ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

ClioSport Saturday is getting close so I've got quite a few updates for you (Pic heavy :approve:)

First off, I decided to get a tow eye from Tom C off here, I was originally planning on buying a yellow ring or a yellow TRS tow strap, glad I didn't as I quite like this :)
IMAG0806.png

After that I ordered some silver vision indicator bulbs (forgot to take photos of the front :dapprove:)
IMAG069e-1.png

Then I bought some Team Heko wind deflectors, my passenger window wouldn't shut properly at first because the motor is weak ,but after a few days the wind deflectors settled and now it's fine :)
IMAG0834.png

Here's a photo showing all three:
IMAG0857.png

I finally got round to fitting the front strut brace lol :) I should have really fitted it before I had coilovers to see if I could tell the difference really. Saying that, it takes corners amazingly now compared to how it used to :eek:
IMAG0836.png

The last thing I've been up to is changing my bullets, here's the progress of them... quite detailed :cool:

This is how they started out: 1.2 bullets from my local scrappy
1.png

I then masked them up, ready for sanding
2.png

3.png

I did this so the bullets wouldn’t get scratched to death
4.png

5.png

So that’s what it looked like after I removed the masking tape
6.png

After this, I used 600, 800 and 1200 wet and dry paper to remove the rest of the numbers and scratches

7.png

8.png

All nice and primed
9.png

Sprayed gloss black, look at the shine! :)
10.png

Fitted
11.png

Bought a set of decals from Ady at N2Graphics
12.png

Compared to an original
13.png

Finally, a photo of what it will look like going to Cliosport Saturday:
IMAG0930.png

That's everything for now, See you at CSS guys! :D

Oh wait, that reminds me, here's my decorated CSS car pass lol :clown:
IMAG0920.png

Sorry for the massive read, hope it doesn't bore you too much :quiet:

Clio 197
A CS pass? Are we supposed to have one of these? Am I missing something? :S Oh btw. nice pics, although, now wont everyone think it's a 1.2 16v and not a 1.6 16v. I suppose they'll be shocked when you smoke 'em at the traffic lights tho! ;)

Clio 197
Hold it everyone. No need to reply to my stupid post. After some extensive research (5 seconds typing CSS pass in to the search box), I've found my pass! ;)

Clio Extreme 1.2
Love it all dude, great job!

one or two things I'd of done different ofc but it looks so good, I have the same colour (MK632) with pretty much the same plans as you, any tips on where to buy paint so I can colour code? :)

Carbon the door handles?

TT QS

one or two things I'd of done different ofc but it looks so good, I have the same colour (MK632) with pretty much the same plans as you, any tips on where to buy paint so I can colour code? :)

Carbon the door handles?

I have this colour too and colour coded it all. The door handles colour coded set it off believe me! Looks so much better when they are done

And halfords do it. Well the biggers ones. You have to have it mixed up so it costs more but it's a decent match.

And the car looks good I'll have a good look at CSS :D

A CS pass? Are we supposed to have one of these? Am I missing something? :S Oh btw. nice pics, although, now wont everyone think it's a 1.2 16v and not a 1.6 16v. I suppose they'll be shocked when you smoke 'em at the traffic lights tho! ;)

Glad you found your CSS pass now :p wonder what happens if someone doesn't bring one :S and I suppose so but I think the 16V looks tidier than the 1.6 16V logo :)

I have this colour too and colour coded it all. The door handles colour coded set it off believe me! Looks so much better when they are done

And halfords do it. Well the biggers ones. You have to have it mixed up so it costs more but it's a decent match.

And the car looks good I'll have a good look at CSS :D

I was going to colour code the door handles originally but I ran out of paint after the side strips and boot button :( cheers! I'll have to have a look at yours as well, want to see how it'd look with the bumpers colour coded too :)

One of the only non renault sports I really like. Look forward to seeing it at CSS

Wow thanks mate :) you'll see it on the convoy down. :p Your trophy looks awesome, has much changed since that lincolnshire meet ages ago?

Last edited:

Carbon the door handles?

Cheers matey :) got any pictures of yours? I got my paint from this place called AMO Products cause it was cheaper than Halfords and I think the carbon door handles would look good but they wouldn't last a week with everyone opening the doors all the time :p

I know it was ages ago now but I've been busy with work and everything so I'm only just getting round to posting a few pictures from CSS.

Here's a few that Harpham took before we met up with the Yorkshire lot at the Leicester Forest East Services:

css3.png

css4.png

css5.png

When we got to the services there were about 25 other Clios but when we left there must have been about 40 odd :D

css7.png

css9.png

css8.png

css2.png

We then set off in a massive convoy down to the Heritage Motor Centre in Gaydon and Lewisflintham took a pretty cool driving photo on the way :cool:

css6.png

Here's a final photo from the show:
css1.png

It was a fantastic turnout, I had a good day and it was nice putting names to faces. Thanks to everyone who helped organise it :)

I got advised to get spacers now my cars lowered, but i dont know where from or what mm is best :/ you got any suggestions haha?
Cheers!

I went for 16mm all round and they just leave enough room so the wheels don't rub on the arches. Easiest thing to do is just go out and measure how much room you have. Are your wheels standard? Oh yeah and make sure you get hubcentric ones if your going more than 5mm :)

Clio Ph2 1.2
I went for 16mm all round and they just leave enough room so the wheels don't rub on the arches. Easiest thing to do is just go out and measure how much room you have. Are your wheels standard? Oh yeah and make sure you get hubcentric ones if your going more than 5mm :)

Ill try that! And yep just standard mate

Fitted some wheel spacers on Friday, I think the stance looks so much better now but I'll let you guys be the judges. Here's some photos :)

1-1.png

Ooh shiny!
2-1.png

With extended wheel bolts:
3-1.png

Before:
6-1.png

After:
7-1.png

Front setup:
10-1.png

Rear setup:
11-1.png

After a good clean and all the spacers fitted :)
12-1.png

Yeah I'll just stay there till I can find a full time job. Hey that's not a bad idea, door to door car washing :p tbh though I wouldn't let anyone else wash mine in case they scratched it :p

Ph2 Meg 225
I wouldn't let anyone wash mine as its black but a lot of people don't give a monkeys About cars once they have bought one :)

I bet it's dead hard to keep clean then and yeah I suppose so, there's this red Vauxhall near me and it doesn't look like it's been washed for years. The paint is all faded and peeling :/

Ph2 Meg 225
I hate buying a black car, soo nice when clean but lasts for a couple of hours...... I nearly got a red one but wasn't sure on the mods for it. :) he might be going for the "rat" look haha

RS172 Flamer
Ah good, still plenty of room in the arch :) I am looking into some 20mm spacers for the rear but just want to make sure they will fit fine. This update confirms it lol

Ah good, still plenty of room in the arch :) I am looking into some 20mm spacers for the rear but just want to make sure they will fit fine. This update confirms it lol

Yeah I didn't want to get any bigger spacers in case the wheels went right under the edge of the arch. When people are in the back seats my tyres disappear inside the arch lol. Hopefully your 20mm ones won't rub too much :)