ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You have to love a Defender!

Coupe/Defender V8
IMG00064-20101218-1713.jpg

Bolted the dash in lastnight as I was sick of the snow being here and not being able to use it. This car is epic!

Went everywhere, every snow covered hill up and down and didn't even struggle. I can't stress how good this thing was. It's the first time I have used it in any bad weather and it sums up why people buy these. All in all, I don't feel so bad now for all the money, time and effort I am spending on sorting it out.

Excuse the lack of light grills, rad grill and fogs on the front, I took them off when I drilled some holes for the lights last night!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has a long wheel base J reg defender. It feels like it would drive up a vertical wall in low ratio. Love 'em

Coupe/Defender V8
I love them too, so many heros still think they can drive where I go in this though. It's quite amusing watching them get stuck halfway down a road or up a hill.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ok...

On a more serious note, have you changed the wheels or tyres for the snow? They look narrower.

Coupe/Defender V8
Nopes, wheels are the same as when I got it off you. It was a funny angle, dark and I was quite a distance away and just zoomed in. It's been great in all this snow, bet you wish you kept it now :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Aint that the truth! If you'd seen the s**t i'm driving just to be able to get in and out of work...

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Only cars we could drive in the docks for export everything else was getting stuck and these just get on by

2.2 bar shed.
3 door rangie classic + v8 diesel + arb diffs > snow. So so so much fun to be had in these things. The satisfaction of passing stuck people is the best :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
3 door rangie classic + v8 diesel + arb diffs > snow. So so so much fun to be had in these things. The satisfaction of passing stuck people is the best :D

lol, nothing like the community spirit is there!