ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[x360] Shenmue II

Anyone got this? I thought the first game was staggeringly good on the Dreamcast, and did in fact own the sequel but never got very far into it. The cheesy American voice acting is putting me off, but I can't recall if you can select Japanese language with subs.

Worth a punt?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No other game will come close to the awesomeness of Shenmue on the dreamcast!

Racing forklifts ftw!

Astra Twintop
Epic gaming!

Got my dreamcast set up next to the Xbox.

Toy Commander is awesome.

Id kill for Panzer Dragoon Saga tho!

Swift Sport
Yes!!

I had both 1 and 2 on my Dreamcast, soooo head of it's time and so involving. Still better than half the games out there today.

LOL. Leaving for work, buying a tin of Coke on the way, and then racing fork trucks for slips around the docks. Mmmmm warm and fuzzy gaming days. I'm going to have to get the second one I think.

172 cup
shenmue.jpg

Swift Sport
I found the game incredibly absorbing, the game had so much character and convinced the gamer he was part of the story. I loved how you could speak to anyone in the game... And how not only weather and time of day changed, but also the seasons!

Evo 8 MR
Played both many times on the Dreamcast back in the day.

Absolutely awesome games and ahead of it's time for sure, first time I'd seen QTE in a game, it was hilarious sometimes the outcome of failing them lol.

Second one is even better, starts off well then really slows down a bit but once you get past the carrying the books around part it picks up and theres an awesome build up to an epic finale!

Definitely worth playing if you have even a slight interest in martial arts.

Got both games for the Dreamcast it's a shame the 3rd game was never made. Shenmue II is Japanese with subtitles IIRC

That's what I had hoped, but there are videos online with English voice acting. I can't remember how it was on the DC.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
That's what I had hoped, but there are videos online with English voice acting. I can't remember how it was on the DC.

It was definitely Japanese with subtitles on the DC. They will have ported the Xbox version which might have had English voiceovers.

My dusty Shemue 1 & 2 :)
f9475352.jpg

^^Ferrari F355 Challenge was also safe as f**k. I also massively enjoyed Sonic Adventure. DC was probably the best console ever made TBH.

Swift Sport
^^Ferrari F355 Challenge was also safe as f**k. I also massively enjoyed Sonic Adventure. DC was probably the best console ever made TBH.

Could never get on with F335 tbh, but Sonic was awesome... and Crazy Taxi :D I can still hear The Offspring now lol

Monaro VXR
Got my DC and a loads of games boxed up somewhere. This thread is making me want to go get it out and set it up. Got Shenmue 1 and 2 on it. Been a while since I played them. Can't remember much about them.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Awesome game. Shame number 2 was subtitled though. Didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Bammmm! Powerstone!

For such a flop it re-defined gaming as we know it.

Hard rain was only 10 years behind real time movement.

On another note, Roy there was an 'unopen' super nintendo for $10,000 a few years back on ebay.

iFail. It's not an x360 game at all. It's for the original xbox and by all accounts sucks super hardcore c**k.

That leaves PC emulation or buying another DC. Meh. I want it remade in widescreen with 2010 graphics and Uncharted 2 quality voice acting :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They are never as good as you remember anyway, Roy.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I feel your pain, me and my mate drunkenly bought a dreamcast for £60 off ebay and then spent £55 on 20 games.

The hangover lead us back to ebay where the dreamcast had been listed as faulty and without the leads.

Drunken fail although we bought a gimp mask that night so not all bad.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What the fricking hell!

Oh and it was more generalising as streets of rage is as good as I can remember as is golden axe.

Oh I wish they would make a new streets of rage but the PC world we live in wouldn't allow beating people with metal bars.

This was state of the art back in the day. Seriously. This stuff was like Crysis. Quite staggering.

[YOUTUBE]Y8S91hJZd8A[/YOUTUBE]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What the fricking hell!

Oh and it was more generalising as streets of rage is as good as I can remember as is golden axe.

Oh I wish they would make a new streets of rage but the PC world we live in wouldn't allow beating people with metal bars.

Lol!

It's Wasteland baby. Still the most influential game I've ever played.

D.