ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your home AV Setups!!

The lounge.

2445824324a6748121344o.jpg

Panasonic PX60
Panasonic DVD
Pioneer AMP (not in the pic)
Has been redecorated since then, mum wanted a fireplace :(

2445824324a7299514497o.jpg

My Bedroom...

Samsung 32"
Cambridge Audio A5
Technics CD Player
XBOX 360
Eltax Floor Standards
PC = Dualscreened with TV :)
Icemat Siberias?

Shhh
Erm...

42" Samsung Plasma sat on a black oval glass tv stand (from eBay) with a Virgin V+ HD box linked to Tv through HDMI cable, with a Samsung 1000w HTZ315-R DVD / Surround system linked through HDMI to the Tv (Samsung Any-net) & an Optical link from the V+ to DVD player / av receiver box providing a good enough sound system for the radio, music on demand, tv, teletubbies, tweenies, football etc..

Picture would be needed i think.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Few people have asked me about my racing seat they are from http://www.visionracer.com/flash/index.html (1 guys makes them all by hand himself in a unit near Liverpool)

Think it was about £700ish inc the Logitech Wheel/Pedals. But he will build them with pedestal etc

If you like car racing games they are very good

home4.JPG

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
PDR_0058.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic
Xbox 360
Tannoy 6.1 speakers with a Paradigm sub upgrade
Dennon AVR 1803
NEC 720P projector at 92" at the min
32" Panasonic CRT TV
My laptop
Thomson PVR
Harmon/Kardon/Microsoft do everything remote

Clio 200 Raider
Pics were only taken with 5 megapixel camera so not the best quality

spare bedroom/game room

PICT0001.gif

PICT0005.gif

Lounge

PICT0008.gif

PICT0010.gif

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Was running this for a few weeks:

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

Then had a problem with the TV, so they agreed a refund. Then I got this:

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Sony KDL40V4000
PS3
PS2
Sky box (with no sky channels lol)
Technics Surround Amp
Kef Speakers

Will be getting a nice 5.1 in new year and Freesat HD in March if F1 is on BBC HD.

Want to add this:

HTSF1300.jpg

Not too bad a bedroom set up whilst at uni.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Some great set ups, my room should be all finished by the end of the week... will get some piccies up!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Very nice setup and that chair is awesome!, where did you get it from and how much?

Thanks mate. We got the chair from Makro a few years ago, can't remember how much for as my Dad got it, but guessing it was on offer as we never really had a need for it lol

1998 BMW e46 323i
...Need a new one, a Br player and better connectivity between all my devices really, want to get the PC involved in it all but not really sure how yet.

I use my PS3 as a hub, sharing pictures, video and audio wirelessly from my laptop with media sharing. Works really well.

My set up aint high end. But does me:

004-1.jpg

Philips 32"
Sony Playstation 3
Sony CD Player (lovely, but never used these days)
Pioneer old school Amp.
Freesat Humax FOXSAT HD
Boggo/pony/pleb spec Acoustic Solutions 5.1 ch surround sound system for HD tv and DVD/BR
Mordant Short speakers for music (not shown).
IKEA book/media shelf.

B

Brown.

Want to add this:

HTSF1300.jpg

Not too bad a bedroom set up whilst at uni.

I have just bought this from play.com, my bro has the same system (sony)....prepare to be amazed!!! hdmi 1080p sound hoooooeeeee!!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I have just bought this from play.com, my bro has the same system (sony)....prepare to be amazed!!! hdmi 1080p sound hoooooeeeee!!!

It has everything I want and will prob need for the next few years, and looks amazing as well.

Will probably wait till Christmas/New Year sales time though as I've got a few things higher on the priority list atm.

Can you add 2 extra speakers via the wireless module thing to make 7.1?

lol @ gtvlew

Fabia vRS
Finally stained my floor!!

Has anybody used Onkyo recievers before?

yes, i have a new onkyo 606.

it is awesome.

every non hdmi input is output via hdmi, so loads less cables going round the room to my projector. any non HD source can be upscaled too. the model i have has 4 hdmi inputs which is quite rare to have this many on most av recievers.

172 Silver Cup
Samsung LE40F8 - Onkyo 605 Black - Onkyo iPod Dock - Xbox 360 - Tannoy FX Black 5.1 - Sky+ HD - Sony BDP-S350

Onkyo Receivers are the best for the price, get What Hi-Fi, win awards in nearly every price category every year.

One question, with the setup I got I am after a remote control for it all (Except Xbox) Any suggestions??

172 Silver Cup
yes, i have a new onkyo 606.

it is awesome.

every non hdmi input is output via hdmi, so loads less cables going round the room to my projector. any non HD source can be upscaled too. the model i have has 4 hdmi inputs which is quite rare to have this many on most av recievers.

Very Nice, wish I had waited! Could do with a few more HDMI inputs!

Fabia vRS
Samsung LE40F8 - Onkyo 605 Black - Onkyo iPod Dock - Xbox 360 - Tannoy FX Black 5.1 - Sky+ HD - Sony BDP-S350

Onkyo Receivers are the best for the price, get What Hi-Fi, win awards in nearly every price category every year.

One question, with the setup I got I am after a remote control for it all (Except Xbox) Any suggestions??

i have the logitech harmony 1000. awesome remote, but all depends if u are willing to spend nigh on £200 for one.

the logitech harmony one is also supposed to be good but i've never used one.

if the logitech wasn't an option then i would have gone with one of the philips pronto range.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I wouldnt be needing HD, none of the equiptment i use is HD...

Can anyone reccommend a good reciever which has CD/Radio/DAB? built in? Does not necessarily have to be surround sound either, can be 2.1

Fabia vRS
I wouldnt be needing HD, none of the equiptment i use is HD...

Can anyone reccommend a good reciever which has CD/Radio/DAB? built in? Does not necessarily have to be surround sound either, can be 2.1

don't u want to future proof your system though?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Hmmm,

I really do like home audio, it does not necessarily have to be a 2.1 home cinema system.

At the mo, I have two Eltax Front speakers, technics amp and cd separates...

Im looking to upgrade the Eltax to some b&w 601 s2's, and after a good reciever with all the mod cons!!

Hmm!! thanks for the advice guys

Revels Mum & Sister
This was my old Naim one, sold this as I never really used it. Then bought a Rotel setup with a set off B&W 686's then sold this LOL (No piccy)

Just this week gone brought my old Denon 1906 receiver out the loft and bought a set of KEF 1005.2's and purchased a Panasonic TH42PZ85B to replace my 37" Panasonic Plasma. Tied up to a Sky HD box, PS3 and 360. Piccys to come once TV arrives this week

Next plans are for a Optoma projector and screen and stick a sofa where the Naim setup was in the dining room

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

MKIII 138
dont have a photo but got..

PS3 v hdmi + optical
Xbox360 v hdmi + optical
media pc with bd and hddvd v vga
ps2, composite lol.

speakers

B&W CDM NT range (bookshelves) with CNT center and SNT rear.
Vandamme blue pro studio wire bi wire.

501bw.1.jpg

Amp

Denon Avc1se + thx ultra 2 select upgrade dac 16x burrbrown 24bit.

denonavca1srainside.jpg

1_mi_av_AVCA1SEUPG.gif

display

Benq W5000 1080p DLP projector with HQV

benq_w20000_hd_projector.jpg

screen

Ikea tuplar blind nearly 80" = £20 lol (working on that one but it does a fantastic job considering what it is)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/dlp-...calibration-screenshots-technical-issues.html

this is using a tuplar blind on a HD65 dlp projector ^ the benq is a £1700 model vs the £400 HD65 so i get image like the above if not better.

err and of course i have wireless broadband so on xboxlive and ps3 online + web.

other things are my pc is separate to my gaming / movie rig and uses kef eggs and musical fidelity x-ray amp :)

cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
All very impressive stuff...Alot better then mine i'm sure but i just buy the stuff that looks pretty! haha!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
All very impressive stuff...Alot better then mine i'm sure but i just buy the stuff that looks pretty! haha!

im out of your price range but our alan is a cheap boy i hear.

Cupra
dont have a photo but got..

speakers

B&W CDM NT range (bookshelves) with CNT center and SNT rear.
Vandamme blue pro studio wire bi wire.

501bw.1.jpg

Amp

Denon Avc1se + thx ultra 2 select upgrade dac 16x burrbrown 24bit.

denonavca1srainside.jpg

Your neighbours must love you with that lot!

MKIII 138
Your neighbours must love you with that lot!

haha
its a fairly small room. next door neighbour is a hottie but she is a bit of a loud mouth every fri/sat night, tbh were about even in noise

fidelity firewall is 144wpc on the amp but it does do a real 170wpc. speakers are 120wpc to be driven properly so yea.. its about 800w of audio maybe more..

ohh forgot to add i have a 250w KEF subwoofer hehe

GOW2 is fun, the audio isnt that punchy in your chest but the low bass is so tight its actually a bit scary when a frag goes off near you, the speakers are pure 'hi-fi' not geared for cinema 100% as such more multichannel audio but that doesnt matter if you apply thx2ultra processing or cinema EQ

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
haha
its a fairly small room. next door neighbour is a hottie but she is a bit of a loud mouth every fri/sat night, tbh were about even in noise

fidelity firewall is 144wpc on the amp but it does do a real 170wpc. speakers are 120wpc to be driven properly so yea.. its about 800w of audio maybe more..

ohh forgot to add i have a 250w KEF subwoofer hehe

GOW2 is fun, the audio isnt that punchy in your chest but the low bass is so tight its actually a bit scary when a frag goes off near you, the speakers are pure 'hi-fi' not geared for cinema 100% as such more multichannel audio but that doesnt matter if you apply thx2ultra processing or cinema EQ

pmsl! used to wear earphones through my set-up when the little un was in bed.
my ears still ringing from the grenade my brother threw at me.

Revels Mum & Sister
What model sub is the Kef? I must say for the money I am really impressed even out the box with the Kefs 1005.2 package especially for a budget setup. Was awesome fun playing COD last night.

MKIII 138
What model sub is the Kef? I must say for the money I am really impressed even out the box with the Kefs 1005.2 package especially for a budget setup. Was awesome fun playing COD last night.

its a sub from the KHT 2005 range, i managed to buy 2 kef eggs and 1 sub separatley. in truth the kef is outclassed by the rest of the gear seen as the speakers are about £3k in total and amp was close to £3k in total.
however you cant tell ! its a really smooth warm bass, not quite as tight and punchy as id like TBH as i need to make up for the B&W`s laid back nature but its still potent.
at the moment its unplugged as has been mentioned its a bit loud and i feel sorry for the neighbours

:)