ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yorkshire Buttertubs Meet 14/03/2010

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Having another go at organising a trip up to North Yorks for a blast around the buttertubs and surrounding roads.

Date: 14/03/2010 (Sunday)

Meeting Point: Golden Acre, Otley Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS16 8BQ

Time: Meet at 0830 with a view to setting off at 0900.

I know its quite early but this means the roads are less likely to be packed with members of the blue rinse brigade.

Probably meet up at the car park at Golden Acre, take a few cheeky shots and then set off. I dont know an exact route but im sure it will be taking in some quality roads.

Couple of shots from the last time I was up there in my 172

IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

Come on Yorkshire - Commit! ;)

Last edited:
  RB R26.R
im in if thats ok. although i have no idea where it is and also id be probs coming from a more northern position that itself.. northallerton, thus meeting peeps there would be better.

Do you know if you will be visiting the viaduct at ribblehead? I doubt I could drive to leeds but I could mess about on the local roads and show you a few quick roads if you want :D

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you know if you will be visiting the viaduct at ribblehead? I doubt I could drive to leeds but I could mess about on the local roads and show you a few quick roads if you want :D

Probably mate - I actually prefer ribblehead to the tubs!

The road from Ribblehead to Settle is like something off another planet. Ill most likely meet you at Ribblehead if someone wants to text me when your there?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Provisional List;

1) leeds_182
2) realnumber1
3) jenic
4) matt8586
5) marcoB
6) jamescolli
7) laz5758
8) marksport 172

Mines exactly the same. I spend lots of
time pushing it's max speed, which in reality is just a daily cruising speed in the 172
I never cruised in twisties with the clio at 80 beans ;) Up until last night mine was running with a knackered turbo and with 2 bent rods. :cool:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Provisional List;

1) leeds_182
2) realnumber1
3) jenic
4) matt8586
5) marcoB
6) jamescolli
7) laz5758
8) marksport 172
9) hhh182

Sorry dude!

RB R26.R
just to put user names to faces as such, jenic i kno is the guy with the blue clio whom i first met in car park.
leeds 182 is the guy whom i met travelling along the m62?
and real no.1 is the guy with the silver 172?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
just to put user names to faces as such, jenic i kno is the guy with the blue clio whom i first met in car park.
leeds 182 is the guy whom i met travelling along the m62?
and real no.1 is the guy with the silver 172?
yer thats right

Might bring a mate along to this in his punto sporting too, depends if he wants to come or not (he reckons he wont be welcome :rasp: )

None
About time i took my clio up there, count me in

Provisional List;

1) leeds_182
2) realnumber1
3) jenic
4) matt8586
5) marcoB
6) jamescolli
7) laz5758
8) marksport 172
9) hhh182
10) ste666

182, Both cup packs
You can add me to the list as I'll definetly be there as long as I'm off work that day.

I'll try get my flatmate to come as well who's got a black 172 so that's hopefully another 2 for the list.

Not sure if I'll meet you there or come meet you all in the morning for the drive up there as well, either way I could maybe be do with a couple of names and numbers to arrange where to meet etc?

Cheers

Matt

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm off the list, just realised its the first F1 race that day at 12. Cant be missing the first race of the season can I!

1) leeds_182
2) realnumber1
3) theoctagon
4) matt8586
5) marcoB
6) jamescolli
7) laz5758
8) marksport 172
9) hhh182
10) ste666

RB R26.R
ive never been buttertubs before, is there a postcode of a pub there like with the ladybower meet i can use? might meet there depending on where car is at time.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Im happy to postpone it but wont be able to make it as im at work - im sure one of the other attendees would be happy to take the lead though.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'd come as long as its not snowing. And i will also be watching the F1 so will have to be the next weekend :)

keo

Clio Trophy
Id like to come it looks good from the pics, it is a bit of a mission for me though so not sure if i will come yet, need to see closer to the time