ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
apple-iphone-event.jpg

So, the news..
  • iOS 5 Launched on the 12th of October to mortals, along with iCloud.
  • Cards app announced for iOS
  • Find my Friends app announced for iOS
  • Updates to iPod line, shuffle has revised OS and is now cheaper. iPod Touch now comes in white and is cheaper.
  • iPod classic no longer on sale
  • iPhone 4S announced October 14th Launch date (next friday) Preording this Friday (7th)
iPhone 4S changes over 4;
  • A5 Chip x7 faster (graphics) than iPhone 4 2x fast in normal use.
  • 8 Mega pixel camera, with new interface and new features like face detection
  • 1080p video recording and playback
  • Airplay mirroring
  • improved battery life
  • improved antennas (lol)
  • HSDPA speed increased to 14.4mbps max
  • CDMA and GSM in one phone
  • Voice control improvements in the form of Siri Assistant (Massive understatement)
iphone-4s-numbers-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: iPhone Event - 4/10/2011 - Read post #1 before asking questions

Anyone that says iP 3, 4, 5 and 6 will be banned.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I'll reopen this at 5:45pm.

Reopened.

Last edited:
  vauxhall corsa vxr

Apples online store is now closed, let the show begin

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I'll be honest I've been excited about this since last Tuesday and looked forward to it all weekend and today.

If all they come out with is a f**king 4S or something i'll be so disappointed in them, they really need to bring out something big now imo, the new samsung (galaxy 2s is it?) is a really nice phone and is faster than an iphone in alot of ways (did some back to back tests with my mate, was gutted when he pwned me)

I'll be honest I've been excited about this since last Tuesday and looked forward to it all weekend and today.

If all they come out with is a f**king 4S or something i'll be so disappointed in them, they really need to bring out something big now imo, the new samsung (galaxy 2s is it?) is a really nice phone and is faster than an iphone in alot of ways (did some back to back tests with my mate, was gutted when he pwned me)
Me too!

I think i'm gonna break the refresh button lol.

A different case doesn't really make much difference. The 3GS was a lot lot faster than the 3G. If the rumours are correct, this 4S is going to be s**t hot.

I'd like a re-design as much as anyone but speed is the important thing.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

A different case doesn't really make much difference. The 3GS was a lot lot faster than the 3G. If the rumours are correct, this 4S is going to be s**t hot.

I'd like a re-design as much as anyone but speed is the important thing.

I mean some sort of amazing feature, I don't know what I have no ideas but I think thats what they need to make people think wow instead of "oh, its a bit faster and has a slightly faster camera" like they did about the 3GS

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Nowhere at all to watch it live?

Crazy watching updates and not hearing it. Bit of a shame they decided to stop their own streaming. :(

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Keh?

When have they ever live-streamed? Iphone 3GS and 4 both didn't have live streams, just the text streams etc and then they normally upload a video a few hours afterwards.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

omgwtfbbq, I watched that s**t on engadget etc, how did i not know about the live stream?!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUU apple.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ok, kerb the chatter.

A silver one

Keh?

When have they ever live-streamed? Iphone 3GS and 4 both didn't have live streams, just the text streams etc and then they normally upload a video a few hours afterwards.

iPod and 'Back to Mac' events have been streamed live before.

2014 Focus Titanium

Those figures look great but he's comparing Apples (excuse the pun) with oranges.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Lulz at the Mac pwning the PC. :eek:

Think about it properly, the vast majority of people already own a PC, so of course in terms of growth its not going to be huge because its not got as much room to grow as its already huge.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Still, a lot of people have taken th leap to Mac. I know my next Laptop will be Mac, my first.

How many others have done the same? Big numbers.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I'm not arsed, won't be upgrading till next summer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

iphone5apple2011liveblogkeynote1209.jpg