ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  E36 328
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

Has the official video of the conference earlier been released? Really want to see the actual presentation!

Oh and there will blatantly be a hack to let you facetime everywhere :D

E36 328

Yeah i know about that mate cheers

Had that on auto refresh as it was happening :D

fiesta 1.25

What i dont understand is why people would buy one off eBay for £800-£1000

E36 328

What??? Where have u seen that???

Theyre not even out yet!

fiesta 1.25

There all over eBay. "have the iPhone 4 at your door on 25th June" some are £895 some are over £1k. Why dont people just walk intoi the shop ?

So how scratch resistant is the glass going to be on this thing as the last thing I want to do is cover such a nice looking phone with a horrible cover!!

Pretty sure screen protectors for front and rear will start appearing soon enough!

Has anyone rung up o2 to see what the crack is for someone who is eligable for an upgrade on their current iPhone?

So how scratch resistant is the glass going to be on this thing as the last thing I want to do is cover such a nice looking phone with a horrible cover!!

Pretty sure screen protectors for front and rear will start appearing soon enough!

If it's anything like the current iPhone's front, it'll be very difficult to scratch.

E87 118d M Sport

They said they would release the details soon enough. So doubt they will tell you over the phone anything they havent released officially.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Why are you even getting an iPhone?

Ease of use, great UI, ability to easily check my emails, get online if I need to. CS when I'm bored and not at home... need I go on? iPhone aren't just about removing the mp3 player from your pocket.

I was wondering about this, hopefully its tough as f**k, but on the bright side, being glass, if you do scratch it, I think you could sand it back with some fine paper and buff it back up! (You'd have to be a brave man though)

TBH I see my having screen covers on back and front... lol

E87 118d M Sport

Watch the video on Apples site. They explain about the glass.
You couldn't sand it back as it has some uber coating on it.
And I really cant see how you would damage it tbh?

Nice one, cheers. I've signed up to receive emails with updates.

Out of interest, how much is a used iPhone 3G 8GB with everything in the box and some very light scratches to the back worth on the likes of the bay? With o2 offering £172.50, it's tempting since it's so easy compared to listing it.

57 Clio Campus Sport

specs-bumper-hero-20100607.jpg

I'll pass I think..

I think black on black or White on white will look ok.

Mine will have front and rear screen protector things and probs a black one of those, wish there was a red one.

Mountune Tractor

That iPhone4 is fookin epic, so much want!
What price will the 3g/3gs drop to?

E87 118d M Sport

I wont be getting one. No need for it other than having the colour (if you want it).

Audi S1

I think the colour makes it look more of a chavy phone tbh.

I think I will just get the black one with a black casing.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Apple's own website describe the glass as:

All the breakthrough technology in iPhone 4 is situated between two glossy panels of aluminosilicate glass — the same type of glass used in the windshields of helicopters and high-speed trains. Chemically strengthened to be 20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic, the glass is ultradurable and more scratch resistant than ever.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

lol @ helicopters and high speed trains, I'll believe it when I see it. My 3G is covered in chips and scratches.

E87 118d M Sport

They developed a new coating for the 3GS, and now use a different material altogether. You cant compare the 3G and 4 screen LOL

dk

911 GTS Cab

lol @ helicopters and high speed trains, I'll believe it when I see it. My 3G is covered in chips and scratches.
how the hell do you scratch an iphone front screen?

i can't understand people who even use screen protectors, its pointless, the screen is near impossible to scratch, i've had a touch for 3 years and an iphone for 1 and neither have the slightest scratch on them, how the f**k do people manage to scratch them?

screen protectors ruin the screen, totally pointless. Paying all that money for an amazing screen and then covering it with some 5p jobbie.

Leon Cupra 300

Quick question re facetime video chat... this works over wifi only, rite? can you have a facetime chat with just anybody like do a search for other people online? or do they have to be in your contacts and have an iPhone also?

if you get me?

Audi S1

Quick question re facetime video chat... this works over wifi only, rite? can you have a facetime chat with just anybody like do a search for other people online? or do they have to be in your contacts and have an iPhone also?

if you get me?

I assume it will just be when you click on there name there might be a video chat option. Or it will work as a separt app and requires log in.

A silver one

I've never been so gutted to be going away on hoilday! I'm at my parents from June 20th until July 1st so will miss the launch day. Rubbish!

Does anybody on here know how 'o2 Open' works?

I'm work for CFS so am eligible for the promotion, but can't find any info on it. The o2 website talks about the new terms and conditions, but doesn't actually tell you what discounts you get.

I wonder if I'll be able to get discount on the new iPhone, or will I have to wait 6 months or so?

Leon Cupra 300

I could see it bein a sperate app if you could be in touch with randoms with vid chat...

but if only to your contacts then there would be no point to seperate it.

E87 118d M Sport

Its obviously guna be an option from the menu once a call has been activated. According to Apples site:

All you have to do is tap a button.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

i can't understand people who even use screen protectors, its pointless, the screen is near impossible to scratch, i've had a touch for 3 years and an iphone for 1 and neither have the slightest scratch on them, how the f**k do people manage to scratch them?

screen protectors ruin the screen, totally pointless. Paying all that money for an amazing screen and then covering it with some 5p jobbie.

oh trust me its not that hard to scratch, yeah fine if it lives in your pocket and only comes out at the pub, but mine gets used and abiuse, its covered in paint, primer, chipped and scratched to fook. its pretty easy to scratch imo so hopefully the new one will be a little more hardcore

Do you keep yours in some homo cloth pouch in your pocket? they get surface scratches ridiculously easily... not ness the heavy deep ones but mine had the light surface ones within about 48hrs.

ANYWAY... it looks ok.. I'll get one obviously... but a bit disappointed that they haven't made it any bigger storage wise? I assume there would be a 64gb this time? My 32gb is full. :(

Revels Mum & Sister

So when will it be out? How much on PAYG?

E87 118d M Sport

June 24th. And no prices have been released yet.
Getting Bored of writing this now. tbh

dk

911 GTS Cab

Do you keep yours in some homo cloth pouch in your pocket? they get surface scratches ridiculously easily... not ness the heavy deep ones but mine had the light surface ones within about 48hrs.

ANYWAY... it looks ok.. I'll get one obviously... but a bit disappointed that they haven't made it any bigger storage wise? I assume there would be a 64gb this time? My 32gb is full. :(
Er, no, the screen is nearly impossible to scratch, on the 3GS at least, not a single hairline scratch and gets constantly all day every day.

Don't use a 'pouch', or a screen protector, there is no need.

People who are scratching them really must not look after stuff, I've not been over protective of mine.

dk

911 GTS Cab

oh trust me its not that hard to scratch, yeah fine if it lives in your pocket and only comes out at the pub, but mine gets used and abiuse, its covered in paint, primer, chipped and scratched to fook. its pretty easy to scratch imo so hopefully the new one will be a little more hardcore
What the hell, covered in paint, primer and scratched/chipped, don't you work for Audi on reception?

Is this a 3G or an s?

SLK 350

I can confirm that any contact with sand will put some nice scratches in the 3G glass. I've had my 3G for well over a year, it's been around the world, lived in a backpack, and the only thing that's really scratched it has been sand.

The back however is a different story, it's by no means knackered [i look after my stuff, but refuse to use a case] but there's plenty of scratches on the back.

Compared to other "scratchproof" phones I've owned, the iPhone has been head and shoulders above the rest.

LOL @ DK, it's not 'nearly impossible' at all, give me your phone for a minute and I'll show you... it's difficult, but nothing like impossible.

Last edited:
  E87 118d M Sport

Doubt it if you only touch once. Opening an app, selecting a contact, starting a video call cant be done with one touch.
It'l be an option to "open video" (or something) once in a phone call on this menu:

iphone-call.png

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

What the hell, covered in paint, primer and scratched/chipped, don't you work for Audi on reception?

Is this a 3G or an s?

3g, and yes 9-5 but then i also have my own workshop, my own cars and yeah i work harder outside of work than i do inside lol

Status
Not open for further replies.