ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

YozzaSport Bilstein Race Coilovers

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixy on 10 September 2005
fred did you get any results of the yozzasport induction kit that was on here a month or so ago?

[Edited by phoenixy on 10 September 2005 at 1:03am]

afraid not, weve been SO busy with the 2 demo cars the past few weeks, we havent had chance!!! weve got to map the 182 demo on sunday, so if we have time well give it a crack

Golf R/Leon FR

fair dos dude

thats ok im skint and unemployed at the mo at least i wont spend any more money on my credit card!!!!!!
any jobs at yozzasport?!!!!!! lol

[Edited by phoenixy on 10 September 2005 at 1:14am]

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Alan_C on 10 September 2005
Any news on the custom rear springs for the guys who already have coilovers fred?

were waiting for Eibach to deliver, bloody germans

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by MiniCooper1380 on 10 September 2005

Bilstein B14 PSS coilover is available for Clio 172; The code is HE5 8775.
I thought they stopped making these or there are only about 5 sets left?i think there identical to the h&rs,bilstein use h&r springs,h&r use bilstein dampers

Lionel Richie

they will not be cheaper than the Leda kit that Gary is sorting. They are a totally different set up though, so will be more expensive.

the PSS9 kit is again different, uses different damper design, athough some of the springs are the same.

the 172 kit was only a run of 10, Yoz has 1 of those on his car, its pretty good. even that kit though used steel bodies and not aluninium casing.

Renault Clio RS ph2

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 10 September 2005

I thought they stopped making these or there are only about 5 sets left?i think there identical to the h&rs,bilstein use h&r springs,h&r use bilstein dampers
Bilstein said me that: "This kit was not available for a few months and at the moment we also dont have it in stock. But beginning
of August 2005 it will be available again and you can order it also in Italy."

Yes bilstein use H&R spring but I dont Know is H&R use Bilstein dampers!

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 10 September 2005
Bet youre hoping they come in cheaper than the LEDA kit ..

no we arent is the simple answer as it is much different product to the leda product - a MONOTUBE damper rather that a twin tube like the Leda and all the other coilovers on the market at the moment.

For reference - the Bilstein 172 Coilover is different to the H&R kit, even tho the dampers are made by bilstein - 11 sets were made by bilstein for RSport - Radbourne - one of these kits is on my cup - to buy that kit, you would have to go through Rsport I would expect.

The 172 kit we are having made is going to be almost identical to our 182 Kit with the monotube damper, damper adjustability, choice of spring and camber slotted etc - just with the alternative bolt spacing.

Will be providing full technical details and pricing as the site goes live.

Thanks,

/y0z

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 10 September 2005

Bilstein said me that: "This kit was not available for a few months and at the moment we also dont have it in stock. But beginning
of August 2005 it will be available again and you can order it also in Italy."

Yes bilstein use H&R spring but I dont Know is H&R use Bilstein dampers!
Hillpower used to use the bilstein coilover kit and now use the h&rs and nick reckoned the dampers are the same

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

would have thought so matty, it will be the bilstein sprintline shock set... they are uprated over their sport damper and offer very good fixed damping.

general note... these are nothing like the ones pictured on page 1

Andy

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 10 September 2005

would have thought so matty, it will be the bilstein sprintline shock set... they are uprated over their sport damper and offer very good fixed damping.

general note... these are nothing like the ones pictured on page 1

Andy
No andy the spec of the ones pictured are far greater than the h&rs ive got but there still a good kit for the money

Have you tested them out on the track yet andy ?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

oh hell yeah, the h&rs are bloody excellent... i love them and currently rate in my top 3 shock sets up, in terms of value vs performance.

not tested yet... thats tomorrow... got a shake down session for the 182 at donny.

i have tested them on the roads around work and after some basic settings with fred yesterday can report that they are awesome...

damping response is amazing... the grip it gives you is considerably more due to the wheels not breaking contact so fast and cornering control allowed me yesterday to carry extra speed into some well known corners.

i have it at the min setting on damping currently, so might come down in spring rate and then overdamp for track use.... will see monday

182cup

A good idea would be some suggested settings for road and track as they do for some vx220 suspension upgrades as most people would not have a clue

Quote: Originally posted by mark.cup on 11 September 2005
A good idea would be some suggested settings for road and track as they do for some vx220 suspension upgrades as most people would not have a clue

All being done ;-)

Quote: Originally posted by Paul J on 11 September 2005
Just out of interest, have you weighted them alongside the standard set-up????

as fred said, we havent had time to do all that yet, but it is going to be done once we have Tuners GP out the way.

/y0z

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

been testing today.....

simply awesome...

the adjustability makes all the difference.

road use, run them on low.... few clicks up... handling transformed to a useable track car.

Andy