ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 3.0

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Today I changed the headlight switch front cover. Some kind guy on Facebook sent me it for free, didn't even want postage money either which was so nice of him. Its the non Xenon unit so there is now a dial that does nothing but it really doesn't bother me.

Today I also fitted silver side repeater bulbs
New osram 6k Xenon bulbs

On the way I have:

Polybush rear drop link bushes
Meyles HD front drop links
Powerflex front arb bushes
Powerflex rear arb bushes
New aerial base so I can fit my stubby aerial

I need:

Some leather cleaner
Some hood cleaner
Wheels balancing
A good detail, clay and machine polish etc

All in all I'm absolutely loving it, it just feels "right" to drive. It's really well balanced and the power is perfect. Averaging 31mpg which I can't complain about as its permanently in sport mode.

IMG_20190324_123152.jpg
IMG_20190324_124805.jpg
IMG_20190324_191214.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Today was sponsored by milwaukee, made the work involved a million times easier and quicker that's for sure

IMG_20190330_131112.jpg

So I made my way through the bush replacements today

I've changed the front and rear arb for black series powerflex
Changed the rear drop links with polybushed bushes and the fronts for meyles HD drop links.

Managed to absolutely shatter the dick out of the rear drop link so bombed off to euros for some replacements ??

Removed the droplinks using this handy little bast again

IMG_20190330_130850.jpg

New ones fitted

IMG_20190330_150807.jpg

And the broken boi

IMG_20190330_131116.jpg

IMG_20190330_132508.jpg

Cut myself a on something else but its just ok

IMG_20190330_172320.jpg

I then fitted a stubby aerial and new base

IMG_20190330_182327.jpg
IMG_20190330_183112.jpg

Yet to drive the car with the upgraded bushes so I can't comment on what it's improved just yet.

It's been so nice to get stuck into another project

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the likes guys. Nice to see the appreciation.

Today @leeds2592 came around as we were working on his car then he helped me clean the z4. Was the fastest clean ever but managed to clay the car and chuck 1 layer of af triple on it. Needs machine polishing but I figured it was time to stick some clean pics up. Needless to say I'm over the moon with it. It's getting on for the best car I've owned for sure. It just does everything I want from a car, is fastish, looks good imo and drives awesome.

I want to machine polish it next and clean all of the interior

IMG_20190331_193830.jpg
IMG_20190331_193908.jpg
IMG_20190331_193849.jpg
IMG_20190331_193931.jpg
IMG_20190331_193959.jpg
IMG_20190331_194023.jpg
IMG_20190331_194041.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Lovely. Real shame it’s not got heated seats, most seem to.

I’m on the lookout for one for the other half and it has to be the 3.0, nothing else makes sense unless you push the boat way out for the z4m

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707 how do you tell the difference between an si engine and none si. They are both n52b30, I'm worried about the potential of picking up a 2006 and someone just sticking the wing badge on.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer you are right, however they both share the same engine codes according to wiki, just different power. So maybe someone could pass off a 2006 with a 3.0 lower powered engine as an si by just sticking the badges on if that makes sense.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yer you are right, however they both share the same engine codes according to wiki, just different power. So maybe someone could pass off a 2006 with a 3.0 lower powered engine as an si by just sticking the badges on if that makes sense.

Engine visibly looks different mate. Silver cover etc

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
@Rob that's what I thought.

So this car is advertised as an si but it has the silver cover so it's not got the right engine?

I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
Silver is the facelift cover.

However I’ve just realised that I’m being full r****d.

The car is either a facelift, or it’s not. That is 100% a facelift.

Front lights, bumper, rear lights and bumper. All different to non facelift.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so now I'm confused lol. I have seen some cars with a black cover that are also facelift.

So from what I understand any facelift z4 3.0 will be an si?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I found it confusing aswell @Rojer. A hpi check will show you si or not. The n52 only seems to have the silver coloured engine cover in 2006. After that it’s a black cover

A mate of mine had one a while back

There’s a really simple mod that increases the intake sound in the car

Sounds epic after

Tiny bit of sound deadening

Just if you’re interested might be worth a google search
Enjoy the car!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
A mate of mine had one a while back

There’s a really simple mod that increases the intake sound in the car

Sounds epic after

Tiny bit of sound deadening

Just if you’re interested might be worth a google search
Enjoy the car!

Thanks mate, thts the jobby. I did that the other day and it sounds unreal. Properly lovely sounding engine.

Mental. What's better than being toasty warm with the roof off, especially on cool evenings !!

Looks alright otherwise :ROFLMAO:
I'm northern, I am always hot anyway ?????‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted a new smaller front plate and removed the holder from behind.

Recently done a drive down to Cornwall and got 42mpg which is just insane from a 3.0 6 pot. That's not taking it steady either as my wheels need balancing and vibrate at 70

IMG_20190503_105618.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I have nothing else to report other than I've just been driving it a lot, roof down all the time unless it's pissing it down.

The Facebook groups are good and helpful and contain lots of old men standing in front of their car posing which I find a bit weird.

I'm loving it, I genuinely am and it feels like the grown up version of the mx5 with more refinement and power but it doesn't egg you to get the back end out which is a shame. The sound of the engine is still addictive as ever.

I need to do some programming as I want some features enabling.

Have some photos...

Colleagues in the background of one of them after go karting . Hahah

IMG_20190504_125140.jpg
IMG_20190515_205851_1.jpg
IMG_20190515_205845.jpg
IMG_20190515_205931.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I have nothing else to report other than I've just been driving it a lot, roof down all the time unless it's pissing it down.

The Facebook groups are good and helpful and contain lots of old men standing in front of their car posing which I find a bit weird.

I'm loving it, I genuinely am and it feels like the grown up version of the mx5 with more refinement and power but it doesn't egg you to get the back end out which is a shame. The sound of the engine is still addictive as ever.

I need to do some programming as I want some features enabling.

Have some photos...

Colleagues in the background of one of them after go karting . Hahah

View attachment 1418890View attachment 1418895View attachment 1418896View attachment 1418897
You wanna take some pictures in daylight ?

Or buy a tripod and learn to do night photos hah ..

:ROFLMAO:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
They’re very nice cars, reliable too.

Have you done much to it? I’ve had an inspection 2 and wheel alignment done at an Indy. Weighted gearknob and cdv too. Will also be doing gearbox oil.

Not sure if you have any issues but not sure if ours is lowered. It does feel very low at the front.
CB214DF1-EC78-4A29-9C1D-F0FCE6CCDC57.jpeg