ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes.. another spacers request - however!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
After god knows how many times trailing though pictures of clios on spacers they all seem to be of reps filling out the arches to stop rubbing...

what I want to know is does anyone actually have any pictures of a 172 (!) with various sized spacers?

I'd like cup width really with the standard 172 wheels or maybe a tad more if I had to pick a particular one - I want it to be beyond safe!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Hmm is 5mm each side enough bring the wheels out similar to a cup?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Oh right so I may need 10mm each side at the front.

Can anyone clarify?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Righto so the new picture request is 10mm spacers please :) ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Well it seems no-one at all has ever done this fella! :)

SQ5
Get some 25mm's! Also about 1.5 deg of camber

First pic for the thread too lol!

4-1.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
My goodness - a picture - I thought I'd never see the day :)

SQ5
The spacers are the Delta Mics ones form LK. They come with bolts to bolt to the hub then my original bolts bolt to the spacers.

If they didn't have the camber they would sit just outside the arch I think.

Cannot comment on what they feel like as need to get my camber on the other side set after the mishap I had with a wheel. But at the minute is feels weird, it feels like its dragging the back round around corners and feels liek it will lose grip, could be the camber not setup properly, or something bent from the mishap!

Clio 172
I've got 13mm hub centric spacers on the front of mine.

Some before & after pics...........

Attachments

• DSC_0790.jpg
    DSC_0790.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0793.jpg
    DSC_0793.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0791.jpg
    DSC_0791.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0792.jpg
    DSC_0792.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 117
  Storm Grey 200
Just what i was looking for pete! Do they hit the inside of the arch? as its pretty close isnt it?

Clio 172
There's a nobble on the arch liner that sticks out & it was just rubbing on that slightly on full lock until i filled it down;)

Think there eibachs (got them second hand), I've not got studs just longer bolts.

Its sat on koni ajustsble shocks/eibachs sportlines & running about 1.5deg negative camber

"Navy" N17 TWO
I know - sure I just sold the full set of 20mm FK "Syestem B" ones on here during the week lol ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Sold the 20mm as they were a tad too big for what I wanted
Looking something more subtle but still fill the arch a bit more as my alloys are lost in there!

Storm Grey 200
Sold the 20mm as they were a tad too big for what I wanted
Looking something more subtle but still fill the arch a bit more as my alloys are lost in there!

Yeah, but the ones i linked to are 20mm per axle, meaning 10 a side surely?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah - mine were 40mm per axle lol

I don't know if 10mm (per wheel) will be enough on the 172?

Storm Grey 200
Yeah - mine were 40mm per axle lol

I don't know if 10mm (per wheel) will be enough on the 172?

Ah right, Well i measured and 10mm gives a 5mm gap until arch conflict. So 13 will be perfecto aslong as it doesnt rub and stuff on turning :cool:

"Navy" N17 TWO
10mm to be on the safe-side then & a bit of room for play or if you decide to lower the car

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Still not happy with the choices I have to choose from!

I want 10mm per side personally but I want it done in the very very safest way possible, Would a stud conversion make any difference?