ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

Cheers mate :) I think ill do that, buy some sport ones, already smooth,just need to flat down like you said :) so fronts slide towards the back of the car and the rears slide towards the front?

Alright then, its a shame they didn't make our colour sport models. Would've been much easier lol.

Yep, fronts slide back, rears slide forward. Don't be afraid to use a bit of force if they don't slide off straight away :p

Put my East Midlands sticker on earlier :)

Before:

IMAG1722_zps2d0a61b8.png

After:

IMAG1725_zps6f8b328b.png

IMAG1726_zps3e4ddbac.png

Also managed to salvage the speedbump sticker. Not sure how long it'll last because I didn't even clean the surface properly before sticking it down :p

IMAG1727_zps0fe7c8f9.png

I hope they're going to do west mids other wise ill have to rep the east side lol

East side is de best!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zbPvF7LqUjo

Embedding disabled grr!

I've got a spare one of them speedbump stickers.
Sticker swapz yeah?!

I'll probably take it off next time I wash it unless it has already fallen off.
Got a massive OMP one I don't really need though lol.

Haha matching ;) thought it looked like the best place to put it after I saw yours :)

Last edited:
This car is now going to be put back to standard (apart from coilovers & tints) and sold.

I will be selling most of the extras from this in a "for sale thread" in the upcoming days.

Cheers, Dan

Cheers buddy :) I've had quite a few pm's about all the stuff I'll taking off lol. Obviously I'd prefer collection on the larger items but yes I'll be selling the cup spoiler and wheels :) not sure on a price yet but I'll put up a massive for sale thread when everythings been removed

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers buddy :) I've had quite a few pm's about all the stuff I'll taking off lol. Obviously I'd prefer collection on the larger items but yes I'll be selling the cup spoiler and wheels :) not sure on a price yet but I'll put up a massive for sale thread when everythings been removed

let me know regarding the wheels, that's what I'm mainly interested in

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
I'm new on here, first of all hello all! haha

my word dan, that was some car, gave me inspiration for some intense project but im struggling as of what i can do on a black car, got white alloys a bit like yours, but not them :( haha

do you still have those side strips? gonna have a look what a black and grey scheme would be,

also regarding the painting of all your bits, how did you do it? literally a spray can?! what a result!

nice new car too!

Low and Slow 1.4 16v

my word dan, that was some car, gave me inspiration for some intense project but im struggling as of what i can do on a black car, got white alloys a bit like yours, but not them :( haha

do you still have those side strips? gonna have a look what a black and grey scheme would be,

also regarding the painting of all your bits, how did you do it? literally a spray can?! what a result!

nice new car too!

Welcome to cs bud, check out the non sport thread, there are hundreds of non sports on there, might give you a few ideas. There's plenty you can do to a black car though. Post a picture of yours in the media section, there will be plenty of people able to give you some ideas

nice new car too!

Hi mate, welcome to the forum :)

Thanks very much! Will miss it a lot when it goes. I'm afraid I already have a buyer for those side strips and bullets though.

Yeah basically, just make sure you prepare the bits really well. That's important. then just spray a few coats of paint and a few coats of lacquer :)

Cheers buddy! Any photos of your car on here?

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
i didnt think it would be a job you could do with a spray can tbf, silly question where do you get the exact match for this? do i need a spray gun or something or is it literally a spray can of paint? (noob here)
also what would you recommend on a black car? as you obviously have talent in making these clio's sexy!

pick it up tomorrow mate i came on this as i was too excited! will be up on here tomorrow evening got the ebay ad though
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300879967064?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Honestly mate it's pretty simple. You can get paint mixed up at the bigger halfords if you give them your paint code. I guess if you did have your own spray gun you could go down that route. I have a few in the garage but I thought seeing as they're only little, I went for the spray can option.

Just had a look at the link. Car looks like a good place to start :) First car I assume?

I'd swap the 17" wheels for something a little smaller and get rid of that exhaust too. Red callipers look good but think the hub would look smarter black.

Are you thinking about keeping the wheels white? If so, you could spray your diamonds and bullets white to match?

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
will be the first car yeah :)
yeah I dont personally like the styling of it but an 05 plate for £1400 isnt that bad IMO!
yeah I want a different back bumper and then a single exhaust tucked nicely in the bumper like, that double tip is ridic!

whats is the 'hub', like the part on the caliper?

im not sure, ive looked for some ideas on google, i love the look of like a purpley-type wheel but its a bit of a girls colour :(

whatever colour i decide for the wheels i will be matching the bullets and diamond haha :)

Is it worth looking for the front splitter? because my cars black i dont think i would see the full effect

You could get a 172 rear bumper!

The hub is the circle thing on the back wheel (painted red) - Instead of brake calipers on the back, you have those. They're not really something you want to be showing off with bright red paint though ;)

I think purple could look really good. (providing you remove the red paint) Sure I've seen a black clio with purple wheels on here before? :S

Erm it's up to you tbh about the splitter. You can't go wrong with £12 though :)

The hub is the circle thing on the back wheel (painted red) - Instead of brake calipers on the back, you have those. They're not really something you want to be showing off with bright red paint though ;)

noooo! you mean the drum brake!

The hub looks like this, It's what connects everything to the suspension.

hubgrind2.jpg

Clio 197
Nice car Dan. What a present eh! I'll look forward to seeing this as your 1.6 looked great. Hope to see you around again soon.

Thanks mate :) Yeah still haven't drove it yet. It's killing me how it's just sat on the drive! Getting it insured on Sunday :)

Yeah hopefully see you at the next meet whenever that gets sorted out lol.

Clio 197
Thanks mate :) Yeah still haven't drove it yet. It's killing me how it's just sat on the drive! Getting it insured on Sunday :)

Yeah hopefully see you at the next meet whenever that gets sorted out lol.

Yeah i bet it is! Just sat there giving it a rev i bet. You'll not be able to sleep tonight. You up and out at 12:01am then? I'm sure we'll catch up at the next meet.

ClioSport Saturday is getting close so I've got quite a few updates for you (Pic heavy :approve:)

First off, I decided to get a tow eye from Tom C off here, I was originally planning on buying a yellow ring or a yellow TRS tow strap, glad I didn't as I quite like this :)
IMAG0806.png

After that I ordered some silver vision indicator bulbs (forgot to take photos of the front :dapprove:)
IMAG069e-1.png

Then I bought some Team Heko wind deflectors, my passenger window wouldn't shut properly at first because the motor is weak ,but after a few days the wind deflectors settled and now it's fine :)
IMAG0834.png

Here's a photo showing all three:
IMAG0857.png

I finally got round to fitting the front strut brace lol :) I should have really fitted it before I had coilovers to see if I could tell the difference really. Saying that, it takes corners amazingly now compared to how it used to :eek:
IMAG0836.png

The last thing I've been up to is changing my bullets, here's the progress of them... quite detailed :cool:

This is how they started out: 1.2 bullets from my local scrappy
1.png

I then masked them up, ready for sanding
2.png

3.png

I did this so the bullets wouldn’t get scratched to death
4.png

5.png

So that’s what it looked like after I removed the masking tape
6.png

After this, I used 600, 800 and 1200 wet and dry paper to remove the rest of the numbers and scratches

7.png

8.png

All nice and primed
9.png

Sprayed gloss black, look at the shine! :)
10.png

Fitted
11.png

Bought a set of decals from Ady at N2Graphics
12.png

Compared to an original
13.png

Finally, a photo of what it will look like going to Cliosport Saturday:
IMAG0930.png

That's everything for now, See you at CSS guys! :D

Oh wait, that reminds me, here's my decorated CSS car pass lol :clown:
IMAG0920.png

Sorry for the massive read, hope it doesn't bore you too much :quiet:

So basically you masked over the chrome 1.2 then sanded it until that chrome bit was gone (flat to the bullet)