ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Problem i have found with current account insurance is that it only covers uo to 300

True, had a glance at Lloyds and the iPhone has £100 excess, just not sure £225 on insurance over 18 months is value for money having never claimed but sods law something will happen if I don't get cover.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As long as you don't lose it/have it stolen, I don't think cover is worth it on an iphone.

If you break it, 140 gets you a new handset from apple, by the time you've paid a monthly premium and then the excess it's not worth it.

Clio 172 cup
Insurance is the biggest waste of money ever for a iphone, unless your stupid, clumsy or gay

Otterbox defender case .... So it never gets smashed
Find my iphone app.......... So it never gets lost

Done

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Lolz.
Has anyone tried the new iOS beta? I'm tempted but have read reports of worse battery life?

Just hit a record with my battery today.

d4bd6024.gif

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine seems to be getting worse :(

Fully charged phone, used for 23 mins using 3G to search on here and Facebook and I'm down to 95% this can't be right surely?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's down to 90% after 40 mins usage so that only gives me 6 hours usage... I'd be happy with 9 hours!

BG 182 (full fat)
If you want to change the Siri voice to female go to settings general Siri n change the language to English united states

Weeman sucks ****
Mine lost 8% through the night in airplane mode last night until my alarm went off this morning. My old 3gs would have lost 1%, i hope it's not a hardware fault.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Mine lost 8% through the night in airplane mode last night until my alarm went off this morning. My old 3gs would have lost 1%, i hope it's not a hardware fault.

My wife's 3GS battery life is far better than mine on my 4. Our phones do the same on a night time but for some reason mine loses more power than hers.

Weeman sucks ****
Yeah fair play. But mine is technically losing 1% per hour, that's 100 hours standby and that's on airplane mode. Not the 200 hours standby stated on the spec.

Impreza Wagon
Only had mine 3 days and it's sooo much quicker than the 3Gs! Finally having a flash on the camera is good too.

I use a dock at home so my phone is always 100% charged if I leave the house. I've not noticed a massive difference in battery life between the 4s and 3Gs either.

All in all a worthwhile upgrade :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Im loving this wifi update. Sat in work and updated in 4 mins. My batteries always been good though, well, compared to my 3GS. Sods law it'll be shocking now..haha

Clio 172 cup
Having problems with Siri

He says he can only look for business's in the US

Anyone know how he can look for things in the UK??

Clio 172 cup
They never told me that in the adverts/promos/shops

Suppose its like buying a hd tv before hd channels even exist couple of years back

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Siri still works, the UK adverts do not claim to be able to show you where your nearest tesco is, or anything of the sort.

The rest of the UK version still works fine, writing/reading text messages, checking the weather, setting an alarm....