ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where the repair cost should have gone!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

As most of you know i was the victim of a violent crime recently resulting in £1100 worth of damage to my car. After thinking it through i decided to pay it out myself and save my no-claims bonus as i plan to get a Vee in a few years so ill need all the NCB i can get!!!

I was lining up a group-buy for H&R coilovers with Lawrence, so this is how the car would have looked...ish:( Should be able to afford them by the end of the summer now, cant wait for Fred to attack my car with the angle grinder and bin my arch liners.;)

The only saving grace is that while the car is in the bodyshop, im having Mk2 sidestrips and a Mk2 rear bumper sprayed and fitted.:D

--chris

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52%20AOO/6c0a8406.jpg

its gets better by the day... unfortunate accident, but with what you said above, should be the nicest RS-1 in the club imo....

oh and dont forget our "deal" ;)

/Dan.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 17 June 2005

its gets better by the day... unfortunate accident, but with what you said above, should be the nicest RS-1 in the club imo....

oh and dont forget our "deal" ;)

/Dan.
cheers Dan!

ill get the bodyshop to save the Mk1 items...;)

thanks again!

--chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

iv got all this to go on when the car is in for repair.:D

so at least some good has come of it!

Thanks to CHRIS172CUP for meeting me, nice to meet you mate...if only for a short time! lol

The car goes it on Monday and i should be picking it up the following week. The guy at the bodyshop was greatly amused by the fact i requested his only Clio as a courtesy car:oops: (shape shape as mine but a 1.2 8v)....should be niiiiice getting back into mine afterwards!:devilish:

--chris

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52%20AOO/b5676334.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

^^yeah...well.....errrrrrr...yknow at least ive got a throttle cable. None of that fly-by-wire crap.;)

Anyways, Mk2s are ten-a-penny.

--chris

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

hummm...mk3 bumber on a mk2...

I like ur car as it is dude, wouldnt change it.

Weeman sucks ****

Glad to be of service mate, nice to meet you and sorry for staying around for much longer. Had to get back to work lol.

How ironic though, I got back to near work sitting in traffic at a round about and my cars life flashed before me, not to mention what might have happened to me! Some idiot came off the round about looking behind him and was heading towards me at about 40 mph! I REALLY dont know how he missed me and the car behind me sitting in the cue??! He would have taken my car off the road for sure!

Hope the bodywork goes to plan mate.

LY182/NHB CTR

hope there is a happy end to this story as too many clios have been damaged in the last month.. :(

looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing about the big smile on your face when you get your baby back and shes as good as new.. :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 18 June 2005

Glad to be of service mate, nice to meet you and sorry for staying around for much longer. Had to get back to work lol.

How ironic though, I got back to near work sitting in traffic at a round about and my cars life flashed before me, not to mention what might have happened to me! Some idiot came off the round about looking behind him and was heading towards me at about 40 mph! I REALLY dont know how he missed me and the car behind me sitting in the cue??! He would have taken my car off the road for sure!

Hope the bodywork goes to plan mate.

:eek:

thats ridiculous! I bet he was a sales rep in a Vectra...they seem to AIM for me.:mad:

I got home at 6.45!!.....traffic was shocking alllllll the way home. Ah well, itll be worth it when i pick it up from the bodyshop.:D

thanks again.

--chris

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

OOoo yes get those pics up - Love this car, really really like the black 172s too.

Infact when I was thinking of getting a 172 I was going to get the same colour as you and transfer my silver willy wheels onto it - Dont know of anyone whod done that yet. :D

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by carbon copy on 17 June 2005

^^yeah...well.....errrrrrr...yknow at least ive got a throttle cable. None of that fly-by-wire crap.;)

Anyways, Mk2s are ten-a-penny.

--chris

They are ten a penny. Because more were bought because they look nicer.:p:D

Pah, cables schmables... antiquated system if you ask me...;)

Wheels look lovely btw..:cool:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

The mk1 matey - I wanted a silver mk1 172 - the willy wheels just bolt straight on - woul look good nice and low I reckon!

infact I feel a photoshop coming on...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 18 June 2005

The mk1 matey - I wanted a silver mk1 172 - the willy wheels just bolt straight on - woul look good nice and low I reckon!

infact I feel a photoshop coming on...
someone has already done it mate!

saw it at FCS....looks meannnnnnn!...........i think gunmetal willy wheels would look even better though;)

--chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

cheers dean.

this time next week you will be looking at a Clio 172 Mk1.5.:D

i decided to get the front bumper sprayed too as its looking a bit worse for wear due to stonechips!:oops:

In a week....shell be PERFECT.

--chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by cliomadness on 19 June 2005

I cant wait to see the pictures when its done mate!

Which bodyshop are you using?
a local one, but its a fairly big outfit. When i went to book it in the had a Cayenne Turbo in the spray booth, and i know the quality is spot-on!

cant wait now.

--chris

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

what are they doin about this jealous prick. who has seen the tv show "eye foe an eye" basicly if i break your window you take me to this cout and ull obviously win and you get to break like two of mine. well good justice. you should do to his face what he dont to your pride and joy

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

thanks everyone.

i pick my car up on Friday.

Im taking him to court. both through the criminal justci system and civil...

--chris