ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

an hour to upload pictures? I call bulls**t ;)

Haha sorry mate, got a bit side tracked as the girlfriend decided to pay me a visit lol.

Here's a few photos from the other night. This is how the car stands at the moment :)

IMAG1540_zps3f599d06.png

IMAG1568_zps9810f061.png

IMAG1570_zps7db0f326.png

IMAG1578_zps65361961.png

IMAG1580_zps28b1c870.png

IMAG1582_zps2aa1217a.png

It's not the clearest photo in the world but this is my favourite:

IMAG1575_zps29210467.png

Last edited:
  Changes to often
im gunna say great effort with the spoiler, i like it, did you use a hairdryer to make it flex more or just some serious patience lol

im gunna say great effort with the spoiler, i like it, did you use a hairdryer to make it flex more or just some serious patience lol

Thanks mate. Yeah I used a hair dryer so it goes soft and it's easier to work with around corners and stuff :) Saying that, a lot of patience was also needed :p

looking good :)

Thanks pal :)

its so clean! looks lovellllyyy.. eeeee them lights though :(

Looks a completely different colour when its propa clean :) aha, yeahhhh. They're not to everyone's taste as I've found out lol. Might put the standard ones back on for a bit and see if I can get used to them again.

TT QS
Love this. Defo doing my fogs yellow. Thought I'd let you do it and see what it looks like against the silver before I do it lol

Wow thanks for all the comments guys! :)

Wheels look good ;)

Heh cheers :p hard to keep clean though.

Looks proper good.

I'd only change one thing - rear lights.

Yeah a lot of people say that, might swap them over again for a bit and see what I think.

Love this. Defo doing my fogs yellow. Thought I'd let you do it and see what it looks like against the silver before I do it lol

Haha yeah, just in case it looked sh#te :p

Liking the storm alloys, they are rare as!

Cheers matey, haven't come across another set yet.

Nice pics. ;) Your Clio now looks great.

Thanks pal, need to start using my sisters camera or get her to take some as she's into photography and all that.

You should definatley keep the alloys white mate, it looks smart :)

looks awesome them wheels must go black tho!

No way man! Keep 'em white!

Haha I'm torn between them. When I first bought them I had every intention of painting them black. Now the white has grown on me xD

Holy s**t. I applaud you Dan. That looks brilliant. What alloys are they?

As mentioned above they are Renault Storms mate :) not many about. Got some centre caps for them but not had chance to spray them yet. (Also don't know what colour either lol)

Thanks for that mate, I'm assuming you got it in a spray can but do you know if you can get it in a tin as well?

Then I could use the spray gun when I paint them, might be a little easier.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeah i got it in a rattle can, no idea if you can get it in a tin though. Did you get them to come up clean?

Broke the drain pipe but the front end looks fine. I literally parked up, handbrake on and put it in reverse. I got out and shut the door, then it decides to slide :( cleared the drive and gritted it as well now.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I updated this thread and unfortunately I only have a little update :(

Carbon wrapped my centre caps earlier. I've had them hanging around for ages and have only just got around to doing them.

IMAG1695_zps5023d88c.png

The next picture is how it will look once I put the diamonds back on.

IMAG1699_zps6081634d.jpg

I was going to keep the diamonds silver but after cleaning all the dirt off I noticed they're pretty badly scuffed so don't look the best.

Instead I'm thinking about spraying them white to match the wheels. Possibly yellow to match the brake callipers.

Any other ideas?

TT QS
It's been a while since I updated this thread and unfortunately I only have a little update :(

Carbon wrapped my centre caps earlier. I've had them hanging around for ages and have only just got around to doing them.

The next picture is how it will look once I put the diamonds back on.

IMAG1699_zps6081634d.jpg

I was going to keep the diamonds silver but after cleaning all the dirt off I noticed they're pretty badly scuffed so don't look the best.

Instead I'm thinking about spraying them white to match the wheels. Possibly yellow to match the brake callipers.

Any other ideas?

you do top work with that wrap! i like them like that tbh. although ive got mine the colour of my car. had some paint made up at halfords so i thought it would look pretty good and imo it does lol

you do top work with that wrap! i like them like that tbh. although ive got mine the colour of my car. had some paint made up at halfords so i thought it would look pretty good and imo it does lol

Cheers mate, I've had lots of practice :) Yeah I would keep the diamonds chrome if they were in better condition, they look okay in the photo but thre really not lol.

That's a good idea, might have some paint left from when I did the sidestrips. You got any pictures of yours cause we've got the same colour car :)

TT QS
Cheers mate, I've had lots of practice :) Yeah I would keep the diamonds chrome if they were in better condition, they look okay in the photo but thre really not lol.

That's a good idea, might have some paint left from when I did the sidestrips. You got any pictures of yours cause we've got the same colour car :)

I haven't but I'll take one later just for you lol. I'll have to clean abit of the wheel. It's not good when you have black wheels but they're grey from dirt lol

I haven't but I'll take one later just for you lol. I'll have to clean abit of the wheel. It's not good when you have black wheels but they're grey from dirt lol

Haha thanks :p at least dirty black wheels kinda look okay from a distance. These white wheels are a pain to keep clean! Only need to drive round the block before they're covered in dust lol.

How did you find colour coding your side strips yourself? A pain or just require patience?

Pretty simple really mate. I bought some side strips which came off a 172 so all I had to do was spray them instead of getting rid of the textured feel on the standard black ones.

I got my paint mixed at this little paint shop nearby, got 2 cans of paint & 2 cans of lacquer (only used one though). All I did was flat down the side strips and get rid of a few marks around the edge, then gave it 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of lacquer :)

TT QS
Haha thanks :p at least dirty black wheels kinda look okay from a distance. These white wheels are a pain to keep clean! Only need to drive round the block before they're covered in dust lol.

Im dreading the f1s. I reckon they'll be a right pain and I'll have to clean them a lot

How did you find colour coding your side strips yourself? A pain or just require patience?

Ive got the same colour as dan and tbh it wasn't hard really. Just take your time and they'll look good

Yeah, I've got a spray fun and compressor (stolen from dad!) and there's a car paint warehouse local to me where I can get it mixed up. Hopefully do it within a month or so

Ooh nice! Should get a good finish on them then. I've got the painting equipment in the garage as well but I decided to go for rattle cans in the end.

Ooh nice! Should get a good finish on them then. I've got the painting equipment in the garage as well but I decided to go for rattle cans in the end.

So the side strips and bullets of a ph2 1*2 are the same fit as the ones on our non sports?

Also to remove them, do you just pull/pop them off? Heard they can be a pain

So the side strips and bullets of a ph2 1*2 are the same fit as the ones on our non sports?

Also to remove them, do you just pull/pop them off? Heard they can be a pain

Yeah mk2 side strips are all the same fitment :) you won't need the sport bullets though as you can just clip your own to the sport sidestrips.

I've heard people struggle with removing them but they came straight off on mine. The front ones slide backwards towards the rear of the car and the back ones slide forwards :)

Cheers mate :) I think ill do that, buy some sport ones, already smooth,just need to flat down like you said :) so fronts slide towards the back of the car and the rears slide towards the front?