ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 3.0

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty excited writing this, i'm picking this up Friday after viewing it last night and falling in love with it.

Specs are:

Facelift model
3.0 6 cylinder engine (265bhp)
Red leather interior (just incase you missed it)
Sat nav with TV
Xenons

It drove so well and I can't wait to have a fairly fast car for summer. I had an MX-5 last year for summer which was just amazing with the roof down but it needed a bit more oompf, figured 120bhp more might cover it.

It needs some scratches polishing out but other than that it's in excellent condition.

I know the leather won't be for everyone but I genuinely love it.

Plans are:

• not to f**king turbo it.
  • needs a new gear knob

Big thanks to @Rob too for helping me with his advice.

Thanks and kind regards,
Daniel

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How very odd I was just looking at these on eBay, weird.

Drove one years ago, epic cars.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Super fast in a straight line, they really are.
Always liked them but space meant I never had one.
Still like the newer shape ones now as well.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Glad you found one Northerner.

Gear knob, you want a weighted ZHP. There’s a forum bmw dealer that sorts a bit of discount. Look up my old thread if you want many details/ideas.

Spec wise, you missed multi function steering wheel (good option).

Also that’s a weird ass exhaust tip?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you found one Northerner.

Gear knob, you want a weighted ZHP. There’s a forum bmw dealer that sorts a bit of discount. Look up my old thread if you want many details/ideas.

Spec wise, you missed multi function steering wheel (good option).

Also that’s a weird ass exhaust tip?
Haha well thanks to your last comment I read it as I was drifting off last night and dreamt I was stuck inside an exhaust ???????

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Welcome to BMW Club!

Plans are:
  • not to f**king turbo it.
  • needs a new gear knob
Might i suggest a few amendments to your list?

In no particular order.

Remove car from Midlands
Put OEM badge on steering wheel
Buy ZHP gearknob
Clean leather with Liquid Leather or similar
Remove replica wheels, fit OEM ones, i like the BBS 108's
Fit decent tyres. FOUR DIFFERENT BRANDS ffs. Boto Vantage, Radar, Landsail & Ditchwell, i mean come on :ROFLMAO:
Give it a service, judging by the tyres, it wont have been done properly - air/pollen filters and spark plugs are cheap & easy, oil a little harder.
Check the brake pipes have actually been sorted (it failed on them recently)
Fit standard exhaust
ESS VT1 Supercharger: https://esstuning.com/ess-n52-vt1-supercharger-system-gen-2/

That should keep you occupied for a bit (y)

Big fan of these. My dad's had one for the last ten years so I've driven it regularly. It's surprisingly quick too and keeps up with machinery that you wouldn't expect. The noise is lovely too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Welcome to BMW Club!

Might i suggest a few amendments to your list?

In no particular order.

Remove car from Midlands
Put OEM badge on steering wheel
Buy ZHP gearknob
Clean leather with Liquid Leather or similar
Remove replica wheels, fit OEM ones, i like the BBS 108's
Fit decent tyres. FOUR DIFFERENT BRANDS ffs. Boto Vantage, Radar, Landsail & Ditchwell, i mean come on :ROFLMAO:
Give it a service, judging by the tyres, it wont have been done properly - air/pollen filters and spark plugs are cheap & easy, oil a little harder.
Check the brake pipes have actually been sorted (it failed on them recently)
Fit standard exhaust
ESS VT1 Supercharger: https://esstuning.com/ess-n52-vt1-supercharger-system-gen-2/

That should keep you occupied for a bit (y)

On this note @dann2707 I may actually have the perfect set of wheels for you.

Basically, I have a split set of 108's sitting around, four wheels, all with all 20 bolts removed, and none snapped. These days, when you try to remove the titanium bolts from the alloy wheels, the two have somewhat fused and bolts snap. So often when trying to refurb them, people ruin them, or end up refurbing together.

I spent a fortune procuring 4 perfect wheels and never got to do anything with them. So I have a full staggered 18" set, they just need a cheap powdercoat job and bolting back together...

Then when it comes to tyres, a bloke called Mr Wilks on the forum (very nice man) is THE guy for amazing sets of part worns, no idea where they come from, but they're very impressive.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Gotta be a coupe for me but still a lovely car. Love the red interior too, I originally wanted silver grey + red interior when I got my Z4M.

These still look so fresh for an ‘old’ car.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Gotta be a coupe for me but still a lovely car. Love the red interior too, I originally wanted silver grey + red interior when I got my Z4M.

These still look so fresh for an ‘old’ car.

Yeah agreed, mental to think that the oldest ones are 16 year old cars now! 16 bloody years!

Much prefer the wheels on Dan's Z4 to those @Rob

That's because you're young, and ill informed. One day you'll get it.

I don't think Dan's shoddy pictures help things... so I hope new pictures will change my mind!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
That's because you're young, and ill informed. One day you'll get it.

I don't think Dan's shoddy pictures help things... so I hope new pictures will change my mind!
Young and know what looks good? ;)

Most people my age would have stuck some Bola B1's on there because they lick windows

Yeah I'm not sure about that. I'll end up welding the twin tips on I reckon.

He said that it had a stainless steel system fitted at some point. Wasn't really sure when tho

Ah ok, as long as he isn’t pulling a fast one and saying it’s a 3.0 when it’s a 2.0! It sets alarm bells ringing that it has fancy wheels and aftermarket M sport badges

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
but surely that'd mean Dan was fooled into buying a 2.0??

I'm sure he looked under the bonnet at some point?

but surely that'd mean Dan was fooled into buying a 2.0??

I'm sure he looked under the bonnet at some point?

Well you never know. I had a mate that bought a Leon Cupra thinking it was an R. Yes it had all the right badges, wheels and interior but as he popped the hood I spotted a single intercooler hose and K03S stamped on the turbo. He was a bit upset when I told him it was a replica.

Fingers crossed this BM is a bona fide 3.0 though!