ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Re: DJRoberts Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

build yourself a pod where the clock - info display is and mount them there? easy to keep an eye on as well

I would maybe put the oil temperature down where the ash try is, maybe use the ashtray as a base, mount the gauge in there and have the other two up top where I said previously

The only thing you will miss out on is which track number of westlife's greatest hits is playing, although from what i hear you know them off by heart anyhow :p

SQ5

Go hardcore and put them where the radio/CD player goes ;)

As below comments I need the CD player :p lol! Also I hear I'm coming to see you on the way home from RSTuning ;)

Remove Clock and Airvents, Add a CF Sheet with Gauges and Bobs your Uncle :)

Oh and Lol at naming your thread after your username then changing your username!

The thread is being changed namewise lol! I thought of it straight after haha!

Looks the biz that. Flock zee dash.. That's next on the list after bodies for me

Still deciding on what to do dash wise, but the top will eventually be flocked!

build yourself a pod where the clock - info display is and mount them there? easy to keep an eye on as well

I would maybe put the oil temperature down where the ash try is, maybe use the ashtray as a base, mount the gauge in there and have the other two up top where I said previously

Why would you put oil temp down away from site? I think I'd prefer all together, just problem being there are a lot to go in one place lol!

Vw caddy tdi
Put them in the air vent grids two in the centre and other one in drivers side vent cut circular holes sink them in, changes back easily, visable, moveable slightly for sight perfect placement.

340i

As below comments I need the CD player :p lol! Also I hear I'm coming to see you on the way home from RSTuning ;)

your coming to see meeeeeee?!

Well i feel honoured hahaa... But I didn't know?!

Bumder With A Buffer
Danny if you need someone whos good at wiring up switches etc then a know a good ex wiring harness technician who can help :)

320d
I realy want my ph1 supercharged. I can't afford to get it done but I can wish. Can't wait to see it finished mate.

What power you after?

SQ5
is there any testing being done before its fitted mate? compression/leak down etc?

I don't know to be honest mate, tried calling Paul today but seems they've shut up early for holiday by a couple of days! Next time I'll speak to him is the 9th!

Can't believe how quickly you're jumping in Dan I'm dead jealous! Gran's getting a phone call!

Lol, you don't need her as an excuse to come up, although I am coming down Thorpe Park soon :)

DannyR YES

:D

Danny if you need someone whos good at wiring up switches etc then a know a good ex wiring harness technician who can help :)

Switches for what? And are you referring to you lol?!

I realy want my ph1 supercharged. I can't afford to get it done but I can wish. Can't wait to see it finished mate.

What power you after?

Whats stopping you? You only live once, take out a small loan or something :)

As long as I get 240 I'm happy TBH! But any more wil be awesome!

53 Clio's & counting
Thats cool fella, just interested in if any testing needs doing :)

mine feels plenty strong enough to take F/IA, though i dont have the money to do so lol

SQ5
That's why I'm confident with mine, it pulls average of 163 bhp and 149 lbs/ft on a rolling road! The engine is the only thing strong on the car!

53 Clio's & counting
ha lol, im quite impressed with mine, 141 @ the wheels and 172. @ fly on average, and still pulls like a train, and the interior still hasnt starting rattling, im worried......

SQ5
That is good, is it standard?

Just had an estitmated quote from Adrian Flux with supercharger, 250bhp, stripped, buckets, coilovers, exhaust and its £775! Cheaper than anywhere!

williams 2,seat leon

Just had an estitmated quote from Adrian Flux with supercharger, 250bhp, stripped, buckets, coilovers, exhaust and its £775! Cheaper than anywhere!

im with a company in romford called sky insurance. my willy, which is turbod, same power, coilovers, brakes, alloys, exhaust, charge cooler etc, was 400. i know its an older car, but still may be worth a go.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Why would you put oil temp down away from site? I think I'd prefer all together, just problem being there are a lot to go in one place lol!

I was trying to prioritise, even though all three are very important i decided pressure was better than temperature :D

2 in a pod on top of dash and 1 in an air vent.....meaning you still have 3 air vents

SQ5
Insurance is a little high as only 21, driving nearly 5 years, 3 years NCB and three points!

I've decided now that if one fits where the Radio display/clock does the boost gauge will go there and the Radio is getting moved into my glove box and the two oil ones mounted on CF plate fixed in that hole :)

Just ordered the group N mount from Ktec too as mines been fucked about a year lol!

Coupe/Defender V8
Insurance is a little high as only 21, driving nearly 5 years, 3 years NCB and three points!

I've decided now that if one fits where the Radio display/clock does the boost gauge will go there and the Radio is getting moved into my glove box and the two oil ones mounted on CF plate fixed in that hole :)

Just ordered the group N mount from Ktec too as mines been f**ked about a year lol!

!!! ouch. I had to do a 40 mile round trip and left the top mount knocking, which fucked my driveshaft bearing ¬_¬

SQ5
Hmm, maybe thats why my diveshaft is fucked now then lol?

Getting driveshaft replaced tomorrow so we'll see :)

Gauges also came today so something for the weekend!

Bumder With A Buffer
Danny I cant find the Carbon :(

It was here but I cant find it for s**t..let me have another look during the day tomorrow :(

And I was referring to myself with the switches comment although I have no idea why now??!! :S!! :eek:

SQ5
Lol, ok mate! Be good if you could! Trying to work out how I'm going to get the oil pressure and temp gauges in though, anyone else done it?

Coupe/Defender V8
Hmm, maybe thats why my diveshaft is f**ked now then lol?

Getting driveshaft replaced tomorrow so we'll see :)

Gauges also came today so something for the weekend!

Quite possibly mate. It puts a lot of strain on the box I think. I had mine rebuilt anyway as all the bearings were shot EDIT: I personally wouldn't bother with yours though. That way when I gun it after you and it pops out I'll have half a chance ;)

Last edited:
  SQ5
Gearbox was rebuilt last year :) Still under warranty.

When you driveshaft went was it just vibrating, and it got worsre and worse up tp 70 then it stopped as was spinning past int centralised itself?

Coupe/Defender V8
Gearbox was rebuilt last year :) Still under warranty.

When you driveshaft went was it just vibrating, and it got worsre and worse up tp 70 then it stopped as was spinning past int centralised itself?

Yes something like that, and the box was loud as hell. Think the mounts had been shagged for sometime really (before I owned the car) Although it didn't stop past 70, just got louder!

53 Clio's & counting

Just with a cat back system mate, going back now i have matched inlets to see if iv gained anything, then RS tuner and my own inlet ideas