ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So, with almost 6k miles now on the clock time for a little update...and there's, ummmm, no news at all really.

Economy is far easier to come by running V-Power Nitro through it as opposed to Tesco Momentum...and from what I've seen so far, the MPG gain far outweighs the cost increase so I'll be sticking with it from now on.

Found another niggle now that I've been doing some night driving...and that's that the indicators on the heating controls...the marks that show you what fan speed/temperature/air-direction you've selected, don't illuminate at night like the rest of the dial.

So you can see the options, but have no idea at all what's selected unless you turn on the interior light. Clever Ford, very clever.

Still love driving it. Still get the urge to go out and drive it just for the hell of it. Still find it quite absurd that if I want to, I can spend a few days commuting in it and see close to 60mpg.

Slide1_zpsb997f832.jpg

Slide2_zpsbd732088.jpg

Slide3_zpsa504134a.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
After driving one today I can safely say it'll go down as an all time great hot hatch.

It's the Mpg aswell, it opens up the possibility of anyone buying one. A stunningly good car and a set of seats to rival the best fitted to any car.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've had almost 6,000 miles of knowing EXACTLY what you mean.

They just feel 'right' don't they? A ball of energy always raring to go flying up the road and tear around corners but happily trundling along at sedate speeds.

Took my old man out in it for the first time yesterday (old as in walking stick old). I said nothing until we got back to his then asked him if he found it too firm.

'Found what too firm?' he asked.

Sporty and firm, but not jarring or crashy. It's like all the hard/sharp edges of the road have been polished away.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I have a friend thats had an ST for a month or so now. He said he's struggling to 'bond' with it. Still feels like just a car to him. Have you experienced this at all?

I have on a previous car, sold within a month and a half! Horrid feeling.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would say my love of Ford's help me love it even more. I find it hard to give opinions on Fords these days as I think they make amazing cars (not all) but this little thing is very special.

Definitely well damped Mark, you can't quite have it all ways without some give. It still has to be a hot hatch. Personally i'd commute in it or as a company car no problem. Lowish revs no radio, you can't even hear anything. Hot hatches aren't ear ringers like they used to be.

Can anyone confirm if cruise was an option at all?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You couldn't spec it on the pre-facelift ZS, only on the titanium. Mental idea imo. Not needed by everyone but a good option these days.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can it be retro-fitted to the older ones?

Half the reason i got rid of the last MCS was the lack of cruise lol, so pauper without it.

We did enquire but it didn't look like it could.. or you wouldn't want to try!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The seats "bed in" ;)

mark what are you using for those spreadsheets? Excel?

I use Fuel Log (Android app) to gather the fuel data and everything else I log into the Excel sheets. Within the worksheet I have all the graphs on one tab that update automatically each time data is added, then I stick the individual graphs into PowerPoint so I can print each 'slide' as a jpeg and then upload to PhotoBucket.

Sound like a ball ache but as I've built it up over a couple of years it takes me 10 minutes tops each time I decide I want to update everything.

PM me your email address and I'll email it to you if you'd like.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have my own app on iOS called car manager. I was hoping you had the same lol.

the app is great on the phone but I haven't tried to extract it to excel or anything to get the graphs that are on the phone elsewhere.

might try and get it onto a pc and see what it comes up like. #geek lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ah right, never noticed it! As gally says, gloss black would look good.

Anything other than original blue and white ford badges look utterly w**k TBH.

Not a 320d
Ford garage in Guildford didn't have one in when I went to have a skeg.

They had the Focus.

Saw a fiesta st in that blue colour the other day and it looked great.

And so cheap too!

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
The finned diffuser works well on the old ST not on that one !

Has anyone made/painted the intercooler black yet ? Thats the only thing i was unsure about when watching yours at Goodwood Mark.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting little video illustrating specifically how the sound symposer works.

Compared to what they did on the Focus ST, it sounds like they turned it up to 11 for the Fiesta...

[video=youtube_share;CquuP5ofrYw]http://youtu.be/CquuP5ofrYw[/video]

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
A lad at the gym has one of these with that diffuser, an Focus RS Style wing and Green rims. Looks like a Ken Block thing lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Totally agree with the above, that doesn't bode well given that the cheapest one i could see 2 weeks ago was still a sky diver under 16k :-/

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. It's a terrible shame for all the hot hatch fans that rule it out on this basis as it's the best successor to the previous gen Clio 200 there is. Easily as good as...and actually way better in my opinion having owned both.

The pricing though means most are owned by 17 year olds intent on destroying them with pathetic coloured badge overlays etc.

If you can see past all that and/or don't give a f*** what anyone else thinks they are a bargain, and a true loss to anyone that disregards them.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed also. Im 20 and im getting one. I dont see myself as a chav though. What i dont really see is them becoming that bad of a chav magnet, not atleast in the next 2 years anyway. Until prices come down.

17 year olds with 16k and the dollar to insure it. Find that hard to believe

Speaking of which, how much do you think this car is going to be worth in 3 years when i hand it back to ford?