ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your home AV Setups!!

i can join in now
sony strdg820
31740.jpg

and a pair of
tangent clarity 4's
pic_143.jpg

FFS I told myself I wasn't going to do it, but I've already got the upgrade bug again.

Thinking of changing my trusty old Denon AVR2802 for a Yamaha DSP-AX863SE, and my Yamaha SW320 sub, for something a bit tighter and more punchy. Not much reason to do it other than that I just want to lol :(

tiTTy & SV650
My mate has a ridiculous setup, he seems to be forever selling old kit for £500 plus a time and spending thousands, currently a full 7.1 setup with bluray and 50" pioneer plasma.

I intend to lay some speaker wire before I put the edging on my living room floor ro allow a 5.1 setup, gonna get an LCD tv and an xbox 360 to stream media to it. Not exactly top of the range lol

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Already posted my stuff on pages 1 & 2 Finished this one yesterday in a demo room of a large IT company (boring spec below)
We had to build the wall out so the screens can be flush mounted
They were then installed on canter lever brackets for access and power and electrics
Installed 2 x 52” Sony 1080 LCD 1 x 32LCD 1 x 42 Plasma framed the screens to give a nice flush feeling
Running this is an AMX Cat5 Full HD video distribution system

Ceiling speakers/AMP/DVD etc

They can play any source up to 4 x VGA / DVD/TV to any of the 4 screens we installed via any browser on even remotely.
Also Cisco IP phone system / 2 Wyse micro computers / touch screen PC with phone for IP calls / 2 laptops / video visualise / projector / custom racking / ventilation and custom furniture / new ceiling / lighting/ electrics and lots of other bits....
ans1.jpg

ans2.jpg

ans3.jpg

ans4.jpg

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive not long upgraded from my last post

New onkyo 606 , Optoma hd700x PJ , tannoy mercury F4's + new stand

setup.jpg

Trophy #267
Samsung LE37R87 LCD connected via Component & Optical to
Sony 1200ES AV AMP
Xbox 360 Elite (in white case ;) ) via HDMI & Optical
Xbox1 Running XBMC 8.10 Atlantis in 720p with video playback in 720p which acts as MythTV frontend to server in loft which record Fressat via DVB-S and also a media centre to mp3 + xvid on lan connected via component + coaxial audio (diy mod) to AV amp
Wharfedale Valdus Centre
Aiwa Fronts from an old system
Mission stance Speaker stands
Mission 731 surrounds
Wharfedale SW150 Sub

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
So you got 2-3K of stuff seemingly 5ft from the pavement? :)

And in a 7ft living room. I'm sorry, nice as the kit is you seem to be compensating...

I got a top of the range 32" screen as it's a reasonable size for the room it's in. You've got a room that looks smaller than my living room, and the TV dwarfs it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I collected the Denon 1909 this morning and it is a awesome piece of equipment but the manual was a nightmare. Setup went fairly smoothly and the amp comes with a mic to measure speaker output for the room. 6 individual areas of the room had to be fully monitored including the main listening space, the results are very impressive. A superb amp and a huge improvement over my 8 year old Sony amp it replaces. The PS3 BD soundtracks are amazing now :)

And in a 7ft living room. I'm sorry, nice as the kit is you seem to be compensating...

I got a top of the range 32" screen as it's a reasonable size for the room it's in. You've got a room that looks smaller than my living room, and the TV dwarfs it.

TBH no. I've yet to see a room that looks great with a 32". That size was perfect in 2001. I've a got a small lounge, and my 42" already looks normal TBH.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
FFS I told myself I wasn't going to do it, but I've already got the upgrade bug again.

Thinking of changing my trusty old Denon AVR2802 for a Yamaha DSP-AX863SE, and my Yamaha SW320 sub, for something a bit tighter and more punchy. Not much reason to do it other than that I just want to lol :(

excellent choice of amp that mate:D got an award in what hi-fi as amp of the year:approve: will sound alot better than the avr2802. i recently upgraded my amp from a avr3802 to a rxv-1800 and you can clearly hear the difference in sound:D

172 cup
Sony 1200ES AV AMP
Xbox1 Running XBMC 8.10 Atlantis in 720p with video playback in 720p which acts as MythTV frontend to server in loft which record Fressat via DVB-S and also a media centre to mp3 + xvid on lan connected via component + coaxial audio (diy mod) to AV amp
Wharfedale Valdus Centre
Mission 731 surrounds
Wharfedale SW150 Sub

Children in fecking need stickers on your lcd??
please explain..

Fabia vRS
Sony 1200ES AV AMP
Wharfedale Valdus Centre
Mission 731 surrounds
Wharfedale SW150 Sub

since when are original xbox's hd?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get all this enormous front speaker malarky tbh.

Mine measure about 200mm top to bottom, are tucked away and have no problem whatsoever filling to an adequate standard a 20ft x 17ft lounge.

Or am I really missing something? Big is the way forwards?

I don't get all this enormous front speaker malarky tbh.

Or am I really missing something? Big is the way forwards?

It's mostly about the dynamic range. No matter what happens with technology, you simply can't produce low frequencies without moving air. The bigger boxes are usually able to priduce waves in much lower frequencies (bass) than the smaller boxes. Most systems now have a sub which takes care of bass duties. The problem here is that you often get a hole in the mid range. Either that or the sub won't be able to produce true LFE (low frequency effects).

With big box high quality speakers, the sub only has to take care of LFE, not the mid range and lower frequencies. The end result is lots of punch, slam, and planet shaking LFE effects that a small speaker/sub combo simply can't reproduce as well as big boxes. Some of the small speaker/sub pacakges now do sound pretty bloody good, but they'll never match the impact and agility of a big box system. Everything's relative of course. Similarly, a very very powerful amplifier isn't all about volume - to deliver impact when the soundtrack demands, an amp needs lots of power in reserve.

excellent choice of amp that mate:D got an award in what hi-fi as amp of the year:approve: will sound alot better than the avr2802. i recently upgraded my amp from a avr3802 to a rxv-1800 and you can clearly hear the difference in sound:D

Do you know if the Yamaha has A+B sets of posts for the mains? I currently bi-wire using both sets of posts on my Denon, but I don't see much point in bi-wiring off a single set of posts.

Trophy #267
Never mind it looks like a dump :S
lol thankyou for you kind words !
Yes front room generally looks like a tip as I have an 8 month old child who likes nothing better than pulling all the dvd's from the cabinet. I'll make an effort to tidy up before taking pics in the future and god help if your some ocd merchant as you'll probably end up having your kids adopted !
Children in need sucker things were there from child #1 (currently 8yr) altho Paul RN will probably dissaprove of him as well

XB1 when connected to a component cable and in ntsc mode quite happily enables al hd modes upto 1080i and most games support then naturally :)

Cupra
That's awesome, never knew these existed! How much would one of these set me back, and how do they work?

Around 100 pounds i guess. It uses bluetooth and you can browse through the entire mp3 collection on the screen of the remote, make play lists and also play internet radio. I got it cheaper in an online auction but it does not really work very well at the minute as i had to move my pc onto the second floor and it does not travel through the concrete so well. Nice gadget though.

I've got a 50inch Samsung Plasma 1080
Kef Kit 100 Surround system - Have to say best system I've ever had.
Linked to a PS3 for HD/BluRay
Sky

P1010144.gif

Audi TT 225 Quattro
^^Ignore that. Just downloaded the pdf. Yes it has A+B zone mains. I wasn't sure if this was still common these days.

yeah they have A+B zones but you knew that anyway;) one thing i do like is the fact that you can bi-amp the fronts (in 5.1) by using the 2 rear surround back channels (sbl-sbr) :D

Trophy #267
also, no centre front ?
Also see a lot of front L+R speakers very close to the tv. You not think that makes the whole front image too 'close' ?
Liking what appears to be the fruit machine internals tho :)

also, no centre front ?
Also see a lot of front L+R speakers very close to the tv. You not think that makes the whole front image too 'close' ?
Liking what appears to be the fruit machine internals tho :)

Kit 100 doesn't have a centre the two speakers fire off around the room to create a surround effect - i have actually pulled them out from their since the pic was taken.

Yep - old fruit machine! :approve:

clio 1.2 16v,
hear is my bedroom its a project atm needs repainting new carpet. new laptop is the post :) on the way to my local dixons :p

so far

26" bush id hd tv wall mounted
phillips 200w home cinema kit.
hd dvd player
xbox 360
hi-grade tower with sony 17" lcd screen
toshiba hd laptop,
dell stuido 1737 bluray laptop.
logitec ipod docking station
logitec ipod sub working with pc aswell
leds everywhere :)
garmin widescreen sat nac :)
and soem lil comp bits

and im nearly 18 :) im pretty please jsut got to hide a few more wires. expand my dvd collection and paint my room now :)

HPIM1253.jpg

HPIM1254.jpg

HPIM1255.jpg

HPIM1257.jpg

HPIM1258.jpg

HPIM1259.jpg

yeah they have A+B zones but you knew that anyway;) one thing i do like is the fact that you can bi-amp the fronts (in 5.1) by using the 2 rear surround back channels (sbl-sbr) :D

Actually no I didn't know that. I'd read in some random spec list that it didn't support multi-zone, which didn't sound right at all. Downloaded the pdf and confirmed that it does have A+B :) Yeah I also spotted the bi-amping feature. If I get one though, I'll probably just use both sets of front posts and bi-wire.

i can join in now
sony strdg820
31740.jpg

and a pair of
tangent clarity 4's
pic_143.jpg

What do you make of that amp Mike? I'm toying with upgrading mine now I've got the room to run more than a pair of speakers off my aging Yamaha. Not to mention the multiple HDMI feeds tidying up the mess of cables from the xbox and ps3 etc.

A shiny black one.
106893.jpg

I have the above speakers Mission Elan e Series + the Amp below Pioneer VSX-LX51
vsxlx51_front_gallery.jpg

PS3 + Toshiba 42 inch Regza Z series LCD and Sky +.