ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: My Ph1 172 track sl*g Progress Thread

this, ladies and gentleman, is why the RAC are always late!! they're at home sorting themselves out!

Mint jay. Proper proper mint. :)

172 Race Car

What they like up there ? Had mine done at the one near Powerstation earlier in the week.

Tewkesbury mot centre? Had my van done there once. I went in to Jason Jones with a customer the other day, got chatting to the guy and they seamed quite good so took it there. He was very thorough but i didnt want a one eye'd tester with a squint. Wanted it to be given a clean bill of health

this, ladies and gentleman, is why the RAC are always late!! they're at home sorting themselves out!

Wtf are u on about? Im on holiday this week

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Get back in your pram son! Only messing!! ;)

106 GTi

Tewkesbury mot centre? Had my van done there once. I went in to Jason Jones with a customer the other day, got chatting to the guy and they seamed quite good so took it there. He was very thorough but i didnt want a one eye'd tester with a squint. Wanted it to be given a clean bill of health

Wtf are u on about? Im on holiday this week

That was the place, was talking Brembos with the guy after words, real petrol head with a 911 ands loads of bikes.

cant wait to see it, sounds like you have made loads of progress since i was up there last.

glad it passed though bud

Qashcow

wow has come along a bit since last week. am needing a ride in it sometime.

b*****d, i wanted those lights lol. will find some elsewhere :p

back on sunday, will text and see how progress is coming along

172 Race Car

I know u wanted the lights Dave, sorry. there are some for sale on here for less than i said any way.

Dan - :rasp:

172 Race Car

Todays pics....

Having the mot done

IMAGE_409.jpg

Then off to my mates for wheel alignment check.

IMAGE_410.jpg

IMAGE_411.jpg

IMAGE_412.jpg

While it was on the ramp we changed the oil and filter and the fuel filter. In exchange i had to help him change the cambelt on his diesel Golf bus. Great fun:rolleyes:

Door panels still not on so no photos of them yet, waiting on some new door handles coz mine are broken and blue.

looking good :)

good stuff about the headlight after you hoping it be the right one! glad it passed too! had the bumper sprayed now, just gotta fit it :)

Just read all 9 pages and now my eyes really hurt:mad:

great thread, great read and GREAT car... looks awesome.

looking forward to the next post

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

window tint sunstrip on the inside ftw mate! they can't do anything about them! tis looking god! will she be at the airfield next week?

172 Race Car

Defo be at the airfield John. Are you sure about the inside? Experiance of this?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

yeah window tint on the inside! the only criteria is wipers touching! which they cant do when the film is inside! have a couple of mates with 200sx's and they have it nearly half way down the window. no dodgy m.o.t either!
i had one on my chicken paxo (saxo) and that sailed through aswel.

see you at the airfield! not sure if i caan run as have a bad back! trying to get it sorted ready......

172 Race Car

Might have to ask the tester next time i see him. Still might just go for a sun visor.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

yeah just ask! i'm sure itsok though! as its see through! some cars have a blue one as standard like the old mans old beemer. looking forward to seing this........ next week

172 Race Car

Mine wasnt see through, it was solid black. shame coz i thought it looked good

172 Race Car

Still in the process of painting my wheels, should be done tomorrow and the tyres on this week :approve:

Had a play with my camera to try and find a good place to mount it for the airfield next weekend.

Door mirror...

IMAGE_414.jpg

Rear facing bumper cam!

IMAGE_413.jpg

The footage was a bit dark as the light was fading, camera doesn't like the dark too much as we found out at the recent indoor karting meet. rear bumper position was pointing a little low and made u feel a bit sick watching it.:dead:

I'lll try again this week

172 Race Car

sound was ok, bit quiet but im not going to drill holes in mine as i use it for other things (snowboarding etc)

Might take it out of its case as it powers up through the usb too. As your probably aware the battery life aint great and id like to ditch the batteries for running the camera inside

172 Race Car

Wheels and tyres are on.......

IMAGE_416.jpg

IMAGE_417.jpg

Need to get some miles on them before saturday, they need a bit of a scrub. it was like driving on ice when i left my mates place after fitting them. No grip....

Looks like a proper track car now.....

IMAGE_418.jpg

Door panels tomorrow

M

mini-valver

They look FAR better in black! Powder coated or wet spray?

Looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better on those wheels mate. Cant wait to see it on sat.

Passenger run on sunday ? or even a drive ? lol

172 Race Car

ABS & serv light stayed on this morning, stopped and started again and it was fine. Hope it was just a one off

M

mini-valver

Pmsl! Dedication!! Looks so much better fella.....

172 Race Car

Actualy that side on pic is really shite, im no photographer. It looks even better in the metal

Qashcow

cant wait to see it sunday mate, looks much nicer with those rims and painted black. the tread patterns pretty wicked too

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172

Wheels and tyres are on.......

Need to get some miles on them before saturday, they need a bit of a scrub. it was like driving on ice when i left my mates place after fitting them. No grip....

Yokohama Parada 2s? They look superb! :D

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they set you back?? Cheers, Paul.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

f**k Me!! that thin looks the tits jay.

Fair play to you mate, you done a cracking job!!!

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172

they are an absolute steal £140 for four delivered

They certainly are!! :D

The car is looking awesome Mr Burp, book yourself Donington Park on Sunday 16th March as a reward...

Go on, do it..... :evil:

172 Race Car

id love too but cant for two reasons.

1, lack of funds now
2, Me and my Girlfriend are both off that weekend (we work shifts and dont always have weekends together) and ive promised myself that im gonna spend some time with her. Im lucky she is still here after the amount of time ive spent on the car.