ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

youngest 1*2 owner??

RS 172
I was 27 when i got mine. £410 a year with the GF on the policy. Bit expensive, but worth it.

ClioSport 182
im 18 and have a 182 atm. insurance actually went down 50 quid from last year lol, first car was a 106gti..

Does anyone mind the kid from Gibraltar who had one as his first car, swore he wouldn't crash it, then 2 months later procedded to tell us he had written it off lol.

Honda & VW
I had mine when i was 17 on a company fleet policy.

f**k paying over £1k to insure something.

To give you an idea i was paying £1400 on a Corsa Sport 1.4 16v when i started driving, at 21 i think it was when i got my Uk Integra Type R i was paying something like £1100 but was happy to pay that as the car was £9000.

Would never spend that sort of money if the cars value was similar.

Not a 320d
Youd have to be a f**king nob head to pay the prices some insurance companies want at 18/19 for the 172. And what do you do if you get points ? Im looking at about £1k a year now with 3 yrs ncb and 6 points on a god damm 197.

FOOK that for a laugh, id rarther have the money in my back pocket, it is only a car at the end of the day.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I got my first 172 (a ph2) when I finished uni at 21, I had 1yr NCB and FC it was £885. After a year it came down to £720 (on a ph1). 6 months into that year I swapped the policy onto a 225 TT and Bell gave me £49 back. I'm 23 now and my current 172 costs about £675 a year.

So I would just make do with what you have got and get one after uni mate.

clio sport 172
I got mine just after i had turned 18 3,000 still over 2 now but carnt afford to lose money on the car to down grade so just gonna keep it an hope it's cheaper next year!!

26680822.jpg

£3000+ for TPFT? I don't think i will be getting one anytime soon.

PH1 172
i got a 172 cup at 19, changed to LY 182 same year then bought my 197 just after my 20th birthday, 225 at 21 then - all paid for and insured by me!

Not a 320d
I was 27 when i got mine. £410 a year with the GF on the policy. Bit expensive, but worth it.

LOL

Think i was paying just over a grand on my first 1.2 at 17 years old, fronting ftw.

My GT costs me just below £700 a year at 21, 2 years ncb, 6 points. Remember being 18 and wanting a 172 like mad lol so glad i didnt buy one.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
I got mine when i was 17, 19 this year insurance hasnt been that bad, got a mate whos paying 1,400 a year tpft on a saxo vtr!!!

182 & Porsche 986
I got mine when i was 18, insurance wasnt that much more than my 1.2 but its sure has gown down alot now i'm 21.

Whats wrong with having p**n in your favourites?! Redtube is just to the right! Saves typeing them in, always easier when you got your hands on Jolly Roger.

TT 225+
im 19, i could afford one, but i dont want to pay the steep insurance, pocket it, wait until i finish uni, take out a huge loan and buy a LY 200. sorted

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I was 21 when I got my first hot hatch. This was soley for insurance purposes as I was unwilling to pay over £1,000 for insurance.

Never above 25mpg
im 19, i could afford one, but i dont want to pay the steep insurance, pocket it, wait until i finish uni, take out a huge loan and buy a LY 200. sorted

Dont reckon youll have enough debt to cope with? ;)

I got mine this time last year! Steep insurance but WORTH it :D

Was never willing to pay more than I'd previously paid though for insurance so I was happy.

The tax is something I can't justify now. £250 tax for the year on a piddly 2.0 when you could have a pre-2001 car with a mahoosive 5.0 and it'd only be £200 for the year. :nono:

E92 M3
182 for my 19th, know of a guy who had a 197 for his 17th - wonder who insured him :eek:

one of my dads mate just bought his 17 year old brand new 200 cup in white. he havnt even started learn yet

i am hope to get one when i turn 19, my best quote was 1700

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
got mine at 19.

Cost me an extra £500 on top of my 1.2 policy so made sense for me really.

Audi A6
PMSL!

My insurance on a 1.2 @ 19 is £2.3K LOL

How Many cars have you written off to manage that!

I got my 182 at 19 as my 3rd car, wrote off the first one and had 1yrs ncb. Insurance is a tad over £1500.
I basically had the choice of moving out or buying a new car....naturally i chose the latter...ironing is overated anyway!!

weemark

ClioSport Club Member
  197 CUP
Admiral - Me as first driver, mum with 8ncb as second driver and sister(30) with 6ncb 3rd driver - none of them have driven it to date. £1000 excess.