ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

Re: MY CLIO 1.6 PROJECT

Nice car mate, i like your ideas! Don't get those rear lights! I had them on for ages. Then I put standards back on and thought, what on earth was i thinking haha! Also, the de-wipering, where did you get the grommet to fill in the hole?:)

1.2 Expression

Great thread mate! I just started on my 1.2 Silver expression, so I might steal a few ideas haha! And it's pretty easy spraying the sidestrips... Even though I only have half of them done because of being busy at work and the weather :(

Nice car mate, i like your ideas! Don't get those rear lights! I had them on for ages. Then I put standards back on and thought, what on earth was i thinking haha! Also, the de-wipering, where did you get the grommet to fill in the hole?:)

Cheers mate and lmao it's too late :p I ignored everyone and put them on about a month ago and still like them so far. Keeping the standard ones though for when I see sense but these are staying on for now :)

The grommet was from halfords, I brought an assorted pack for about £1.50. Ideally I wanted a smooth wiper blank but this will do for now :)

Great thread mate! I just started on my 1.2 Silver expression, so I might steal a few ideas haha! And it's pretty easy spraying the sidestrips... Even though I only have half of them done because of being busy at work and the weather

Ah thanks mate! :cool: and yeah go for it lol! I think it'll be easy enough to do, it's just finding the time to do it :dapprove: hopefully over the next few weeks I'll have got them finished :)

Right, since last time I've managed to aquire a set of coilovers and a front strut brace, along with some other things :)

Here's the coilovers, they are TA Technix and I brought these from seanyboii off here

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0668.png

Next I brought an OMP front strut brace, also from seanyboii :)

IMAG0662.jpg

Here it is with my rear one. I am going to get them both sprayed Renault Yellow eventually :)

I also brought some LED side lights and I couldn't resist this sticker when I saw it :p

IMAG0664.png

Finally, here are some photos of the car as it stands at the moment after a good clean :)

IMAG0640.png

IMAG0638.png

IMAG0637.png

I know most of you don't appreciate the rear lights but they're staying for now :)

car looks good man but them lights just shout mc donalds car park a lil bit to much!

Haha but that's my favourite place to hang out! :p Jokes. Kept the standard ones for when I get bored of these but at the moment I quite like them :)

Looks much better

Im shocked the bought/brought police have not shown up yet

Cheers man, and lol :p to say I got an A in english it doesn't show does it :p I'll make sure my grammer is better from now on :)

Little Update: Got the LED's fitted, very blue in colour so going to get some new headlight bulbs so they look a bit better than blue LED's + yellow headlights.

Rs200

In all fairness on a weekend with nothing to do i always find someone i know up at mcdons lol

Clio sport 172

Nice car dude, when your carbon wrapped the gear knob interior strip that says air bag, did you buy a separate stickers that said airbag aand gears number 1-5?

Fiesta ST + Clio 182

Let me know if you find any decent headlight bulbs to match your sidelight LEDs mate because I've had trouble finding ones close to them.

Nice car dude, when your carbon wrapped the gear knob interior strip that says air bag, did you buy a separate stickers that said airbag aand gears number 1-5?

Thanks mate, yeah I carbon wrapped them first and thought they looked a little plain so I ordered the decals from SprayShack :) I think you can get them in all different colours and they only charged me about 2quid so can't complain :)

Let me know if you find any decent headlight bulbs to match your sidelight LEDs mate because I've had trouble finding ones close to them.

Yeah I will do man, going to have a look in Halfrauds later today because my dad's got some in his ST from there and they've got a slight blue tint to them. Tbh I think anything will look better than the standard ones I have in atm :p

I'll take some before and after photos so you can see the difference :)

1.6 Dynamique & 182

1.6's are brilliant fun to drive, I can imagine with a decent suspension set up that they really would be a blast. Always nice to show up higher end cars and watch their reactions.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182

Yeah I will do man, going to have a look in Halfrauds later today because my dad's got some in his ST from there and they've got a slight blue tint to them. Tbh I think anything will look better than the standard ones I have in atm :p

I'll take some before and after photos so you can see the difference :)
Nice one mate

, let me know how you get on.

1.6's are brilliant fun to drive, I can imagine with a decent suspension set up that they really would be a blast. Always nice to show up higher end cars and watch their reactions.

Yeah I agree :) I've covered up the 1.6 badges so it's always funny when you get a load of chavs in Corsas and Peugeots pull up next to you. Can't wait to get the coilovers fitted :)

are these 1.6's quick?

Well they're not the the fastest thing on the road but I love mine, they are quite nippy though and the acceleration is fun :)

Nice one mate, let me know how you get on.

Got the new lights fitted the other day, here's some pics

Here's the LED sidelights I brought from Midge:

IMAG0697.png

And a few days later I brought these from Halfrouds:

IMAG0713.png

After a few cut fingers later they were fitted :)

IMAG0680.png

Here's a before and after photo. The box clearly says "Laser Blue" but it's more of a bright white really. Never mind :)

IMAG069e.png

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo

Just renewed my insurance and decided to go with elephant. This means I can now afford an induction kit which I ordered earlier and should be delivered on Wednesday as well as lowered suspension! :D I'm unsure whether to go for a 40mm drop or 60mm. Been looking around on the forum and most people are saying you hardly notice 40mm so should go for 60mm. The only thing I'm worried about is kerbs and speedbumps. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance :)

I'm lowered about 80mm and I rarely hit anything.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182

Got the new lights fitted the other day, here's some pics

Here's the LED sidelights I brought from Midge:

IMAG0697.png

And a few days later I brought these from Halfrouds:

IMAG0713.png

After a few cut fingers later they were fitted :)

IMAG0680.png

Here's a before and after photo. The box clearly says "Laser Blue" but it's more of a bright white really. Never mind :)

IMAG069e.png

still looks a lot better than previous though mate. did they cost much?

Looks ace mate! Really nice job. As for the rear lights don't listen to anyone ;) Your car your taste, Im only saying this because I have them too

:eek:

547974_10151053792117658_158008639_n.jpg

Haha cheers :p that's a really nice looking car mate :)

still looks a lot better than previous though mate. did they cost much?

Yeah I agree, not what I was expecting though. They were about £12 each I think :)

I'm lowered about 80mm and I rarely hit anything.

Same. Mines around the 80mm mark too and I dont have any issues with it. Mine was 60 in the past but it just looked too high still with 15's on :/ happy with it at 80 now though I wouldn't reccomend anything less tbh.

Hmm okay thanks guys, think I’ll go for around 80 as well and see how it looks when they’re fitted :)

Got a few little updates as well soon :)

I fiiiinaallly managed to get the side strips on the other day, they had been in my room for about 2 months so it was about time :clap:

Before:
IMAG0750.png

During - the strips were a lot easier to slide off than I expected:
IMAG0751.png

After:
IMAG0752.png

IMAG0743.png

massive improvement in my opinion :)

With the left over paint I decided to spray the boot release button. I got another one from the scrapyard along with a few other bits n' bobs that I have plans for. (Top secret for now :quiet: :rasp:)

IMAG0776.png

I did this because it was starting to annoy me how the rear diamond looked solid when it should just be the outline.

IMAG0783.png

Before and after: :)
Untitled-2.png

IMAG0786.png

I think it finishes the back off nicely.

However, I am thinking of a 172 bumper. Does anyone know how much it'd cost to get sprayed and is it a simple swap, or do you need different arch liners or anything?

Red 1.2 Dynamique

You did a much better job carbon wrapping than I did... :( Nice car!

Just some of the edges where I wrapped it round the back are a bit rough and noticeable, I will maybe try and fix them at a later point

Ooh right okay, just use a Stanley knife to trim off any excess :)

Also booked car into the garage next week for the fitting of the coilies so they'll be ready for CSS! :clap:

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo

Nice job on the diamond, might do that to mine!

For the rear bumper you need the rear arch liners as well.
I fiiiinaallly managed to get the side strips on the other day, they had been in my room for about 2 months so it was about time :clap:

Before:

During - the strips were a lot easier to slide off than I expected:

After:

massive improvement in my opinion :)

With the left over paint I decided to spray the boot release button. I got another one from the scrapyard along with a few other bits n' bobs that I have plans for. (Top secret for now :quiet: :rasp:)

I did this because it was starting to annoy me how the rear diamond looked solid when it should just be the outline.

Before and after: :)

I think it finishes the back off nicely.

However, I am thinking of a 172 bumper. Does anyone know how much it'd cost to get sprayed and is it a simple swap, or do you need different arch liners or anything?

Fiesta ST + Clio 182

I use my original arch liners with my 172 bumper mate, they work fine. Even if you can't get them on for any reason, just leave them off.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182

aye mate, i had one of mine off for a while, caused no problems at all.

Hi guys, my ClioSport Saturday pack come through the other day :D Hopefully the car should be ready in a week or so :)

IMAG0798.jpg

No idea where I'm going to put the sticker though, any ideas? :s

Was also driving along yesterday and noticed my mileage. Had to get a quick picture lmao :clown:

IMAG0818.jpg

Finally, the biggest update I've had really, COILOVERS!! :cheers:

IMAG0821.jpg

I'm really happy with how these look but I suppose some spacers couldn't go a miss. Only got the one photo at the moment though which I took earlier today.

Comments are always appreciated, even the negative ones lol, ta :)

Arctic 182FF

Looks great now with the coilovers! Not a huge fan of the rear lights but at least they are different! Almost everyone has kept the original rear lights so I think it's one of the best ways to differentiate from everyone else! As long as you like the look of them that's all that matters. I'd suggest you colour code the rest of the outer trim but i'm not sure if that'd ruin the black and silver theme... Looks great as it is, might steal a few of your ideas such as spraying the boot release button thing. Good job :)

Looks great now with the coilovers! Not a huge fan of the rear lights but at least they are different! Almost everyone has kept the original rear lights so I think it's one of the best ways to differentiate from everyone else! As long as you like the look of them that's all that matters. I'd suggest you colour code the rest of the outer trim but i'm not sure if that'd ruin the black and silver theme... Looks great as it is, might steal a few of your ideas such as spraying the boot release button thing. Good job :)

Cheers mate, I'm sure I'll grow out of the lights one day but quite like them at the moment :) and ideally I do want to spray the bumpers but the quotes I'm getting are stupid. I might just splash out a bit more and get a 172 bumper lol. Thanks for the positive comments and as for stealing some ideas... Take what you want lol :p

Love them colour coded strips!

Thanks :) I think they make a big difference don't they. The only problem is that the colour isn't an exact match :/

Little update: fitting the front strut brace this morning :)