ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote me car off

Astra coupe
so yeh. it's fucked, lost it on a corner, rolled and ended upside down in a ditch. pics to come tomorrow when it's out the ditch

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Sh!t mate! Sorry to hear that... Hope your ok?? Where did it happen...?

FF Blackgold 182
Sorry to hear that m8. Hope ur ok! Weather seems to be catchin quite a few people out.

oooooooooh dear , nasty m8 .....defo alot of it going around atm :S i think mine's gunna hibernate for a bit , i'll catch the bus

Astra coupe
yeh im fine thanks, bit shook up. happened near bottesford, backend just cut out, saved it and it went the other way hit the grass and rolled 4 or so times from what i remember.

RB 197 fatty
De'ja vu! did the same thing year and half ago with my brand new 1.2, 3 weeks old, 423 miles! rolld four times and into a cow in a field! completelykilled my car, couldnt tell it was a clio, i walked out with one tiny piece of glass in my hand. soooo lucky!

hope you were as lucky to mate.

oh and did i mention the insurance company payed me £1,750 more than the car cost me?!?! RESULT!!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Unlucky, NORMY was the cow ok? Used to confuse me how people rolled cars, but after seeing that woman+gate thread.

M

muchty_massive

Sorry 2 hear it mate, least its ur car thou, i rolled my mums at the end of last year! Dunno if she still loves me?!? lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Unlucky, NORMY was the cow ok? Used to confuse me how people rolled cars, but after seeing that woman+gate thread.

Astra coupe
Werent you about to sell it? Bad lcuk mate, glad you seem ok though
yep. sods law! Going to get checked out in the morning but i feel fine.
thanks for the comments guys, oh and ali cheers for your support.
got more support from you guys than i did my mum.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
What so you crashed your Clio and its NOT a Cup?? My god some people won't believe it....I was sure that only Cups crashed in the winter having see the amount of "0oooh i wonder how many Cups are left" comments.

On a serious note mate, im glad to hear you are ok. Sorry to hear about the car but as long as you are intact then thats all that matters. Cars can be replaced!

BG182®
r blimey sorry to here that m8. hope your ok tho. i did the exacted same thing too. lost it on a corner and ended up in a ditch upside down. dont let it knock ya confidence tho its somethink to learn from. just like i have :D

Astra coupe
sh*t me up at the time, kinda laughing about it now, because it can't be turned back. dropped on my head when i undid my seatbelt to get out.

BG182®
ouch!! i laughed about mine at the time too, till about a few weeks later i felt pretty gutted and relised just how lucky i was.really gives you a wake up call aye :(

330Ci M Sport
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
dropped on my head when i undid my seatbelt to get out.
hah lmao.....exactly the same thing happened with me in my mates car when this happened....only injury i had was a cut on my head where i fell onto the cracked windscreen...
x1p-27mA0dUdhTiVc2b9_bwoqDcRTbtL-2.jpg

on a more serious note...unlucky mate and i hope it all gets sorted for you....glad you're ok.

Astra coupe
yeh that's kinda out mine looks. we're going to try and get it out today, see if any local farmers will give it a pull out for us then try and figure a way to get it back. Dads going to try the skip hire place behind his work see if they would be willing to help out pull it out and get it back. I'll take some pictures and stuff.

ITB BG 182
Dude sorry to hear it matey, if you need a hand gimmie a shout ive sent you my number an ill try an wake up (working nights) but ive got a 4x4 an tow bar or if you want i can call a mate who has his own recovery flat bed service thingy.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Dude unlucky glad to hear your alright, i know how it feels, i crashed mine yesterday avoiding some guy in a freelander cutting a corner, dont think he seen me crash corner was pretty tight, it didnt stop anyway, not sure if the cars a write off or not, it seems pretty knackered so i think it will be.

RB 197 fatty
Yup, i did the seatbelt thing too!

I say i EARNT £1750 on insurance, but i failed to mention that after i had to fork out these three things:

£1440 new insurance renewal (was 800)
£250 for vet bill (yep thats right, £250 to shoot a cow) so no it wasnt ok whoever asked
£150 to highways agency for a new 'triangular big bend ahead' sign.

....just incase anyone was plannin on crashing a newcar to make money! lol

as has been said, think yourself very lucky and as if this was just an eye opener! was for me. I laughed at first, then it hits ya. Then you just laugh again!

.... but i bet you remember the music you were listening to as you crashed (mine, The Killers - Mr Brightside), and you will never forget that crushing sound as your rolling. just you wait untill you see a crash on casualty or something next and hear the glass and the bangs... CRINGE!!!!