ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
That tow eye looks bang on, is there another way of getting hold of one? I know you said you got it from someone on here but where do they usually knock around?

Thanks mate. There's a guy on here who sells them in the traders section. If you type in Clio tow eye on eBay, his page should come up. There's a few different styles though, the one I've got and then the 'Si tow eye'.

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
I've seen one for £16 odd, is that the one? Really need to get proper membership. What's this MAD people are on about, how do you get hold of the dude?

Yeah as Tom said, its a company who make all sorts of things. I think they are around £16. I'm not sure if you can see the traders section. Might be worth pm-ing him, his forum name is something like Dan@MAD I think. Hope that helps mate!

Last edited:
Was thinking of getting one. Will wait and see what yours looks like lol.

ClioSport Saturday is getting close so I've got quite a few updates for you (Pic heavy :approve:)

First off, I decided to get a tow eye from Tom C off here, I was originally planning on buying a yellow ring or a yellow TRS tow strap, glad I didn't as I quite like this :)
IMAG0806.png

After that I ordered some silver vision indicator bulbs (forgot to take photos of the front :dapprove:)
IMAG069e-1.png

Then I bought some Team Heko wind deflectors, my passenger window wouldn't shut properly at first because the motor is weak ,but after a few days the wind deflectors settled and now it's fine :)
IMAG0834.png

Here's a photo showing all three:
IMAG0857.png

I finally got round to fitting the front strut brace lol :) I should have really fitted it before I had coilovers to see if I could tell the difference really. Saying that, it takes corners amazingly now compared to how it used to :eek:
IMAG0836.png

The last thing I've been up to is changing my bullets, here's the progress of them... quite detailed :cool:

This is how they started out: 1.2 bullets from my local scrappy
1.png

I then masked them up, ready for sanding
2.png

3.png

I did this so the bullets wouldn’t get scratched to death
4.png

5.png

So that’s what it looked like after I removed the masking tape
6.png

After this, I used 600, 800 and 1200 wet and dry paper to remove the rest of the numbers and scratches

7.png

8.png

All nice and primed
9.png

Sprayed gloss black, look at the shine! :)
10.png

Fitted
11.png

Bought a set of decals from Ady at N2Graphics
12.png

Compared to an original
13.png

Finally, a photo of what it will look like going to Cliosport Saturday:
IMAG0930.png

That's everything for now, See you at CSS guys! :D

Oh wait, that reminds me, here's my decorated CSS car pass lol :clown:
IMAG0920.png

Sorry for the massive read, hope it doesn't bore you too much :quiet:

Hi, was just looking through your thread - Loving what you've done with it, I've not long got a silver 1.2 and I like a lot of your mods, especially the carbon wrapping! Just a quick one as I liked the look of it, does the front strut brace do anything or is it just for show?

Alex

Hi, was just looking through your thread - Loving what you've done with it, I've not long got a silver 1.2 and I like a lot of your mods, especially the carbon wrapping! Just a quick one as I liked the look of it, does the front strut brace do anything or is it just for show?

Alex

Thanks mate :) I did enjoy doing up this car :)

Are you planning to do a lot to yours?

I'm not entirely sure about the strut brace as I fitted it after I put coilovers on. The front end was very stiff and you couldn't feel any body roll. Saying that, I'm going to fit the strut brace to my new car after it's been painted so I'll let you know if it feels any better.

I think the best strut braces to go for are the pure motorsport ones as they actually fit on top of the top mounts instead of around them.

Hope that helps dude!

Thanks mate :) I did enjoy doing up this car :)

Are you planning to do a lot to yours?

I'm not entirely sure about the strut brace as I fitted it after I put coilovers on. The front end was very stiff and you couldn't feel any body roll. Saying that, I'm going to fit the strut brace to my new car after it's been painted so I'll let you know if it feels any better.

I think the best strut braces to go for are the pure motorsport ones as they actually fit on top of the top mounts instead of around them.

Hope that helps dude!

It looks great so well done! It was worth it ;)

Yeah, got a few ideas :) Haven't got a huge budget ATM but hopefully after a while I'll have mine looking a lot like yours! - Definitely going to look into carbon wrapping ;)

Ahh okay, fair enough! It looks pretty ace but I want an excuse to fit it too ;) Like spacing the wheels means it can corner better, so if this can reduce body roll that'd be a good excuse ;)
I'll have a look at the Motorsport ones then, thank you very much!

And yeah, it definitely all helped! :)