ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

But will that just directly translate into ££? Or is that just the price for the American market?

They do it totally different to us, so there's no use trying to translate it.

The only logical way is that it was $199/$299 last year for the 3GS.

So our prices should be the same.

1.4 Dynamique

Retina display looks epic something like 326 PPI on the screen will look sweet.

Can upgrade on my contract in August then its up in december, Shame im with Three, May have to see if I can get out of my contract a few months early.

Monaco 53/468

I'm with Three too (in my 3G 8gb) but I'm only on a monthly rolling contract so I can drop that anytime.

Just hope the "4" isn't going to be silly money.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Is it an iphone you have the now??? Sell it and buy a payg 4.0 and use the contract sim.

yeah its a 32gb 3gs. Was replaced under warranty 2 weeks ago so virtually brand new. should get £300 for it under current prices but dread to think how much the PAYG one would be. Would be cheaper to buy out of my contract and upgrade that way I think. Only time will tell

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Looks good. I'll hopefully get one at it's launch, the same as I did with the 3GS.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

They do it totally different to us, so there's no use trying to translate it.

The only logical way is that it was $199/$299 last year for the 3GS.

So our prices should be the same.

You've confused me a touch? You say it was that much on release in the US, but how much was it in the UK then?

My question, oh wise lover of apple, is what do you think we will be paying for it?

what he meant was mate, that on the release date last year the 3gs was the same price as the 3g in both uk and america. Now the AT&T 4.0 prices are exactly the same as the current price for the 3gs so the price for uk should be the same as the current contract prices. o2 actually raised their contract prices by around a fiver two months ago so i cant see them raising them again.

1.4 Dynamique

I'm with Three too (in my 3G 8gb) but I'm only on a monthly rolling contract so I can drop that anytime.

Just hope the "4" isn't going to be silly money.

Oh well thats ok if you can just cancel at the end of the month, It should be in theory the same as the 3gs launch price.

Time will tell...

You've confused me a touch? You say it was that much on release in the US, but how much was it in the UK then?

My question, oh wise lover of apple, is what do you think we will be paying for it?
I can't remember so it was easy to quote those.

PAYG - £450 16GB - £550 32GB

Contracts no idea.

Alfa GT

Will the iphone 4 be available from vodafone on release date or will it take ages like it did with the other iphones?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Ah ok, I'm gonna hope o2 offer up a lovely upgrade deal... but I guess time will tell.. :)

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182

sweet my contract with vodafone is up on my blackberry . which company wants me then lol:D

LY 200

So when i bought my 16gb 3g two Decembers ago at £50 that was a much better price than we are looking at now on contract?

And there was me hoping that my wait wouldnt cost me much more than time. Haha

I'm going to have a random guess at £150/£250 for iPhone 4 contract prices for a £30 a month tariff.

So yeah, you got a good deal, Jay! Lol.

Mini Cooper S

Guys, how does it work with regards to upgrading? If they are there, can I just walk in and upgrade to a new iPhone 4 there and then?

Guys, how does it work with regards to upgrading? If they are there, can I just walk in and upgrade to a new iPhone 4 there and then?

Yup. If you're eligible.

O2 are going to going to post details in the next few days with regards to early upgrades.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Cant wait. My 3G has seen better days. Will be the 32g for me.

Mini Cooper S

Yup. If you're eligible.

O2 are going to going to post details in the next few days with regards to early upgrades.

Thanks.

I want to order it online though I think... Becuase, if your phone breaks and you've bought it from store, they give you some shite phone and send your iPhone away. Where as, if you buy online, they send you a new one to your house I think...

Lee

BMW M2C

Thanks.

I want to order it online though I think... Becuase, if your phone breaks and you've bought it from store, they give you some shite phone and send your iPhone away. Where as, if you buy online, they send you a new one to your house I think...

They usually send you a recon unit from o2. My 3G had issues and they said they would only send out a reconditioned replacement so I kicked off, and all of a sudden they fixed my issue!

I held on to my 3G as the 3GS was a pointless update. Now I'm all set for the 4G. o2 let business customers upgrade the handset every 12 months even on 24 month contracts, so I've been due a few months. :D

Lou

Thanks.

I want to order it online though I think... Becuase, if your phone breaks and you've bought it from store, they give you some s**te phone and send your iPhone away. Where as, if you buy online, they send you a new one to your house I think...

I thought you hated the iPhone ;)

If you've got insurance on it, they'll replace it to your door if you lose it/break it.

If there's something else wrong, take it to Apple.

3G > 3GS wasn't really worth the upgrade. This is totally different.

Mini Cooper S

Think I'll be talking about a Business contract!

Mini Cooper S

No Apple shops around here I dont think!

LY 200

I'm going to have a random guess at £150/£250 for iPhone 4 contract prices for a £30 a month tariff.

So yeah, you got a good deal, Jay! Lol.

F!?K SAKE! Thats some hit for a bloody phone!

I think i prefered the free phones on contract of yesteryear. Haha

Ad

MK2 FRS

If you've got insurance on it, they'll replace it to your door if you lose it/break it.

If there's something else wrong, take it to Apple.

3G > 3GS wasn't really worth the upgrade. This is totally different.

agreed, I didnt bother with the 3GS. Have saved £25 for last 6months plus the upgrade fee:approve:

RS Megane DCi 175

Cant wait. My 3G has seen better days. Will be the 32g for me.

Me too! My 3G has lasted me well though, only developed a hairline crack by the dock after 2years of ownership.
I was convinced 16GB would be fine for me, until I saw the HD video! That'll be too much fun to be running out of memory so 32GB it is!
Still going with black though :cool:

dk

911 GTS Cab

Me too! My 3G has lasted me well though, only developed a hairline crack by the dock after 2years of ownership.
I was convinced 16GB would be fine for me, until I saw the HD video! That'll be too much fun to be running out of memory so 32GB it is!
Still going with black though :cool:
This is a good point, my 32gb is already pretty much full, wish they'd announced a 64gb one

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah, 64GB would've been useful. I'll be having the 32GB White jobbie.

White for me this time. 32GB i think.

Whats the difference with a business contract?
I could go onto my mates business contract or keep with mine. Whats better?

Looks pretty impressive. Going to be about £300 for an upgrade i would think.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I think it's horrendous that we're expected to pay that much for a phone even when we're taking out a wamp contract, but still, apple can demand a premium for a quality product and they do.

If I'm available for an upgrade I'll be doing so and selling the 3gs to fund the new one :)

If not I'll sell up, buy out my contract and start again. That simples.

Slow red one

Once my monthly contract is cancelled what happens to my sim card? do I have to top it up to use it or shall I just wait for the new iphone then cancel the mins/texts? Wanna go on payg with simplicity. thanks anyone

E87 118d M Sport

Has there historically been a price difference for business/personal use

172//Crap Micra//Bus

Tempted to sell my 3G, while their offering suitable prices tbh. Run a shitty old one, then decide which way to go in 2 weeks time. I stuck on PAYG so I'd be free for this, it seemed to work, and I won't have lost vast sums of cash either... Which is nice!! Oh, and it's released on my payday :D Its gonna hurt though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.