ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's nothing but a pure show of scale of economies.

They can only get to a low build cost because they know they can sell then end product and not only that, sell it as a premium device.

Go ask the "other" tablet manufacturers who'd have trouble making an etch-a-sketch for less than the retail price of a iPad. They don't have the same confidence in what they're selling, therefore they're buy much lower quantities of raw materials and paying a much higher price.

It also helps when you can build factories for your suppliers in return for a period of exclusivity and even lower prices.

Masters of the supply chain.

Took all of 30 minutes to get bored on my 4S, its like my 3GS but a bit sharper and you can talk to it. Need some apps to show it off, might download real racing 2.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Current order situations for iPhone 4S!?

Finally ready to order my 4S as my insurance has come through... if I order online what are the current waiting times? I've heard 2 weeks, has it improved at all? I could maybe pick it up from an Apple store, can I simply reserve and pick it up straight away or again is there stock issues, thanks :D

AK

M240i
Really?!

I found the answer to most of your post online.

Big hint, the website starts store.apple.com.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Re: Current order situations for iPhone 4S!?

Okay, thanks for the sarcasm. Was asking for people's personal experience really. Anyway looks like every single model is out of stock... guess I've waited 7 weeks already what's another couple :dapprove:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
1 day 9 hours standby and near as makes no diffrence 8 hours usage on my last charge.

so things are improving, im happy with my battery life now :)

Megane GT

Okay, thanks for the sarcasm. Was asking for people's personal experience really. Anyway looks like every single model is out of stock... guess I've waited 7 weeks already what's another couple :dapprove:

Had the same problem, all the stores appear to be out of stock all the time. Might just go into one and ask if I can reserve one for when they come in. On the website it said 1-2 weeks for dispatch if you bought online.

Finally ready to order my 4S as my insurance has come through... if I order online what are the current waiting times? I've heard 2 weeks, has it improved at all? I could maybe pick it up from an Apple store, can I simply reserve and pick it up straight away or again is there stock issues, thanks :D

I ordered mine through o2 Online but as an upgrade customer, it said out of stock but it arrived in under a week.

I walked into a Vodafone shop on Monday last week and picked mine up straight away :rasp:. Only one in the North West of England at the time apparently.

Battery life seems to be poor compared to my 4 though.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Not sure if it has been mentioned before.

at home my signal is not very good, 2-1 bar signal most of the time. Twice my phone has decided to lose connection to the 3G signal and constantly search for a network even if you are somewhere where you normally get full signal. I have to reset my network settings to get it back, which is annoying, as my phone automatically connects to about 15 wi-fi points at work/mates houses/pubs, and loses these when I reset.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Quick question which may have been covered already... Speakers on the 4S.. Should the sound come out of both the gauzed openings on the bottom as I'm only getting sound out of the right side one.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Would make sense but just wanted to check as I only noticed it t'other day.

320d M Sport
How's everyone getting on with Siri now you've had your phones for a while? Using it much? Less, more than you thought?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Use Siri for weather, alarms, reminders and the occasional google search.

I probably know what the response will be here, but recently I've had an off and on "no sim card" and not being able to use the compass issue. So the maps won't show which direction I'm heading in etc. Anyone else had this fault?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No, the sim thing would make me go genius.

The compass is rubbish on any device.

Citroen DS3 White
Accidentally found myself on the o2 website. Bought a 4S, black 16gb, poverty spec I know but my 32gb 3GS has 20gb of music, the majority of which i dont listen to anyways.
Happy early Christmas to me!

Bus w**ker
I'm going to get a job working at The Fail, it's a piss easy job. Read some gossip, embellish it a bit and make it out to be a fact, publish. Job done.

Bus w**ker
Eh? They aren't out of stock they just have the usual 1-2 weeks wait for delivery. Just order it online and you'll get it before the month is out or wander in to one of the high street stores and take out a new contract, you'll walk out with one.

Audi A3
quick question, ive just bought a 4s for my missus. am i right in thinking she will need a smaller sim card than the one shes currently got in her non iphone?

Audi A3
cheers AK i thought as much. any ideas if i get her a new sim card on pay as you go wether she can swap the number from her old PAYG card to her new one?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Eh? They aren't out of stock they just have the usual 1-2 weeks wait for delivery. Just order it online and you'll get it before the month is out or wander in to one of the high street stores and take out a new contract, you'll walk out with one.

Yes I ordered and it was 1-2 weeks, got it dead on 1 week from order date though :)

Revels Mum & Sister
Or just buy one of the Sim card cutters from Ebay for a few quid. Did that with the other halfs full size Voda sim card

RS6 C7
I went to buy one yesterday but the 16gb & 32gb were sold out, I'm not paying £700 for the 64gb :( , Hopefully back in stock soon.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I've now got one, on Vodafone. Early present from the wife!! It's a great phone but Siri isn't as good as id hoped. :(

^srs?!

I use it quite a lot to set reminders etc. Works really well and saves typing it out and entering the date/time.

Called a few people and texted too with it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I use it all the time too. Especially "set timer" and "how many grams in.." when im cooking.