ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon headlights

PH2 172
Evening all, as some of you may have seen, I've pranged the mingo. Gutted.
Moving forward, would these fit my 182 as I seem to be struggling to find a single the same as mine. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/263407192498
Thanks in advance.

They would do in the unlikely event they survive £5 economy delivery.

The 172`s have black inserts and different dip beam bulb holders, but the bulbs, connections , dimensions etc are identical.

Best to find a pair you can collect, assuming you require a pair?

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
Well as you predicted they turned up and one of them was knackered. Box looked like it had been kicked all the way here. Messaged the guy, no response as yet.
On a side note, they aren't the same either, the adjuster has a different plug so just in case anybody is wondering, they are not completely the same.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
What do you mean the adjuster is different? Got a pic? I've repaired / split a fee headlamps now and the only difference is seen is the bulb retainer.

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
Will get a pic for you chap when I'm next at my garage.
Long story short though is the electric adjuster has a different multiplug on it it. One is much larger than the other (still three pin though) but don't fit each other.

PH2 172
Well as you predicted they turned up and one of them was knackered. Box looked like it had been kicked all the way here. Messaged the guy, no response as yet.
On a side note, they aren't the same either, the adjuster has a different plug so just in case anybody is wondering, they are not completely the same.

Not sure what you mean, I`ve got one 172 & one 182 on mine at the moment.

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
I'll get a pic tomorrow to illustrate what I mean.
Both are three pin plugs, one is larger and flat, the other is smaller and oval.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Long story short though is the electric adjuster has a different multiplug on it it. One is much larger than the other (still three pin though) but don't fit each other.

You can swap them over mate. I found that when I got some replacement lights, they just unclip and swap with your current ones.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That's odd but as said the motor can be swapped from your old light. Twist to unlock it and then its attached by an arm with a ball on the end thats in a U shaped holder. You can get it out by lifting towards the top of the headlamp to slide it out of the U. This way you'll avoid any damage.

Adjusters easy to change without splitting?
Yes they aren't that hard to do. Find the headlamp adjuster fix in the guides section, I think I posted in there how I did it.

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
As promised....
20180117_171109.jpg
20180117_171049.jpg

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
I'm not sure if those highlight it well enough but one is clearly a rectangle the other is oval. Plus one is quite a lot larger. I'll attempt to swap them over and see what happens.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
As above turn the whole plug, you will hear a click and it pulls out. Put new plug in and make sure it locates into the ball socket and turn/click into place.

Its the headlight height level adjuster by the way. Had to do it on my Trophy.