest Top Gear mag and loved it.

It's as it left the factory, so standard pads (that didn't suffer the slightest hint of fade all day long) and Bridgestone RE050 tyres.

​Mountune will feature for me at some point, but right now, I'm enjoying it exactly as it is.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mark do me a favour. Always hear good things about these tyres but... the same thing crops up. Poor performance when tread gets to about 3/4mm.

Keep an eye on them for me as I always fancied them.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Finally sorted my car out Mark. Will be joining the ST fold sooner than I'd originally been told.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Will do Gally. Performed well on Saturday, wore through 1.5mm on the fronts...they're now at 5.5 and all's good so far.

Nice one N0ddie, saw your post on stoc, great result. At least the nav was free...sod paying £400 for it!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I tell anyone that gets a new car to get it properly protected once straight after purchase. It seems madness not too imo.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, you went there. Same level of protection you get from a £15 tub of wax.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Options

• The award winning Active City Stop feature is being made available as a standalone option for

only £200. This feature was previously only available as part of the Driver Assistance Pack

which is now discontinued.

• The following options are being made available on Fiesta ST2:

o Cruise Control for £150

o ST Convenience Pack (Keyless Entry and Power Fold Door Mirrors) for £300

o Automatic Headlights, Window Wipers & Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror for £150

• Due to low customer demand the large rear spoiler option will be deleted as an option across

Fiesta. The spoiler continues be available as part of the full dress up kit.

• The price of the Front & rear parking sensor option on Zetec models has increased by £25