ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yellow headlights

2002 Clio 172
hi Folks. Has anyone got a problem with yellowing lenses on their headlights? I have tried a couple of so called restoration products and neither made a difference! Any tips as I don't want to fork out for new headlights!

Im confused, are your lights old and need restoring back to normal?

Or are you looking to make them yellow? JonniP's suggestion of lamin-x is a film you can use to make your headlights look yellow...

?

2002 Clio 172
Ah. Looked up Lamin-x. Not what I was after. My lenses are beginning to go yellow and dull and I would like to know if anyone has used a product that will restore them back to a clear and clean shine! Cheers anyway

You need to be a member to view this but ill link it incase you become one soon:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...eryday-tools.-very-detailed-(lots-of-pictures

You basically need to sand down your headlights using various medium to light grades of sandpaper. i.e. 1200 > 1500 > 2000 > 2500 then polish (im not sure about the grades but a decent cut to light) then as said polish back to standard...

You will ideally need a machine polisher or it has been done with a drill, a drill mop and polish...

2002 Clio 172
Thanks guysy. Thats a job to while away the dark winter nights in the garage aspot of elbow grease and a drill...it all becomes clear!!

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Try a good plastic polish and lots pf patience, it WILL take a while...and when you get the desired result be dure to use a good wax to keep plastic oxidisation at min...