ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 3.0

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
My god I am excited to pick it up tomorrow. Finish work at 1 and its gonna be the slowest day ever ?

First mod will be the bmw badge for the steering wheel
Then gear knob :D sexeeehh

Can't wait

I'm pretty excited writing this, i'm picking this up Friday after viewing it last night and falling in love with it.

Specs are:

Facelift model
3.0 6 cylinder engine (265bhp)
Red leather interior (just incase you missed it)
Sat nav with TV
Xenons

It drove so well and I can't wait to have a fairly fast car for summer. I had an MX-5 last year for summer which was just amazing with the roof down but it needed a bit more oompf, figured 120bhp more might cover it.

It needs some scratches polishing out but other than that it's in excellent condition.

I know the leather won't be for everyone but I genuinely love it.

Plans are:

• not to f**king turbo it.
  • needs a new gear knob
Big thanks to @Rob too for helping me with his advice.

Thanks and kind regards,
Daniel

View attachment 1408066View attachment 1408067View attachment 1408068View attachment 1408069View attachment 1408070View attachment 1408071
Just reminded me I need a haircut ?

Reactions: Gus

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Let's do some

M
O
D
S

Hahaha had it a day or 2

Its amazing, the sound is so good. The exhaust is too boomy and that's going back to standard when I get around to it

I've ordered :

Front wishbone rear powerflex bushes (feel a bit sloppy)

Zhp gear knob as recommended by @Rob

Gaptech module (allows the roof to go down and up with the key fob, and also allows one touch opening and closing of the roof)

Steering wheel button

And going to be replacing the gear stick and handbrake gaiter as they are tacky

It needs some interior bits too ie the dipped beam switch surround, cup holder is glued on so need that too.

Fog lights have some water in them too

This feels like the car for me :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It looks good there mate! Much better than the advert pics!

What bushes have you ordered? For the front, standard meylee HD lollipops are fine (IME). Ant and I changed my RTAB’s for Powerflex, but it’s a real prick of a job and shouldn’t be necessary at your miles.

Thanks for tagging me, you reminded me I’d ordered a zhp from my neighbour (works for bmw) and I had to drop the cash up.

Good shout on the gaptech, I loved mine. Cup holders are rare, but I found some through a breaker as forum prices are lofty!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Gone for these, may aswell just post a screenshot tbh ?

What's an rta? Presumably b is for Bush

In all honesty I just want something to cover up the gap that's there now, so if it's not a cup holder I don't mind.

I have no idea what's happened to some of the plastics I mentioned, almost looks like someone's acetone on them and they're blistering on some bits.

Pretty minging haha

I'll try get some better pics tomorrow

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks much better above.

How much did you end up paying if you dont mind saying? As said in other thread, these have really held their money well.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Gone for these, may aswell just post a screenshot tbh ?

What's an rta? Presumably b is for Bush

In all honesty I just want something to cover up the gap that's there now, so if it's not a cup holder I don't mind.

I have no idea what's happened to some of the plastics I mentioned, almost looks like someone's acetone on them and they're blistering on some bits.

Pretty minging haha

I'll try get some better pics tomorrow
View attachment 1409016

Sorry dude, rear trailing arm bushes. I had a clonk when swinging from side to side. They are quite rare to go I think, but it'd done nearly 150k. I would advise against ever changing them unless you need to!

As for the fronts, if you want to improve it 10 fold, I'd just buy and fit this:

If you really search you can find the whole kit cheaper, but that will totally revive the front end and it's a lovely easy fit yourself job.

Oh and regarding the cup holder, you can get blanks, they're readily available.

Get some more pics up you tart. I really miss mine.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Meyle HD stuff is awesome, is a pity it's not always available for vehicles.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Nice purchase mate. I owned a Z4 Coupe 3.0 sport in exactly the same colour combination. Engine was silky smooth and sounded great (you can remove some foam from the pipe that synthesises the sound into the cabin which makes it sound really good). Had it on anthracite CSL wheels, H & R springs and black kidney grilles. Looked epic but everyone called it the bat mobile. Enjoy mate (y)

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8

I personally think they look epic on these wheels too. Between these and the CSL’s you can’t go wrong IMHO

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Do people honestly think they look good? I'm not sure if I'm being trolled haha. Or are they the bmw turini equivalent? I honestly see nothing special about them at all

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Do people honestly think they look good? I'm not sure if I'm being trolled haha. Or are they the bmw turini equivalent? I honestly see nothing special about them at all
Lol yeah they are the turini equivalent TBF

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Beautiful car that and in the best colour combo! Now hope for some warm dry weather!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
See I think they make you realise how old the car is, because the wheels are such a modern design. Agree with the 5 spokes or CSL wheels.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted the new gaiters and new gearknob

Also sorted out the aux input as that was hanging loose so made it look neater

Found a cup holder behind the driver side vent just fallen behind it.

Found ANOTHER cup holder but a brand new one in the box. I like to think the previous owner pushed the driver side one behind the dash, completely forgot about it the next day and bought another one as he had no idea where it went ??

Fitted the gap tech module to allow one button opening and roof opening with the remote. Lovely.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted new powerflex rear trailing arm bushes and front wishbone rear bushes (again powerflex)

It went really well armed with the universal bush removal tool.

About to take it for a drive to get some mother f**king celebration steak.

Overall about 4 hours in total which isn't too bad I don't think.

IMG_20190316_110009.jpg
IMG_20190316_111643.jpg
IMG_20190316_113417.jpg
IMG_20190316_153146.jpg
IMG_20190316_153325.jpg
IMG_20190316_163551.jpg