ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

SQ5
Mount them to your foreskin.

Lol, I can't because all the willy waving after getting the charger they may fall off ;)

Yes something like that, and the box was loud as hell. Think the mounts had been shagged for sometime really (before I owned the car) Although it didn't stop past 70, just got louder!

Hopefully I will of finally diagnosed my problem :) Not driven car properly in months :(

Just with a cat back system mate, going back now i have matched inlets to see if iv gained anything, then RS tuner and my own inlet ideas

Good result then :)

SQ5

Ive decided that the two oil ones are going where the CD player usually is mounted on a carbon fibre backing plate, and the boost gauge will go in the centre where the clock is at the top. CD player will then be moved into the glovebox and usse the steering controls to control it :)

SQ5
Finally got my knocking fixed today and got a different driveshaft on :) Car has never felt better, can't wait to get the new engine mount on too!

Also got my new water temp sensor fitted, moved the headunit under the glovebox, perfect fit, just need a way to secure it side to side, just put a couple screws beside it for the moment. Got the gauges cabling in too and the boost pipe into the bay :)

A very productive day for once!

Coupe/Defender V8
lol looking at sc badges. I'd have nothing at all tbh! Although I can't talk as I was looking at getting a Trumpets Inside sticker made up

Bumder With A Buffer
Sod the supercharger badge and get it 1.2 badges instead :)

Oh and no I cant find that off cut of carbon at all im afraid :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
No No No Danny..... No SC Badges at all laeve it as is and just destroy all unsuspecting cars :D

SQ5
I nearly got side strips off of a 1.2 from CitRen yesterday, saw it in corner of my eye. It just couldn't pass as a 1.2 I don't think! I think it needs the supercharged badge from a RR as its small and discreet, could almost look OEM ;)

That's fine mate, I've got some Carbon Fibre Vinyl here, I'll just wrap some ally sheet in it!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
fml PLEASE dont get 1.2 badges, I hate that on decent cars :( Its not exactly a sleeper is it lol :)

8442764v1_480x480_Front.jpg

would look nice placed neatly on the passenger dash board if you ask me

SQ5
I need a little something, the remove bra one will be going on the dash somewhere :D

In other news KTec top engine mount turned up today :D

SQ5
I probably won't get much use out of them for a while, won't get fitted till wednesday night and then it won't be used until saturday hopefully, although it will be a LOOONG journey :D

SQ5
Lol, the cable ties has been fine lol! I need to cable tie more though! I may do the other side just so its easier for Paul! Lol!

I will be able to yes ;) Even show you how it feels :p We all need to meet on an industrial estate, I hope its not raining too! Couldn't get traction in 2nd on saturday on a wet road!

340i
There is a nice industrial park 1/2 a mile from my house....

A decent mile strip.... Doing drags y0!!!!

I have a feeling I'll crave boost after :(

White Evo V
Hey Danny, have you read my threads on my SC 172? You should get more than 240bhp, Paul managed to get 251.9bhp out of mine and its still running rich so more is achievable!

Picture001.gif

Also I mounted my boost gauge where the ashtray is, Looks sweet:

100_9124.gif

Also there is a few more SC clios than you think, Mine, Pauls and 2 from GDI to my knowledge. Also puressence off here was getting his done, he was booked in after me? dont know what the progress is with that though?

On a good note ive done 2000 hard miles in mine now with no problems at all! Still awesome but needs more power so im currently building up a forged bottom end, because one day it will go, so that is something to consider! Also look at uprating the clutch, Paul got hold of a Kevlar clutch for me at a good price, off the top of my head roughly £350 + fitting - cant remember exactly!

Hope this helps, any other queries you have just ask me mate!

Last edited:
  SQ5
Also there is a few more SC clios than you think, Mine, Pauls and 2 from GDI to my knowledge. Also puressence off here was getting his done, he was booked in after me? dont know what the progress is with that though?

On a good note ive done 2000 hard miles in mine now with no problems at all! Still awesome but needs more power so im currently building up a forged bottom end, because one day it will go, so that is something to consider!

Cheers mate, Its still rarer than any other option :p I've now taken his place due to other circumstances, so I'm in theory buying the charger off of him. Just waiting for Paul to get back from holiday to sort out the money!

I'm not worried about uprating much at the moment, but when a cheap engine comes up I will be buying it and rebuilding it ready for when this goes pop!

You need to send me those videos too :p Also where did you plumb the boost gauge into? Am I right in thinking the outlet that comes off the plenum just after the throttle body?

Anyway, I got all my gauges mounted up for the time being on a bit of alliminium, all wired up just waiting for my sandwich plate now :)

29c73675.jpg

43bad38e.jpg

SQ5
OMG those pictures are terrible! Will get some better day light ones. Need Richy to do my dash all white now though ;)

And the boost gauge is now straight too :p