ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Write off to Re birth of A3 LYR **

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Archived Post from old forum

Well i was waiting for sum nice weather to post sum pics of the car all finished, Its been a weird couple of months, I was gutted to miss the FCS, but i guess theyll always be next yr.

So here goes:

Crail early this yr, Nice and shiny.

Crail05.jpg

Then May the 20th the nite before my exam i was hit my a taxi, Not my fault at all, but sh*t happens as they say. After adopting a polo for a month, we decided to keep the clio...

As a few of you know, ive got a driving conviction, well 6point. :oops: Not proud of it, but it left me with little options to get a quicker car at that point in time. Hence the decision to buy bak the car from insurance.

We had a fair battle with the insurace as it was firstly insured under my dads garage, but also in my grans name??!!! Not a good plan but either way i was awarded 5.3k for the car. We bought the car bak for £900 and the repairs cost a little over £1400...If youre good at maths, youll be able to see that ive made a wee profit out of all this.

Anyway this was the sori sight i had to see everyday for a while:

DSC02444.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

Not the nicest sight in the world, but the decision to write the car off was very unjust, There was no chassis damage...well within renault standards! lol. And the only damage other than the whole front geometry, was cosmetic.

With the addition of FKs and a cup spoiler the car was rebuilt, however the first paint job was utter sh*te so it went bak in, its still not perfect, and as a few peeps that hav seen the car in the flesh will agree its a bit dodgy...Hopefully after a few polishes and waxes, itll cum good.

Well heres the finished article, the light may go....may go being the words, not sure yet. Tints on the front windows went in last week, to stop it lookin so van like but apart from that i hope you all like it. Comments welcome and all that, but its kinda how i want it now, lol...so things probably wont get changes.

P.s. Cheers for the 1001 products Alan, for cleaning my car, muchos appreciated.

DSC02629.jpg

DSC02635.jpg

DSC02633.jpg

DSC02638.jpg

Cheers

Ali

Last edited by a moderator:
  Remapped derv Golf

Theyll write a car off if they think the repair costs are more than 60% of the cars worth. These repair centres see insurance companies coming.

I take it you fixed it up yourselfs without using the insurance companies repair centre?

Looks like youve done well out of it though. Looking good.:D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Well yeh, dads boys did most the work, but the paint oven aint finished yet, so we got my sponsers to paint it, while there perfectly capable to do the job, they obvoulsy had a bad day when they painted it first time round. Loads of overspray and reaction.

Renault repair centre wanted 4.070.00 for the repair.

A well built VW

Yeah really nice Ali , cant believe how fcukin low it is

Time to enjoy eh!

Got your old spoiler on and now i know what you and Rob meant i just cant make up my mind if i love it or not - gonna live with it a bit longer and see how it goes cheers fella

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Cheers for the comments guys, Nice to see folk appreciate the work thats gone into bringin her bak to life...Although i would hav happily settled for a std 172 on coilovers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

PMSL! I was wonderin how long it would take for you to post that! Send me sum rear springs...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

^ Was dun the other day, compliments of 16v Clio, But i spy it needs to go into the body shop to be properly looked at, Theres bits and pieces i aint happy with.

Yeh the lights, dont look so out of place do they? Bit different from the norm, mind if i take them off ill want to take the skirts off to make it really std, which aint happening

Cheers for the comments again.

Beetle

looks great, i think the lights really suit it bein a black clio, and they go well with the skirts n wheels etc.

Arctic Blue Clio 182

Dont take of the lights. They suit that car soo well. Mint example of a stuble clio. Keep it clean :cool:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by BIG jts on 13 July 2005

My Car is Black with Black wheels. it looks really good.
lol!!...Cheers for that! I think black rims would be a lil much imo, Maybe a gunmatal grey would be as dark as id go.

Golf GTD

think its looking sweet, im seriously considering a pair of them rear clusters.

if you dont mind me asking, what suspension set up are you running?