ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting xenons to 172 cup

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Can anyone tell me what's involved in this? I need a new headlight so would rather just get some xenon's in if its not difficult?

Is it a simple swap or is there more to it?

Cheers

SQ5
I think you need the loom too don't you?

I've got some Xenons if interested and with loom in tact.

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
Should be a straight fit as have previously put them on a standard 1.2 Clio with no problems

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks Daniel son. I'd be better of taping 2 candles to the front of the car instead of the cup lights

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Whys that do you know? I'm in the north of Scotland so would definitely need them posted if you were able to?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Fraser had a set for sale but he's sold them already. There's quite a big breakers yard close to work so ill try them.

Thanks anyways lads!

SQ5
I don't know how people manage to not package well enough that the lugs break, it's mainly the auto adjusters that snap i believe.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
It's the adjusters that tend to break.Ive sent them before and packaged them extremely well and put them in a huge box only for the adjusters to still get damaged.
I wouldn't send any in future ;(

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It's the adjusters that tend to break.Ive sent them before and packaged them extremely well and put them in a huge box only for the adjusters to still get damaged.
I wouldn't send any in future ;(
Completely agree, have had the adjusters break on me too.

In case anyone searches this thread in future here is a little help if your adjusters have broken

It is fiddly but you can fix them. you have to obviously take the lights out and spend an hour or two doing the below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E39-5...Car+Make:BMW|Plat_Gen:E39&hash=item5b05b817e1
if that link is broken try this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-5ER-E...ET-NEW-ITEM-/231588230080?hash=item35ebbbf3c0
Apparently this is the adjuster above, I havent tried so you might need to research it. Its the BMW E39 xenon adjuster. Word on the street is that it works.

The xenons have verticle and horizontal adjustment. Ive done this recently - transferred the white plastic adjusters from a working light to a broken one.
What you have to do first is get the ball bit out of the socket. To do this you need to get a bit of oil around the ball - use a something like a cocktail stick - i used olive oil as I couldnt be bothered finding 4in1 oil and was doing it all on the dinner table- it doesnt matter. you then need to get the ball out of the socket. I used a small micro screwdriver - flat blade to gently start to pry the socket open a little. you then need to push down on the socket to get the ball to pop out.

Then to get the adjuster out you need to start unwinding the screw adjuster till the white plastic piece is loose. catch it with some plyers.

reverse the above with the new adjuster.

Have patience and go slowly.

Hope that helps