ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Ph2 172
My 3GS runs a little faster than 4.0.1 for sure. I was hoping that 4.1 would have fixed the random reboot that sometimes happens about 10 mins into a call - however, was not to be!! First call of that length dropped out this morning, and phone did a complete re-boot just as before. Then tonight, it was fine.

dk

911 GTS Cab
and now my battery is playing up, phone was on 50+% an hour ago, i've not picked it up since and its now totally depleted and wouldn't turn on until i plugged it in, i love new firmware which f***s everything up.

no doubt it will be something i have done and couldn't possibly be apple though.....

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
and now my battery is playing up, phone was on 50+% an hour ago, i've not picked it up since and its now totally depleted and wouldn't turn on until i plugged it in, i love new firmware which f***s everything up.

no doubt it will be something i have done and couldn't possibly be apple though.....

Ok weird this but today it's perfect. Full 3G without fault. Yesterday people in office had full 3G and I had 1 bar if lucky, all on same network etc so no idea what wad up with my handset.

I'll cancel genius appointment and keep an eye on it in case it's an intermittent fault

After my initial update, for an hour i couldn't get 3G, or any net for that matter.... Then ta da, perfect!
Quite a lot quicker and seems good.

Finally got round to installing the emoji keyboard too :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Updated to 4.1 am getting the same signal level as before but the phone seems even faster now which suprised me as it was already pretty fast being an Iphone 4.

Thank fook they fixed the proximity sensor though as half way through calls my face would mute the call... or put it on hold heh..

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Aye my reception has been fine since it suddenly sorted itself. Whatever it was it's ok now.

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmm I updated my 3G to 4.0.2 (I think) and my god it is s**t...Slow as hell now and battery life is shocking. Might have to go back to 3.1.2 or whatever I was on before. Only issue was half my apps weren't working as they kept updating to comply with 4.0 etc.

:(

What are the stock levels like in shops (o2, orange, vodafone etc)? anyone been able to walk in and get one?

Also the 3G is a good amount faster with the latest updates, all the apps which were unplayable are now fine.

AK

M240i
What are the stock levels like in shops (o2, orange, vodafone etc)? anyone been able to walk in and get one?

Also the 3G is a good amount faster with the latest updates, all the apps which were unplayable are now fine.

I've been waiting for ages for mine from online and all my local shops are out :(

AK

M240i
Top 5 selling phones for Aug 2010:
1: Nokia 3720
2: Samsung I900 Galaxy S
3: HTC HD2
4: Apple iPhone 4
5: Apple iPhone 3G

Sent to me today from an HD2 owner....
Its hard to be the top selling phone for one month when there's not enough stock to satisfy demand...

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
3 week wait according to online... (last time I looked anyway...)

I ordered my new 4 online to collect from apple and had it within a week waiting at store for me. Might be worth trying reserving one and doing it that way.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Does anyone knowhow to turn the annying fanfare noise off? It comes from the game centre and is VERY annoying when you get woken up at 3am with a request!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Settings - Notifications - Game Center
all mine are set to off but i still get the silly fanfare noise!

So, post 4.1 upgrade i am still getting major battery issues with the 3gs, the battery lasts half as long as it did before, its ridiculous.

And reading on t'net i don't seem to be the only one with issues, loads of people experiencing the same.

No-one seems to be able to pinpoint the issue though, everything is being tried, i thought it was gamecenter, people have noticed an increase in data automatically adding up on the phone too.

i'd upgrade to the 4 if i knew it would be better, but it wouldn't and i would also have to hold the phone funny to use it.

A silver one
i'd upgrade to the 4 if i knew it would be better, but it wouldn't and i would also have to hold the phone funny to use it.

Eh? Who has to hold their phone funny?

Very very noob question here that I'm sure all of the Apple warriors can answer instantly.

When I bought my 4 from o2 in July, I was told by the member of staff in the store that FaceTime would use my o2 minutes. With the new iPod Touch using Facetime purely over Wifi, were the o2 staff talking complete nonsense?

Basically my question is does Facetime eat into my 300 minutes?

cheers,
Matt

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
No, FaceTime only works on wifi so will not touch your minutes/mobile data.

Facetime doesn't use any extra minutes per say, but you still need to make a call to do facetime so they were sorta right.. depending on which way you look at it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Actually no you don't

Try it in airplane mode, still works. (Also see itouch)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
orly_owl.jpg

Interesting to know. Will try it later.

So how does it know what the other Iphone's IP is ? is there a technical explanation of how it works ? nevermind.. i'll google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.