ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Fiesta ST
Ive been wondering which one to get. I think the PS3 is supposed to be superior to the 360 but have to wait like another 6months for it. Thats not such a bad thing since if i get the PS3 when it comes out it means that I've got the whole summer to play on it (student life :D) whereas if i get an xbox i might be tempted to play on it too much and may distract me from my work. Also I might have more money when the PS3 comes out. But is the xbox worth getting instead of a PS3 next year?

Im holding fire until they are both released!!! the xbox is bound to drop in price when the PS3 gets released and be some much better packages going about!!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
well i'll probably end up with both however. this has been discussed at length before. i wouldn't underestimate the xbox. it may have less processing power, BUT, it's all to do with how the games are written and the easyness for computer games companies to write games for the console, this determines the amount of games and quality of the games coming out on a console. the xbox is highly rumoured to be much easier for developers to master especially since microsoft are the ones backing it. also playstation exclusive games have basically been terminated, i'm sure someone willt hink of somemore but at the moment it's seem they are limited to grand tourismo and possibly tekken series (but that might not last either). namco have signed to do xbox games and rockstar have started releasing gta's on xbox for a while. on the other hand, xbox have plenty of games which will only be avalible for xbox, eg halo series, forza, project gotham.....can't think of anymore right now

Black Clio 182
the xbox has got a better spec but they PS3 will have better games and sony are much better at making the gameplay better.

Pauldredge said:
the xbox has got a better spec but they PS3 will have better games and sony are much better at making the gameplay better.

thats got nothing to do with sony thats the developers

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudMuffin
Ive been wondering which one to get. I think the PS3 is supposed to be superior to the 360 but have to wait like another 6months for it.

Apparently not totally true.....

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1...-Comparison/p1/

^ for little less spun comparison click on the link below and take a look at ING, the BBC and Eurogamers reviews. There wont be much in it but the PS3 is more advanced and powerful.

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?y=y&p=ps3%20vs%20xbox%20360

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Pauldredge said:

this is the most wrong answer i have ever encountered. the ps3 has more power than the xbox - fact... and the gameplay has nothing to do with sony at all.

E91 M Sport
Pauldredge said:

I don't agree, that's just something people say to justify having worse performance (i.e. ugly bird, nice personality). I've been very impressed with both xbox and ps2 games in the last year or two. Remember how people slated the xbox controllers when it was first released?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
heard that before dogmaul. wasn't sure if it was a real issue or an xvox fanboy futhering the cause.

172 Cup
The latest release date is March 2006.

2007 would be economically unviable for Sony with the Xbox 360 out in December 2005.

Polo GTi
Paul J said:
^ for little less spun comparison click on the link below and take a look at ING, the BBC and Eurogamers reviews. There wont be much in it but the PS3 is more advanced and powerful.

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?y=y&p=ps3%20vs%20xbox%20360

hmm very interesting, haha, does anyone remember Sonys original specs for the PS2 and screen shots, the acutal console fell short, of the over inflated figues produced by Sony :boring:

I imagine I will get both, if your a serious gamer get both, if your still at school get a PS3 ;)

Fiesta ST
the other thing that has put me off is that you have to pay extra with the xbox for stuff like a hard drive and wireless controllers, don't these come as standard with the PS3? or will i have to pay extra for them too?

172 Cup
Still undecided on the HD's, Sony have said they will make a 120gig HD available but haven't said if it will be an extra yet.

Monaro VXR
theres supposed to be 2 versions of the xbox360 coming out with support for HD media dvd etc. As right now it only uses a standard dvd drive i think. Rather than the PS3's blu ray drive.

The PS3 has more raw processing power but due to the way the cell core is created is an absolute bugger to write games for has a redundant core and apparently the main core doesnt run at the same speed as the rest anyways. So theres always a few issues.

But i dont think £280 for an Xbox360 with hard drive etc is a bad price i can see sony releaseing the PS3 for £300 just cause they know they can.

Yaris Hybrid
Sony won't be doing a simultaneous world wide release and didn't the PS2 come out here a year after Japan? I am definitely betting on 2007 for the PS3.

I don't believe there will be much difference in performance between the two consoles. At the end of the day multiformat games are always designed with the least powerful console in mind. Hence why Xbox owners currently get lumped with PS2 looking games yet exclusive titles or PC conversions are a heck of a lot better. If PS3 is a lot better than 360 the situation will be reversed and PS3 owners will be stuck with games designed to run on the weaker 360 platform but with a few extra special effects chucked in as compensation. Of course they will have their exclusives but there will be less and less exclusive games this time round due to the high costs of development and developers needing to make as much money as possible to break even.

I'd expect to pay a lot for PS3 extras like HD's. Remember how much the original PS2 memory cards costed!!

I don't rate Sony, I was a massive PS1 fanboy but the PS2 was a bit of a sh*tbox and let the side down. You had no in-game 5.1 support (I mean FFS that is prehistoric) and you had the problem with RGB turning DVD's green forcing you to have a special scart lead with an RGB/Composite switch. Who the f**k designed that?!?!?! They couldn't even get the basics right! Of course ask your average PS2 owner about that and they won't have a clue what you are on about as they are mostly dumb a**es that just use the packaged lead and think it looks fine!!!!:rolleyes: Same goes for the lack of a 60hz mode and those nasty borders. That just about sums up who buys PS2's and who they are aimed at.

Sony have announced that there won't be an Xbox Live style service for the PS3. With similar graphics and both consoles pretty much equally supported by third parties I think the user friendliness of the online system will be the killer and XBox Live is absolutely superb. That pretty much kills the PS3 off for me although I expect I will still buy a PS3 purely because I can afford to and it will have a couple of exclusive AAA games. I had a PS2, Xbox and Cube by the way but the XBox was the only one I kept.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
did any of you see that program on channel 2 last night on the xbox lanuch. it looks absolutely incredible.

I saw it, was good!

I saw the 360 in the flesh today, INCREDIBLE!!

i was amazed by it, perfect dark and gotham look superb!!