ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xperia replacement help!

Mini Cooper S sport
O2 have agreed to replace my 3rd faulty Xperia X10, but the HTC Desire is out of stock!! I need a new phone quite urgently, so what do I choose?

Please help! (Tom?)

Do NOT say iPhone.

Personally, take another X10 and wait until it becomes faulty again.

There are only 3 phones that O2 currently sell that I would own - iPhone, Blackberry 9700 Bold, and the Desire.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Listen to me in the f**king first place?

Jesus. 2 years of this nearly. Doesn't really matter what i say, you'll ignore it.

Mini Cooper S sport
Fair enough.

You're not always that helpful though you know.

I think I'll just get a replacement anything for now, then I'll have to swap it for a Desire later. No point waiting for another X10 to go faulty.

Fair enough.

You're not always that helpful though you know.

I think I'll just get a replacement anything for now, then I'll have to swap it for a Desire later. No point waiting for another X10 to go faulty.

If you do that, will they swap it again later though? When I had my C905 keep going wrong, the W995 was out of stock, but I could have a Nokia 5800. I chose the Nokia, but was told that I couldn't change it for the W995 when it was back in stock.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you have any sense at all especially at this moment in time you'd wait until monday's iphone "4" announcement and see what happens there.

Failing that, desire all day long. If you don't swap to the phone you want you wont be able to swap again.

Mini Cooper S sport
If you have any sense at all especially at this moment in time you'd wait until monday's iphone "4" announcement and see what happens there.

Failing that, desire all day long. If you don't swap to the phone you want you wont be able to swap again.

I hate it when you yell :(

I'm on a time limit, the iPhone 4 won't be out in time for me to get one, will it?

If I can, I will.

Guess I'll have to put up with the X10 until I'm back later this month, if I can.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Remember O2 wont know about it until the 8th at the earliest. So don't ask yet.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport

100% correct opinion.

Mini Cooper S sport
Remember O2 wont know about it until the 8th at the earliest. So don't ask yet.

OK.

I'll tell them I'll sort out my replacement phone when I get back from holiday.

If I can order an iPhone "4" then, I will. If not, Desire it is.

ps - I do listen to you, I didn't get a Vivaz when you told me not to!

OK.

I'll tell them I'll sort out my replacement phone when I get back from holiday.

If I can order an iPhone "4" then, I will. If not, Desire it is.

You won't get an iPhone 4. You will get a refurbed phone from O2. The Desire is in stock, it's just that they don't have a refurbed one to give you. Unless they've changed their procedure since October last year. When they replaced my faulty handset with another make/model, it arrived via courier in a little white box.

Mini Cooper S sport
You won't get an iPhone 4. You will get a refurbed phone from O2. The Desire is in stock, it's just that they don't have a refurbed one to give you. Unless they've changed their procedure since October last year. When they replaced my faulty handset with another make/model, it arrived via courier in a little white box.

Oh. Fair enough.

I just want a phone that works.

Oh. Fair enough.

I just want a phone that works.

Basically, they have a stock of phones that they use for this purpose. They are phones that have been sent back and repaired, or phones people have returned within the 14 day "try" period because they decided they didn't want them.

You never know, you may get lucky and someone may return a new iPhone, but it's doubtful.

When I was in the same situation as you, I pretty much had to take the Nokia 5800, as they said I could have been waiting for weeks/months for another SE phone to come in. So I took the Nokia, sent it off to Mazuma and got an iPhone.

Maybe if you can use your womanly charms and try and persuade them to give you a new "desire" (as on O2's website it says they are in stock) it may work, but it won't work with the new iPhone, as there will be such a demand for them.

Mini Cooper S sport
Maybe if you can use your womanly charms and try and persuade them to give you a new "desire" (as on O2's website it says they are in stock) it may work, but it won't work with the new iPhone, as there will be such a demand for them.

OK, will give it a go! I'll plead desperation.

I actually have genuine reasons for needing a working phone. The main problem with the X10 is that sometimes people can't even call me on it! I need my mum to be able to contact me while I'm away as she's on her own.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Desire's are selling out fast on o2 as people have realised that they can buy them while within a existing contract for £285 sim-free which is a good saving over the RRP. No new contract commitment required.

The Desire's are selling out fast on o2 as people have realised that they can buy them while within a existing contract for £285 sim-free which is a good saving over the RRP. No new contract commitment required.

Well if all falls through, maybe get an Xperia as a replacement, and send it to Mazuma, and buy a Desire sim free. Although, Mazuma are only giving £100 for an X10.

Deffo hassle for a Desire first. Although I hassled them for 2 weeks and got nowhere.

Citroen DS3 DSport
o2 do appear to receive a regular supply of Desire's so they should not be out of stock for long.

Mini Cooper S sport
Am currently hassling. They say they're out of stock of Desires and the ones online are on back order.

EDIT: They're calling a store for me to see if they'll do the swap.

EDIT EDIT: Store is shut, they'll try in the morning and will let me know.

Not bad service from O2 though, I have to say.

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
I've always been nokia, right up until they tried to make smart phones and failed hard.

Still have a 6300 as my work phone, it's indestructible

Clio 197
Jeez.. if you're that desperate, i'll lend you a handset.

pS the desire is good so far... but prefer a keyboard to touch screen tbh.

Clio 197
How do you find the text input? Browsing wise I think it's awesome, cot input wise I'm struggling. It's my first true touch screen phone... my last x1 had a keyboard so input was a doddle.

Mini Cooper S sport
I love the text input, easier than the X10 because it corrects mistakes for you.

Everything about it is better than the SE.