ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

This isn't really an update, but I guess it does show the results of the spacers :)

On Sunday I spent half the day cleaning the car, it was nice weather so I thought I may as well take it for a spin and get some photos in.
Here are the results:

14.png

15.png

17.png

22.png

25.png

26.png

29.png

31.png

33.png

35.png

41.png

44.png

49.png

50.png

57.png

60.png

62.png

70.png

74.png

77.png

80.png

88.png

Sorry for posting so many pictures (took about 90 originally but selected the best ones) I just wish there were more Clio's in my area so we could go for a little photo shoot as it gets a bit boring looking at the same thing for 30 odd photos :p

If any ones got any good tips for taking photos / editing them then let me know!
Cheers, Dan

Disastra Coupe
Looks loads better with the spacers Dan, been thinking it's needed them ever since you dropped it!

renault clio 1.2
i like what ya did with the bullets like thinkn of sumit simalur to yours n was it hard 2 colour code the side strips??

RS172 Flamer
Yeah I didn't want to get any bigger spacers in case the wheels went right under the edge of the arch. When people are in the back seats my tyres disappear inside the arch lol. Hopefully your 20mm ones won't rub too much :)

Fingers crossed! But then again i believe yours is in on coilies? Mines on Apex 40mm springs at the moment but wanting some Sportlines which will lift it slightly

i like what ya did with the bullets like thinkn of sumit simalur to yours n was it hard 2 colour code the side strips??

Cheers mate :) and no not really. I did buy some side strips which came off a 172 so all I had to do was spray them really instead of getting rid of the textured feel on the standard black blastic ones.

Fingers crossed! But then again i believe yours is in on coilies? Mines on Apex 40mm springs at the moment but wanting some Sportlines which will lift it slightly

Just out of curiosity, what length wheel bolts did you have to get to fit these spacers? :)

Yeah mine are on coilovers, I think the 20mm spacers on a 40mm drop would be fine tbh, are you getting the sportlines just to go a little higher?

And I used 39mm extended wheel bolts mate :) standard bolts are 25mm so you'd need around 45mm bolts for your spacers

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Car looks really smart mate but in my opion would look so much better minus the tints and the rear lights.

Nice car mate :) quite similar to mine with the black wheels and the fact it's silver :p I can't decide if I want to space my wheels out or not... I kind of think it needs it especially at the back, but then other times I do like them tucked in a little. Idk. How much did it cost to space it out?

Nice car mate :) quite similar to mine with the black wheels and the fact it's silver :p I can't decide if I want to space my wheels out or not... I kind of think it needs it especially at the back, but then other times I do like them tucked in a little. Idk. How much did it cost to space it out?
Sorry mate, only just seen this. It cost about £64 for the spacers I think. I did used to like me wheels tucked in but when I went to CSS and saw the wide stance other people had it persuaded me :p

Could you give me a link where I can buy the right size carbon wrap so I can do the spoiler like yours thanks :)

This is the same seller that I bought mine from, I think this should be the right size but just double check and look at his other items as he sells loads of different sizes :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb2073548

Looks nice, wish my ph2 dci 100 had that front bumper! not the boring clio one

What do you mean mate? The bottom grill bit?

Yellow fogs ftw!!!

Haha woop woop! :D

you thinking about getting a exhaust for ur clio dan

LOUD OR QUiET But sport looking

I wouldn't mind one mate :) I'd want it to be loud when you put your foot down but quiet when crusing along lol. Only problem is the insurance :( and I think exhausts look a lot better on the sport bumpers with the cut out compared to hanging underneath the bumper. Saying that, I do like the sport bumpers without the cut out so maybe a stealth exhaust could be an option :)

I'll have to keep an eye out for a cheap 172 bumper and then I could fit an exhaust when my insurance isn't as much ;)

Finally got round to getting the car tracked today. Had to go to two different garages though as the first garage couldn't fit their wheel aligning equipment on my wheels because it was too low! xD There's only about a cm inbetween the wheel and arch so they recomended another place that deals with lowered cars :)

Thanking you! :) your car is immense btw! Love what you done to it!

No worries mate :) and thanks!

dan do you know any websites or places i can get the sport/172 lights from for my phase 1 as at the mo i have reflectors front ones as well as phase 2 rear light for my clio as well.

Errm I'd probably keep checking eBay and get membership on here. Then you'll be able to view the "for sale" section. There's always members selling stuff and breaking their cars for parts so that's your best bet

Got yellow fog lights! :)

Here's what happened -

I removed the fog lights yesterday (very fidly!) and decided to make the cables water tight, good job I did that as it chucked it down last night:
IMAG1289_zpsf9624632.png

Thought it'd look good with some air intakes instead of fogs...
IMAG1294_zpsfe2893a4.png

In the process of wrapping:
IMAG1296_zps086f156c.png

Then I decided to get the old airbox pipe and make a cold air feed lol:
IMAG1308_zpsa42853cb.png

I didn't like the look of that so I Lamin-x'd the other fog and decided I may as well do the other one again too because the edges weren't very neat:
IMAG1304_zps46a46705.png

Finally it ended up like this :)
IMAG1310_zpsf8811c19.png

Quite happy with the end results, thanks to Kchristmas who gave me some useful tips and photos as well :)

Last edited:
  Ph2 Meg 225
Looks awesome mate, good work!
Do you have a link to where I can get a pair of these?

If you mean the yellow tint just type in yellow fog light tint in eBay and use any. Mine was from Cotball on here for an a4 sheet it was 4 quid and easy to use :)

have you been pulled for the small plate yet dan? :)

Looks awesome mate, good work!
Do you have a link to where I can get a pair of these?

Thanks mate and yeah this is where I got mine from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fog-Taill...otection&var=640037820182&hash=item564cb7142c

or just do what Kchristmas said, there's loads of different ones :)

No problemo, looks good mate :) have you been pulled for the small plate yet dan? :)

Cheers :) Under the fog lights you said there was a space to get to them yeah? Well on mine, one side had a plastic cover and you can see on the other side there used to be one but it's broke off. I'm guessing yours have broke off too lol?

And noo, haven't had any trouble from the police. Even passed my MOT a few weeks back with it on :D