ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

BMW 330ci
Re: MY CLIO 1.6 PROJECT

Number plates look good mate. Really improves the front and the back look better with plain on. Can't wait to get mine on now. Should hopefully be here early next can't wait to get them on :)

TT QS

New number plates came this morning and I fitted them fairly easily while my gf was on her driving lesson :)

The screws were very rusty and it was covered with dead flies and dirt behind the old ones but after a good clean and lots of foam sticky pads, there on! :)
Here's some before and after pictures... :D

Before:

IMG_2468.jpg

After:

IMG_2470.jpg

Before:

IMG_2471.jpg

After:

IMG_2478.jpg

And to finish it off, here's a picture of the whole car :D

IMG_2472.jpg

Needs a good clean I know, really cba in this weather, as long as I get it done before the meet next week I'm happy :)

smartens it up no end. nice to see one the same colour as mine coming along nicely

anyone going to start the gf/sister banter from the picture? haha

Looks much smarter dude! Those numberplates make a big difference. I'd go for some clear side repeaters and do some colour coding on the bumpers, side strips, etc. :)

I know, especially since there not cracked and faded like the old ones :p

Number plates look good mate. Really improves the front and the back look better with plain on. Can't wait to get mine on now. Should hopefully be here early next can't wait to get them on :)

Cheers :) what size did you go for in the end, 520mm x 90mm?

looks good mate nice progress

Yeah thanks, coming along quite nicely so far :approve:

smartens it up no end. nice to see one the same colour as mine coming along nicely

anyone going to start the gf/sister banter from the picture? haha

Yeah just had a look, mine looks pretty similar to how yours started out :)
Lmao, I wouldn't be suprised mate xD

Got a nice finish on the headlights today, My dad showed me how and it took about 45mins all together.
Firstly we used 1200 wet + dry paper to get rid of the deep cracks and then moved onto 1500 which isn't as coarse.
After that I used some rubbing compound, this got rid of most of the smaller marks.
Finally we put T-Cut on them to take a small layer of plastic off and make them smooth.
Auto-glym wax polish was then used to clean the surface and get rid of any smearing :)
... Pics coming soon :)

No idea why I didn't take pictures of the same headlight being done but nevermind :)

Before, bit hard to see on the picture but it was covered in little cracks which was holding in dirt:

Before.jpg

After 1200 wet + dry paper:

1200.jpg

After 1500 wet + dry paper, you can see the difference from 1200 - 1500:

1500.jpg

Rubbing compound:

Compound.jpg

Nice and shiney (T-Cut and polish) :

Clean.jpg

Yay :)

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

headlights look great mate iv got to do the same to mine once i have got the left ones misting problem sorted haha

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra

Great results from the headlight correction, when I did it to my old mk2 though the clusters started steaming up inside though :(

needs silvervisions!

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

Cheers man :) water got inside the headlight unit then? :/

yeh mate more of a misted up window look than water washing around though, previous owner fitted HID's and didnt do it proply units arnt sealed properly as he cut slits in the rubber seals at the rear (rubber access cap) instead of pushing the wires through a hole and sealing them up lol not a big issue just annoying theres a pik on my thread.

yeh mate more of a misted up window look than water washing around though, previous owner fitted HID's and didnt do it proply units arnt sealed properly as he cut slits in the rubber seals at the rear (rubber access cap) instead of pushing the wires through a hole and sealing them up lol not a big issue just annoying theres a pik on my thread.

Ooh right okay, not a massive job then :) and yeahh just had a look, cars looking well though! I'm liking the boot :)
How much did the springs cost mate?

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

Ooh right okay, not a massive job then :) and yeahh just had a look, cars looking well though! I'm liking the boot :)
How much did the springs cost mate?
got my springs from k-tec £110 i think could of got them cheaper off ebay but theres alot of chinesse fake stuff on there so thaught get them from somewhere that if the break i can send them back haha

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

exatcly what i thaught mate, least with them u get what you ordered haha

Got a text from my sister earlier to say a big round parcel has come for me :D
That'll be the Skoda splitter so I'll be getting that fitted soon when I've got time :)

RS172 Flamer

Very nice mate! I've got too have the exact same car (Same colour/Same Engine). Might think about starting a new project thread myself :)

Was thinking of getting one. Will wait and see what yours looks like lol.

Haha fair enough, I'll try and make a good job of it then :) apparently you have to trim it a bit as it's slightly bigger than the standard splitter :S

Very nice mate! I've got too have the exact same car (Same colour/Same Engine). Might think about starting a new project thread myself :)

Thanks :) you done anything to yours or is it standard atm? :)

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

mines dropped 40mm its just right for as theres loads of speed bumps by mine. you will have to post some piks with the splitter on mate, how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

BMW 330ci

Yeah you just have to trip the end off a little bit as they will hang over otherwise mate.

Have you thought about getting coilovers rather than springs ?

mines dropped 40mm its just right for as theres loads of speed bumps by mine. you will have to post some piks with the splitter on mate, how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Yeah there's loads round where I live too so maybe 40mm would be a good idea and yeah I will do :) It cost £12 from Skoda Parts

Yeah you just have to trip the end off a little bit as they will hang over otherwise mate.

Have you thought about getting coilovers rather than springs ?

Shouldn't be too hard :)
And I haven't thought about coilovers, purely because of price really, maybe if I could find some cheap ones or something :p

BMW 330ci

There was some Raceland ones, which I have got, and Im sure I got them for £140. Hard to find some now, but they do come up on here and on eBay under different names lol.

RS172 Flamer

Thanks :) you done anything to yours or is it standard atm? :)

It looks just the same as yours essentially: Tinted Windows, Standard Alloys in Gloss Black, Rear Badges sprayed black, Front Badge Carbon Wrapped, With a custom exhaust, H.I.D's and Sunstrip :)

There was some Raceland ones, which I have got, and Im sure I got them for £140. Hard to find some now, but they do come up on here and on eBay under different names lol.

Guess I'll have to keep my eyes open then :) not looking to lower it just yet but can start looking lol :p

It looks just the same as yours essentially: Tinted Windows, Standard Alloys in Gloss Black, Rear Badges sprayed black, Front Badge Carbon Wrapped, With a custom exhaust, H.I.D's and Sunstrip :)

Haha twins :p shame were not from same area, cars would look good together :)

Put the CS decal on this morning after a giving the car a good clean

IMAG0165.jpg

Then it was off to the meet at The Lincoln Pride Pub.

When I first got there, there was only one other person waiting and after a while we thought no one else was coming.
Then slowly, everyone else turned up, think there was about 10 of us in total :)

IMAG0167.jpg

Batsey has made a new thread with loads of photos from the meet if you want to see :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?620090-Lincolnshire-meet-15-01-12

Here's another photo from the meet :)

clio.png

And here's my car at college, my mates thought they'd play a little joke on me :p

cliopostit.png

UPDATE: Going to try and fit the Skoda splitter tomorrow if I can find the ramps :)

Self tappers or rivets? Hmm... :S